F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

Is there anyway I can change the hand models so that they do n't glitch through the steering wheel after a chassis change? Thanks in advance!
Go to incardriver.erp export the incardriver.xml
Find the team you want to change the hands of and change the path of the animations to the team they have the chassis of

E.g if ferrari has the Mercedes chassis go to ferrari and change the path to their animations to Mercedes’ path

Where I can change the colors? I've tried on ui_package and enviroment

xzD7SWF.jpg

How do I change the engine sounds of just a single team? I want to change redbull to the honda noise without changing all renaults

If you look in the ERP file of red bull, there's a tab for PKG file. In there is carmodel,layer.json. Export that and scroll to the 4th or 5th column that says AudioF1Car. The first line is "BundleName" that's what selects the engine noise and looks like "stri redbull2018.bdl or something. Change that to the same one as in the Toro Rosso file to get the Honda engine noise.

Hope that helps.

He hasnt made a tutorial on custom career drivers though has he?

No but I imagine you could extrapolate from that to achieve your goal.

Below Magnussen in the XML's are range of customer driver options, so if for example you wanted to play out Leclerc in Career then you could copy in Leclerc's details to the relevant custom files. I haven't tried that but I imagine it would work.

Ok, so I am thinking I want to do a classic car career mode, I know that I would have to move the car models over, but how do I bring over their textures, the car is a different model. so do I have to name it off of the naming scheme of the one already in the erp, or do I use the naming scheme from the car that I got the car model from. or do I copy and paste the erp into the other folder, then rename the erp its self

Ok, so I am thinking I want to do a classic car career mode, I know that I would have to move the car models over, but how do I bring over their textures, the car is a different model. so do I have to name it off of the naming scheme of the one already in the erp, or do I use the naming scheme from the car that I got the car model from. or do I copy and paste the erp into the other folder, then rename the erp its self
Naming scheme of the car already in the erp. Example if you were replacing Mercedes use the Mercedes texture names

Where I can change the colors?

Pretty sure it is:
animation_package/scenes/careerhub/race_day_r_n_d_area/career_hub.erp

The wall is called "doors" and is pretty obvious to find in the erp but the monitors are very strange b/c they appear blank due to their alpha channel. They're called "monitor_rack_a_screens"...need to import with alpha in Ps and then you can edit them.

I made a file location map and now I realize it needs to be corrected. The files for the rnd I edited were these:

animation_package/scenes/careerhub/race_day_r_n_d_area/career_hub.erp (this one has the monitors)
For the windows/glass only:
animation_package/scenes/careerhub/race_day_r_n_d_area/rnd_1st_time_part_failure_2018.erp
animation_package/scenes/careerhub/race_day_r_n_d_area/rnd_regulation_change_intro_2018.erp
animation_package/scenes/careerhub/race_day_r_n_d_area/rnd_regulation_change_result_bad_2018.erp
animation_package/scenes/careerhub/race_day_r_n_d_area/rnd_regulation_change_result_good_2018.erp

environment_package/second_world/race_day_r_n_d_common.erp
environment_package/second_world/race_day_agents_office_common.erp

Pretty sure it is:
animation_package/scenes/careerhub/race_day_r_n_d_area/career_hub.erp

The wall is called "doors" and is pretty obvious to find in the erp but the monitors are very strange b/c they appear blank due to their alpha channel. They're called "monitor_rack_a_screens"...need to import with alpha in Ps and then you can edit them.

I made a file location map and now I realize it needs to be corrected. The files for the rnd I edited were these:

animation_package/scenes/careerhub/race_day_r_n_d_area/career_hub.erp (this one has the monitors)
For the windows/glass only:
animation_package/scenes/careerhub/race_day_r_n_d_area/rnd_1st_time_part_failure_2018.erp
animation_package/scenes/careerhub/race_day_r_n_d_area/rnd_regulation_change_intro_2018.erp
animation_package/scenes/careerhub/race_day_r_n_d_area/rnd_regulation_change_result_bad_2018.erp
animation_package/scenes/careerhub/race_day_r_n_d_area/rnd_regulation_change_result_good_2018.erp

environment_package/second_world/race_day_r_n_d_common.erp
environment_package/second_world/race_day_agents_office_common.erp

Thank you :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies