F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

I would really like to change the driver pictures in the driver select menu and the starting grid.
Could anyone explain to me how to do this? Thanks a lot!

You can change speechEvents.bin in audio folder with HEX (that's important!), swap like dc_rundown_pole_lec_01 & dc_rundown_pole_lec_02 with dc_rundown_pole_rai_01 and dc_rundown_pole_rai_02 - commentator will say about Leclerc instead of Raikkonen; also there is a way to replace the whole voices, by the speech_patch folder, Codemasters used it in F1 2015-2016, but you should know the folder name and the file name, for example you have speech archives in speech folder inside of the audio folder, to replace en_re_startup.nfs content, you have to create folders "speech_patch/en/engineer_startup/" and put audio files in .wem format there, but I dont know how to name folder instead of "engineer_startup" to replace other archives' content
also I know how to extract .nfs files so you can listen absolutely all voices from any codemasters game that uses .nfs archives for speech and I can give you an instruction to do both things (extract & replace by speech_patch folder) if you need

some facts:
1) Claire's voice files have something about F2, like "Davin will be close to you on the grid", or "How does it feel to see your old F2 rival moved to the top of the field in F1?" and they're all about someone with name Davin and Lucas, but there is noone named Davin or Lucas in the real F2, maybe they will add interviews in coop? (there are a lot of phrases with mark "f2" + 4 different variations of them)
2) Jeff's voice files have red flag in it, like "The race has been red-flagged, take care and bring the car back to grid." and also 4 different variations of it; + there was a subtitles for this red-flag speech, but codemasters removed them from .lng files just in f1 2018, its still exists in f1 2017 and maybe f1 2015-2016;
sorry for my bad english, hello from Russia :D

A little question. I want that the commentator say a custom driver audio name instead of Raikkonen (Which one, i do not care too much for the moment, i just want it to work. So let's take the first custom audio name for example). So, i've tried to do what you said with changing speechEvents.bin in audio folder with HEX. And so i thought i had to replace dc_rundown_pole_rai_01 with dc_rundown_pole_ch201 but it doesn't work. Now, the commentator do not say anything. So i don't know if it's because it's not "ch201" that i need to use or if it's because "rai" and "ch201" don't have the same number of letters and so it makes conflicts with the hexadecimal and everything.
Tell me what you think, I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance :)

Can face exchanges be made with the faces of the career mode?
Following @KeisariKine method with his tutorial, I can swap faces between drivers of the grid, but I could include one of the available faces of career mode that replaces the face of Brendon Hartley (for example)?

Thanks in advance and regards

Can face exchanges be made with the faces of the career mode?
Following @KeisariKine method with his tutorial, I can swap faces between drivers of the grid, but I could include one of the available faces of career mode that replaces the face of Brendon Hartley (for example)?

Thanks in advance and regards
I don't think it's been fully tested but you can use some faces like "Juan Lopez" from the classic drivers but not sure about the podium animations

Anyone else having problems with replacing helmets after the latest update? I'm getting the old helmet clipping together with the new one i modded in?

Anyone else having problems with replacing helmets after the latest update? I'm getting the old helmet clipping together with the new one i modded in?
I haven't tried replacing a helmet after the update but the ones that I replaced before it work just fine.
I think Kine is right with the mipmaps thing though

I have replaced the _d.tga texture of the helmet in the .incardriver.erp then i select the minimap that matched my helmet in the character package unbranded folder and replace it there... When in game from far away the helmet is the original skin where as up close it is the new modded design i put in. I'm confused because this is the way i used to do it before the update and now its different for me? Thanks for the help however, i'm just super baffled.

I have replaced the _d.tga texture of the helmet in the .incardriver.erp then i select the minimap that matched my helmet in the character package unbranded folder and replace it there... When in game from far away the helmet is the original skin where as up close it is the new modded design i put in. I'm confused because this is the way i used to do it before the update and now its different for me? Thanks for the help however, i'm just super baffled.
have you tried multiple helmets as base (like com_01 and com_02), also do you replace the _s file of the helmets

are you sure you are saving the erp correctly then? Because if it fades out when far way then it seems like an issue with the small scale texture itself which is stored in the erp and not in the mipmap file
I think I am.... Just hitting save and then overwriting the .erp i just edited? Unless there is another way to do it? I think i might try just re installing the game see if that fixes anything

I think I am.... Just hitting save and then overwriting the .erp i just edited? Unless there is another way to do it? I think i might try just re installing the game see if that fixes anything
let me know if you do get it fixed, I will try to install a helmet at some point when I find the time to see if I have the same issue

Hello everyone! Wich file i have to edit to make this message possible in my carrer mode? I have search every files with EEA but cant find it.
Sans-titre-1.jpg

Sans-titre-2.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back