F1 2018 F1 2018 Game Release Date Announced - Plus More Classic Content!

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Release Date.jpg

Codemasters confirm late August release date for F1 2018 - plus some new fan requested content..

With the new Formula One season now well into the swing of things, Codemasters have decided the time feels right to give a first official announcement around the next official Formula One game from the British studio, confirming F1 2018 will be released worldwide on Xbox, PlayStation 4 and PC this August 24th.

Furthermore, Codemasters inform us that they have been listening to fans more than ever before for this upcoming new game, building on the very solid title that was F1 2017 with what has been described as a "further enhanced" career mode following the welcome return to this feature in F1 2017, plus yet more classic content scheduled to appear in the new title. Which cars are expected to be included has yet to be revealed, however Codemasters have said they are listening to the fans, and have acted accordingly with the design decisions taken for the new title:

"Over the past few years we have engaged heavily with our fan-base to understand what is important to them, and we cannot wait to unveil more details on features we know our fans will love. Career mode has been further expanded to immerse players even deeper into the world of F1 than before, with the return of a highly requested feature back into the franchise. We are also adding more classic cars, again listening to our fans as to which of the historical F1 cars they would most like to virtually drive next. Outside of those headline additions there are many other great enhancements to be revealed before the game launches.”

Get that hype train rolling, head over to the F1 2018 sub forum HERE.

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to F1 2018? What would you like to see included in the new title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 205301

Useless
(I could understand that some guys really appreciates the F1 serie, but that's not really the sort of stuff for a sim'website...Now, as usual, haters will hate and won't be objective, and fanboys will love without any question...)
...and We'll have, as usual, some things like "no VR, no buy" ...hum hum....so you don't matters if the title is good or not, if it's realistic or not ? only here for VR, ahah, so a bad game, maximum arcadish with VR is great for you ? ... ... strange world...
@++

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm genuinely doing some "thinking out loud" - how do you reconcile that all the statistics and game devs seem to be saying VR is a tiny fraction of the gaming public...but on the other hand, the RD F1 2018 announcement thread is like 3/4's "no VR no purchase"...it doesn't add up to me.

Either the game devs are looking at bad statistics or RD has an unusual number of VR owners (i.e. we're not a very representative slice of the overall gaming public).

For the record, I have VR and, all other things being equal, sure I'd like to see F1 2018 support it. But it's miles off from being a "make or break" feature for me - I still do the vast majority of my gaming (sims and otherwise) not in VR.
https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

0.63% VR owners amongst all Steam users.

They are designing the game to appeal to the masses. Seems only a tiny minority have VR so would it make sense to dedicate a lot of time to integrating it at the expense of the playing experience for everyone else? There is only so much time they can invest in development and I would imagine quite a strict deadline for release too.

Personally I don't have VR I but can understand why those who do want this game to support it so much. Whether Codemasters can get it in there whilst making the kind of improvements they need to in other areas only time will tell.

no VR no game....According to this forum no one will buy the game!!! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I understand why they wont include VR, IMO simply because VR has terrible image quality and therefore its against what F1 stands for!
F1 not being a simulator has his strong selling point in recreating the TV Broadcast show and that is something VR just cant handle at the moment!
Lets face it once and for all, VR image quality sucks compared to the crisp clear displays available today.
its no surprise Codies dont want to mess around with their sponsors image.

IMO people should demand better VR quality instead compatibility with this current blurry mess.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to start anything, I'm genuinely doing some "thinking out loud" - how do you reconcile that all the statistics and game devs seem to be saying VR is a tiny fraction of the gaming public...but on the other hand, the RD F1 2018 announcement thread is like 3/4's "no VR no purchase"...it doesn't add up to me.

Either the game devs are looking at bad statistics or RD has an unusual number of VR owners (i.e. we're not a very representative slice of the overall gaming public).

They use bad statistics, and in addition they can't interprete them properly, it's that simple. Codies - as well as most game dev studios- are absolute amateurs in market research and have no idea about the relevant key figures.
They see statistics like "only 3% (made up, i don't know the exact current number) of the gamers are using VR." They don't understand that those gamers are ALL gamers on the planet. Most of them are kids and play ego shooters and alike. They don't understand, that in their target group the number of VR users is significantly higher. They also don't understand that implementing VR into a very successful title (e.g. Forza or F1) would boost VR sales and cause a positive interdependency.

One very good (or bad, depending on the viewpoint) example are the Devs of Subnautica, which is available in VR. To the question why they don't implement touch control, they answered that only a fraction of their users is using VR, and it is not financially feasible to implement touch control.
The point they are missing is, that there are more VR users out there then people who bought Subnautica. Implementing touch control would make this game to an absolute flagship game for VR, only comparable to Lone Echo (which probably more then 50% of all Rift users bought). This would inversly lead to probably most of the VR users buying the game and boosting the total sales by more then 50% or even 100% - even i would buy it instantly, even though i am using 95% of my VR time for flight or car sims. But the Devs are obviously too shortsighted to see this. This is unfortuantely also the case with many sim(cade) game studios...
Franchises like Forza, WRC or F1 would be premium instabuys for me, if they had VR. Without VR they are definit no buys, not even for 10 quid in a sale

i will buy it like any other racing/sim titles :(:D

my only wish about this game is better "AI" not faster AI but better AI , for the last 4-5 years they were driving in a queue just like a giant snake .. snake simulator 2017 :(

and for the VR i like to see if there is VR support, but i don't have VR as i don't have the luxury of not getting PTSD when playing on VR

Last edited:
Useless
(I could understand that some guys really appreciates the F1 serie, but that's not really the sort of stuff for a sim'website...Now, as usual, haters will hate and won't be objective, and fanboys will love without any question...)
...and We'll have, as usual, some things like "no VR, no buy" ...hum hum....so you don't matters if the title is good or not, if it's realistic or not ? only here for VR, ahah, so a bad game, maximum arcadish with VR is great for you ? ... ... strange world...
@++

"realistic or not" "only here for VR" "maximum arcadish" ..I think your world is strange, there has been no mention of the points you have raised in your post, a lot of members are just saying they would not purchase the game without VR support ..why do you assume, a none realistic, arcade game would be acceptable to a VR user ???

Lets face it once and for all, VR image quality sucks compared to the crisp clear displays available today.....

...IMO people should demand better VR quality instead compatibility with this current blurry mess.

e76e572f7cc4f52c36a20cc7bb59dd88.jpg

This! Tried the VR (oculus...)on AC and some other racing games with a friend of mine...it's for sure an amazing stuff, really immersive..but no way IMHO to swap my 4K HDR monitor with a VR with such a bad and blurry resolution..Hopefully more powerfull VR will come in the future...

Seems like these days you guys are all VR or DIE attitude. :rolleyes:
Guess I'll never get one.
And, surprisingly, not cause I don't like it (who wouldn't, right?:)) but for one ...quite trivial reason.
I like to play with T-cam view. :coffee:
Now... wouldn't that be something huh ? :D

No thanks, never again, last year's with was horrid, given them many chances and they just dont get any better. I have a whole 12 hours on last year's, a waste of money.
:roflmao::roflmao:
You totally missed the sub-forum. This is not, I repeat NOT, DiRT 4 section.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back