F1 2018 F1 2018 Game Release Date Announced - Plus More Classic Content!

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Release Date.jpg

Codemasters confirm late August release date for F1 2018 - plus some new fan requested content..

With the new Formula One season now well into the swing of things, Codemasters have decided the time feels right to give a first official announcement around the next official Formula One game from the British studio, confirming F1 2018 will be released worldwide on Xbox, PlayStation 4 and PC this August 24th.

Furthermore, Codemasters inform us that they have been listening to fans more than ever before for this upcoming new game, building on the very solid title that was F1 2017 with what has been described as a "further enhanced" career mode following the welcome return to this feature in F1 2017, plus yet more classic content scheduled to appear in the new title. Which cars are expected to be included has yet to be revealed, however Codemasters have said they are listening to the fans, and have acted accordingly with the design decisions taken for the new title:

"Over the past few years we have engaged heavily with our fan-base to understand what is important to them, and we cannot wait to unveil more details on features we know our fans will love. Career mode has been further expanded to immerse players even deeper into the world of F1 than before, with the return of a highly requested feature back into the franchise. We are also adding more classic cars, again listening to our fans as to which of the historical F1 cars they would most like to virtually drive next. Outside of those headline additions there are many other great enhancements to be revealed before the game launches.”

Get that hype train rolling, head over to the F1 2018 sub forum HERE.

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to F1 2018? What would you like to see included in the new title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
As you probably already know in 2017, Codemasters stole the F2002 model from an Assetto Corsa modder called Salamander Soldier ....
They announced more classics so how many and which will be stolen this time ?
They probably bought the model online at one of the many sites offering 3D models.
Many people rip cars and presents them as their own on 3D model stocksites.
Impossible to know whats original and copied.
Remember that the first DRM mod also ended up at 3D model stocksite, without their permission.
Pissed them off bigtime.

VR : tiny, but very (very, very) vocal community.
That's the internet. Few people can make a lot of noise. It was the same on rF2 forums. The same small amount of people would go on an on about VR and wouldn't stop.

I didn't buy F1 2017 because of no VR support, but I did try it during a free weekend. And what I discovered was that it is fairly playable on SteamVR where you use the virtual screen inside the app. It essentially gives you a massive monitor as close to your face as you like inside the VR construct. Having said that, I still won't buy it without proper VR support.

Apparently, by Steam numbers, and by game companies who don't seem to bother with VR.
You probably mean your Fortnite or LoL community i guess...
because regarding Sim Racing it's a whole lot different. In the latest club races i took part, more then 50% of the drivers had a VR headset already.

By your logic racing games could also ditch multicontroller or even wheel support, because only a "tiny, but very very vocal" community owns racing wheels or similar gear.

In the latest club races i took part, more then 50% of the drivers had a VR headset already.
And in my house, 100% of the drivers have a wheel, and 0% of the drivers have a VR headset :) Your players sample isn't representative enough, and if it was, all the games would be VR compatible.

By your logic racing games could also ditch multicontroller or even wheel support, because only a "tiny, but very very vocal" community owns racing wheels or similar gear.
You need a wheel to drive properly a car in a simulator, but you don't need VR.

And as I said, you can make all the noise you want, if the game companies don't think VR is a worthwhile investment, VR will go the way of 3D TV.

Right now VR is cost prohibitive to many. Given the choice of a mid-price range wheel pedal combo or VR I can't imagine someone racing with a controller in VR rather than with a wheel and no VR. I get it. You have spent a goodly chunk of money on VR and you want to be able to use it. I would not buy a game without wheel support so VR users, you have expressed yourself and vowed not to buy the game w/o VR support. The back and forth on the relative merits and the statistical reports on VR users are in the hands of the developers. It now comes down to where VR support sits on the list of priorities by release date.

Let's back in topic..would you mind? This is not a VR thread.. So, in my hopinion:

1 Full manual box entry and driving
2 Better IA especially in blue flag situation and first lap out of the box during qualify or free practice (they should give you space to pass them)
Better IA for safety car (too fast, it takes ages to get the que)
3 more accurate reliability (often Mercedes and Ferrari blow engines while minus team always finishes the races) More info about the matter of the retire (gearbox, engine etc)
4 Telemetry for God sake!
5 it would be nice to have a better stats system (kind of AC)
6 Better damage system, finally that fu**ed rear wing come off and more damage on the chassis, and more punctures when Cars pass on debris
7 I'd like (like football manager) to be present in the press conferences, replying journalist and TV answers, in this way you could really add some spice on the rivalry.

Well I know, it will never happend!

“The inclusion of a player-managed Energy Recovery System (ERS) has been added to vehicle physics for F1 2018 as we always strive to give as authentic [a] recreation of the sport as possible,” said game director Lee Mather.

“Augmenting the powerful internal combustion engine, the player will have multiple deployment modes to choose from.

“The inclusion of the ERS will not only give the player an even more authentic Formula 1 experience but will serve to create even more varied and exciting races”.

First version to properly implement ERS.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-2018-video-game-leclerc-monaco-onboard-1041058/

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.0%