F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

I would really like to change the driver pictures in the driver select menu and the starting grid.
Could anyone explain to me how to do this? For example, Brendon Hartley in the driver select menu, I want to change that to a picture of myself in a Toro Rosso suit. Thanks a lot!

Hello everyone! Wich file i have to edit to make this message possible in my carrer mode? I have search every files with EEA but cant find it.
Sans-titre-1.jpg

Sans-titre-2.jpg
This is from aarava career mode and its pure photoshop

A little question. I want that the commentator say a custom driver audio name instead of Raikkonen (Which one, i do not care too much for the moment, i just want it to work. So let's take the first custom audio name for example). So, i've tried to do what you said with changing speechEvents.bin in audio folder with HEX. And so i thought i had to replace dc_rundown_pole_rai_01 with dc_rundown_pole_ch201 but it doesn't work. Now, the commentator do not say anything. So i don't know if it's because it's not "ch201" that i need to use or if it's because "rai" and "ch201" don't have the same number of letters and so it makes conflicts with the hexadecimal and everything.
Tell me what you think, I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance :)
what do you mean "ch201"? if you want to change raikkonen to leclerc then replace dc_rundown_pole_rai_01 with dc_rundown_pole_lec_01 & dc_rundown_pole_rai_02 with dc_rundown_pole_lec_02

UPD: sorry, didnt saw that you want to change it to custom driver; custom drivers have ABSOLUTELY different names; for example "A Brian lines up on pole position..." is dc_customdriver_61_02
to unpack .nfs files to see file names you have to use that instruction:

1. Download an archive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17f2-yFUEy5O-nQZl8gqzyRVW5U8Mf-fR/view?usp=sharing
2. Unpack it
3. Open quickbms.exe
4. You'll se an CMD and file-open window, open "codemasters_nefs.bms" (1st screenshot)
1.png

5. You'll se another file-open window, open .nfs archive from "audio/2018/speech" folder (en_an_startup.nfs for example, 2nd screenshot)
2.png

6. In another window choose the folder, where you need to save files and click "save"
7. Wait until CMD completes it's dark job, when it's ready you can close CMD (3rd screenshot)
3.png

8. Now we're seeing some strange .wem files, copy them to "converter" folder and open "converter.bat"
9. Wait until 2nd dark job of the dark CMD and then you'll see .ogg files which you can convert to .wav, .mp3 if you dont have specific codecs/programs to open .ogg (4th-5th screenshots)
4.png

5.png

p.s. en_an - Claire (journalist)
en_bc & en_bc_startup - commentators (what you need is in the en_bc_startup)
en_po - Emma
en_re & en_re_startup - engineer

Last edited:
what do you mean "ch201"? if you want to change raikkonen to leclerc then replace dc_rundown_pole_rai_01 with dc_rundown_pole_lec_01 & dc_rundown_pole_rai_02 with dc_rundown_pole_lec_02

UPD: sorry, didnt saw that you want to change it to custom driver; custom drivers have ABSOLUTELY different names; for example "A Brian lines up on pole position..." is dc_customdriver_61_02

1. Download an archive: https://yadi.sk/d/T2Mz3Tgu3TjQct
2. Unpack it
3. Open quickbms.exe
4. You'll se an CMD and file-open window, open "codemasters_nefs.bms" (1st screenshot)
1.png

5. You'll se another file-open window, open .nfs archive from "audio/2018/speech" folder (en_an_startup.nfs for example, 2nd screenshot)
2.png

6. In another window choose the folder, where you need to save files and click "save"
7. Wait until CMD completes it's dark job, when it's ready you can close CMD (3rd screenshot)
3.png

8. Now we're seeing some strange .wem files, copy them to "converter" folder and open "converter.bat"
9. Wait until 2nd dark job of the dark CMD and then you'll see .ogg files which you can convert to .wav, .mp3 if you dont have specific codecs/programs to open .ogg (4th-5th screenshots)
4.png

5.png

en_po - Emma
Very interesting, is it possible to also edit Jeff's replies?

2. Unpack it
3. Open quickbms.exe
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

en_po - Emma
After editing mp3 files how to get it back to game?

After editing mp3 files how to get it back to game?
you have to use speech_patch folder like codemasters did in F1 2015-2016 but honestly I only know how to replace en_re_startup.nfs phrases, you have to make them into .wem files with WWise program and put them into speech_patch\en\engineer_startup
I'll appreciate if someone find out how to name the folder instead of "engineer_startup" to replace any other phrases, not just from "en_re_startup.nfs"

Last edited:
Does someone knows how to change the driver images at the start of the race / in the menu?
go here F1 2018\asset_groups\ui_package\flow_persistent.erp. They are texarray files so its a compliation of dds images. Press <> below the erp archiver to view each images.
its similar with editing textures with alpha channels. Saving texarray UI would be different though as you need to save them as still intel BC7 SRGB and only one mipmap. and also the resolution of the images should be the same as the rest of the images in the texarray.

go here F1 2018\asset_groups\ui_package\flow_persistent.erp. They are texarray files so its a compliation of dds images. Press <> below the erp archiver to view each images.
its similar with editing textures with alpha channels. Saving texarray UI would be different though as you need to save them as still intel BC7 SRGB and only one mipmap. and also the resolution of the images should be the same as the rest of the images in the texarray.
thanks man!

Can someone give me a tutorial or link on how to change Williams chassis to Force India's and then how to make Williams have Force India's cameras?

Can someone give me a tutorial or link on how to change Williams chassis to Force India's and then how to make Williams have Force India's cameras?
read up this thread, there's a chassis swap tutorial in here. Cameras is just taking the file for them from the chassis source team and do a replace all in your text editor on the teamname there

2. Unpack it
3. Open quickbms.exe
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

en_po - Emma

I did how you said, i changed "dc_rundown_pole_rai_02" with "dc_customdriver_61_02" but it still doesn't work. Do i have to do like you said just after, to use Wwise? Cause i didn't edited any file. I just want to heard "Brian" instead of "Raikkonen".

I did how you said, i changed "dc_rundown_pole_rai_02" with "dc_customdriver_61_02" but it still doesn't work. Do i have to do like you said just after, to use Wwise? Cause i didn't edited any file. I just want to heard "Brian" instead of "Raikkonen".
try to change also dc_rundown_pole_rai_01
p.s. I dont exactly know how to replace commentators with wwise and speech_patch folder, I know only how to replace the engineer_startup replics, sorry man

So I have a few questions.

1-I'm putting a picture of myself in a sauber suit for the grid roundups. I've exported the original, edited it and am ready to import. When I import it into the texarray using the erp editor it says "index outside bounds of array". So it's trying to append this texture onto the end of the array, but can't because it's static. I don't want it to append to the array, I want it to replace the selected item at the selected index. How do I make it do that?

2-Linked to the one above I suppose. I want to do the same as described above but with the full bodyshot of my avatar thing, the one shown on the rivals screen. I can't for the life of me find that texture though. Does anyone know where I can find it?

3-I can find the texture for the career cap and I can stick my driver number on that fine, is there a way for me to do that with gloves and driver suit though? So my driver will have a number (and named if possible) driver suit and gloves?

EDIT - Managed to do the gloves and bodyshot but I'd still greatly appreciate help with the drivers suit (if possible to customise) and the headshot array bounds error.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back