F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

oh ok, thank you, so what do I need to change in the fom_car assetgroup in order to make it work?
just add the <erp> (or something like that, I can't remember the syntax perfectly) line from the fom_car assetgroup file to the mercedes one. I think it's enough to just do one with the assetgroup even if you are using the chassis for more than one team.

Though do beware, the fom_car has some glitches like an invisible inside of the rear wing (on some teams) and a floating rainlight

just add the <erp> (or something like that, I can't remember the syntax perfectly) line from the fom_car assetgroup file to the mercedes one. I think it's enough to just do one with the assetgroup even if you are using the chassis for more than one team.

Though do beware, the fom_car has some glitches like an invisible inside of the rear wing (on some teams) and a floating rainlight
Ok thanks, correct me if i'm wrong but this process is similar to the one you used for the 2017 car mod right?

Hello everyone! Thanks to this thread (and additions that Codies have made, such as adding the localisation file) most of my modding needs are sorted. However, the only issue I am having which was not a problem in 2017 is changing car numbers. Downloading a skin with car numbers seems to work, but the old way of exporting via ERP and re-importing does not work. Basically trying to do a 2019 mod for my 2nd career season (there are some 2019 mods on here but those contain skins with chassis and performance changes which I didn't like). Is there any way to do this? I am unable to get photoshop due to the cost, so I use GIMP.

Hello everyone! Thanks to this thread (and additions that Codies have made, such as adding the localisation file) most of my modding needs are sorted. However, the only issue I am having which was not a problem in 2017 is changing car numbers. Downloading a skin with car numbers seems to work, but the old way of exporting via ERP and re-importing does not work. Basically trying to do a 2019 mod for my 2nd career season (there are some 2019 mods on here but those contain skins with chassis and performance changes which I didn't like). Is there any way to do this? I am unable to get photoshop due to the cost, so I use GIMP.
I assume your issue is with the texture types which are only supported on Photoshop (as far as I'm aware at least). You might be able to circumvent the issue by using an older EEA version but that would have some issues with mipmaps compression. If it isn't just a textures type issue then if you do want to give me some more details about what specifically your issue with numbers is I can try to help.

I assume your issue is with the texture types which are only supported on Photoshop (as far as I'm aware at least). You might be able to circumvent the issue by using an older EEA version but that would have some issues with mipmaps compression. If it isn't just a textures type issue then if you do want to give me some more details about what specifically your issue with numbers is I can try to help.

Thanks for the reply, I have resolved the issue I was having. What I was doing was going into the team asset on EEA 6.1, exporting the car number from that file then trying to re-import it. This was not working when I loaded the game. What I then tried was 'export all'. Went into the folder this created, copied the file to another folder, then imported it over the number and it worked! Think it was mip-maps that were the issue before. Thanks for the offer of assistance though!

Thanks for the reply, I have resolved the issue I was having. What I was doing was going into the team asset on EEA 6.1, exporting the car number from that file then trying to re-import it. This was not working when I loaded the game. What I then tried was 'export all'. Went into the folder this created, copied the file to another folder, then imported it over the number and it worked! Think it was mip-maps that were the issue before. Thanks for the offer of assistance though!
I think you haven't set your game directory correctly then, because it isn't setting your mipmaps correctly.

3D model helmet replacement:
incardriver_erp_xmlfiles\animation_package\scenes\cinematics\2018_drivers.scene.xml
incardriver_erp_xmlfiles\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2018\incardriver.scene.xml
but the stickers on the overalls need to be transferred to the jumpsuit

for example 3D model helmet max verstappen for lewis hamilton

Attachments

• Снимок.JPG
    Снимок.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 264
  • F1_2018 2018-11-30 20-17-07-82.jpg
    F1_2018 2018-11-30 20-17-07-82.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 277
  • F1_2018 2018-11-30 20-17-08-77.jpg
    F1_2018 2018-11-30 20-17-08-77.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 284
  • F1_2018 2018-11-30 20-17-09-32.jpg
    F1_2018 2018-11-30 20-17-09-32.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 248
  • F1_2018 2018-11-30 20-17-09-94.jpg
    F1_2018 2018-11-30 20-17-09-94.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 248
  • F1_2018 2018-11-30 20-20-38-49.jpg
    F1_2018 2018-11-30 20-20-38-49.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 273
  • F1_2018 2018-11-30 20-20-39-19.jpg
    F1_2018 2018-11-30 20-20-39-19.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 261
  • F1_2018 2018-11-30 20-20-39-92.jpg
    F1_2018 2018-11-30 20-20-39-92.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 275
  • F1_2018 2018-11-30 20-20-41-27.jpg
    F1_2018 2018-11-30 20-20-41-27.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 236
  • Снимок.JPG
    Снимок.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
3D model helmet replacement:
incardriver_erp_xmlfiles\animation_package\scenes\cinematics\2018_drivers.scene.xml
incardriver_erp_xmlfiles\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2018\incardriver.scene.xml
but the stickers on the overalls need to be transferred to the jumpsuit

for example 3D model helmet max verstappen for lewis hamilton
what about "kitpart_assets/generic/helmets/helmet_bell_01/idf/helmet_bell_01", hmm?

Hi guys,questions and questions again lol.
Right so talking about 2019 we will wait for liveries and helmets and that's ok,we know how to change drivers names,teams names and who to do face swaps for the in game animations and this is all great.
My next question is,I didn't try it but now say for example I will put leclerc in Ferrari instead of Raikkonen,when I will start the race and the commentator will announce the grid,will he say Raikkonen or not say any name?
If he will say Raikkonen is any chance we can edit the audio too?
Thanks

Hi guys,questions and questions again lol.
Right so talking about 2019 we will wait for liveries and helmets and that's ok,we know how to change drivers names,teams names and who to do face swaps for the in game animations and this is all great.
My next question is,I didn't try it but now say for example I will put leclerc in Ferrari instead of Raikkonen,when I will start the race and the commentator will announce the grid,will he say Raikkonen or not say any name?
If he will say Raikkonen is any chance we can edit the audio too?
Thanks
I dont think there is a chance to change Crofty, just mute him :p

You can change speechEvents.bin in audio folder with HEX (that's important!), swap like dc_rundown_pole_lec_01 & dc_rundown_pole_lec_02 with dc_rundown_pole_rai_01 and dc_rundown_pole_rai_02 - commentator will say about Leclerc instead of Raikkonen; also there is a way to replace the whole voices, by the speech_patch folder, Codemasters used it in F1 2015-2016, but you should know the folder name and the file name, for example you have speech archives in speech folder inside of the audio folder, to replace en_re_startup.nfs content, you have to create folders "speech_patch/en/engineer_startup/" and put audio files in .wem format there, but I dont know how to name folder instead of "engineer_startup" to replace other archives' content
also I know how to extract .nfs files so you can listen absolutely all voices from any codemasters game that uses .nfs archives for speech and I can give you an instruction to do both things (extract & replace by speech_patch folder) if you need

some facts:
1) Claire's voice files have something about F2, like "Davin will be close to you on the grid", or "How does it feel to see your old F2 rival moved to the top of the field in F1?" and they're all about someone with name Davin and Lucas, but there is noone named Davin or Lucas in the real F2, maybe they will add interviews in coop? (there are a lot of phrases with mark "f2" + 4 different variations of them)
2) Jeff's voice files have red flag in it, like "The race has been red-flagged, take care and bring the car back to grid." and also 4 different variations of it; + there was a subtitles for this red-flag speech, but codemasters removed them from .lng files just in f1 2018, its still exists in f1 2017 and maybe f1 2015-2016;
sorry for my bad english, hello from Russia :D

You can change speechEvents.bin in audio folder with HEX (that's important!), swap like dc_rundown_pole_lec_01 & dc_rundown_pole_lec_02 with dc_rundown_pole_rai_01 and dc_rundown_pole_rai_02 - commentator will say about Leclerc instead of Raikkonen; also there is a way to replace the whole voices, by the speech_patch folder, Codemasters used it in F1 2015-2016, but you should know the folder name and the file name, for example you have speech archives in speech folder inside of the audio folder, to replace en_re_startup.nfs content, you have to create folders "speech_patch/en/engineer_startup/" and put audio files in .wem format there, but I dont know how to name folder instead of "engineer_startup" to replace other archives' content
also I know how to extract .nfs files so you can listen absolutely all voices from any codemasters game that uses .nfs archives for speech and I can give you an instruction to do both things (extract & replace by speech_patch folder) if you need

some facts:
1) Claire's voice files have something about F2, like "Davin will be close to you on the grid", or "How does it feel to see your old F2 rival moved to the top of the field in F1?" and they're all about someone with name Davin and Lucas, but there is noone named Davin or Lucas in the real F2, maybe they will add interviews in coop? (there are a lot of phrases with mark "f2" + 4 different variations of them)
2) Jeff's voice files have red flag in it, like "The race has been red-flagged, take care and bring the car back to grid." and also 4 different variations of it; + there was a subtitles for this red-flag speech, but codemasters removed them from .lng files just in f1 2018, its still exists in f1 2017 and maybe f1 2015-2016;
sorry for my bad english, hello from Russia :D

Thanks a lot,is this HEX a program?if yes where can I download it from?
Thanks

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea