F1 2018 F1 2018 Game Release Date Announced - Plus More Classic Content!

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Release Date.jpg

Codemasters confirm late August release date for F1 2018 - plus some new fan requested content..

With the new Formula One season now well into the swing of things, Codemasters have decided the time feels right to give a first official announcement around the next official Formula One game from the British studio, confirming F1 2018 will be released worldwide on Xbox, PlayStation 4 and PC this August 24th.

Furthermore, Codemasters inform us that they have been listening to fans more than ever before for this upcoming new game, building on the very solid title that was F1 2017 with what has been described as a "further enhanced" career mode following the welcome return to this feature in F1 2017, plus yet more classic content scheduled to appear in the new title. Which cars are expected to be included has yet to be revealed, however Codemasters have said they are listening to the fans, and have acted accordingly with the design decisions taken for the new title:

"Over the past few years we have engaged heavily with our fan-base to understand what is important to them, and we cannot wait to unveil more details on features we know our fans will love. Career mode has been further expanded to immerse players even deeper into the world of F1 than before, with the return of a highly requested feature back into the franchise. We are also adding more classic cars, again listening to our fans as to which of the historical F1 cars they would most like to virtually drive next. Outside of those headline additions there are many other great enhancements to be revealed before the game launches.”

Get that hype train rolling, head over to the F1 2018 sub forum HERE.

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to F1 2018? What would you like to see included in the new title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Most fan requested content: dedicated servers!

This is a good one. I had completely forgotten about it because in our little niche corner of racing why would we race F1 cars multiplayers on a codies product when AC and iRacing to it so much better. The only thing Codies have going for them are the single player experience for me as a player of all the sims.

That said it's a perfectly reasonable request and it's mind boggling how not only Codies but many major dev houses ignore it these days.

Looking forward to this title. F1 2017 was the best one of the series yet. The AI are great compared to previous years. If they could improve the setup variable that would be great.

Also, am I supposed to feel inadequate because I don't race with VR?....lol

Guess I'll never get one.
And, surprisingly, not cause I don't like it (who wouldn't, right?:)) but for one ...quite trivial reason.
I like to play with T-cam view. :coffee:

Well if I played one of the F1 games on a monitor I'd probably play with the T-cam view.

I'd probably play with the T-cam view beacuse the cockpit view when using a monitor would restrict my view.

But the cockpit view in VR ... that's another matter altogether.

But you have to experience it to get it.

Add an option to make the halo transparent, otherwise it won't be playable

That's why they need VR. In VR, the halo is a non-issue. In fact, after driving with it for about 30 minutes, it felt strange when I tried it without the halo. Not sure why they don't pursue VR. Even small shop sim titles have VR. Codies has a much bigger budget.

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm genuinely doing some "thinking out loud" - how do you reconcile that all the statistics and game devs seem to be saying VR is a tiny fraction of the gaming public...but on the other hand, the RD F1 2018 announcement thread is like 3/4's "no VR no purchase"...it doesn't add up to me.

Either the game devs are looking at bad statistics or RD has an unusual number of VR owners (i.e. we're not a very representative slice of the overall gaming public).

For the record, I have VR and, all other things being equal, sure I'd like to see F1 2018 support it. But it's miles off from being a "make or break" feature for me - I still do the vast majority of my gaming (sims and otherwise) not in VR.

I think that's because they say "gaming public". Sure, for the gaming audience in general it's a small fraction. But when it comes to the genre of racing, it's a much larger percentage. And if you look at PC only, then it's even bigger. But I'd say Codies probably has a more console-centric audience.

Also, for me, I don't really play anything other than sims. After making the change to VR, and racing that way for months straight, I pretty much lost the ability to translate speed and depth in 2D. If I stuck with it, I'm sure it would come back, but... why? Racing in 3D is so much better, because of the realistic depth and speed perception. No translation needed, and you can see the track and hit your marks in a way that 2D just can't deliver. If I played other games, sure. But I only race. So there's no alternative to VR for me.

• Deleted member 205301

a lot of members are just saying they would not purchase the game without VR support ..why do you assume, a none realistic, arcade game would be acceptable to a VR user ???
cause they only talk about VR and not about the rest ;)
If they were talking about physics and system, I won't complain....(I hope you understand what I mean, my english is poor...)
@++

cause they only talk about VR and not about the rest ;)
Looking forward to F1 2018? What would you like to see included in the new title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Because the OP asked the question (see above) So me included said VR ..we would like VR support, its that simple :confused:....people have invested a lot of money in obtaining VR and playing the current crop of top racing sims that ALL support VR find it so immersive, that it becomes a deal breaker FOR THEM :) ..there is nothing wrong in that? its just there opinion :thumbsup:....if it does not support VR then there is no point in moving on to physics and system.

Eeeh no. Very wrong.
Sim(racing) and VR users overlap to the biggest extent. That's why every relevant Sim has VR implemented.
U missunderstanded me i think.
If u see codemasters they have to do a game for the massive public, if they wanted they could develop a great tyre model and realistic physics including ers/mguk/mguh management, but they have to do a GAME for the massive market.

IMO

All I know is this. I just upgraded to a wheel about 3 months ago. Been using a controller forEVER, and have never had a problem with it. :whistling:

There's no way I'm getting a VR, although it seems pretty cool. I've used VR in other ways, like the standard Oculus stuff on my cell phone, and it's pretty crappy how blurry it is. And anything in 3-D often looks off-centered so I'm just getting two images anyway. :cry:

So, no, VR isn't a deal breaker for me. What would be extra super cool, just for me, is PS3 support. :ninja:

In reality, though, I think going back to 1988 for the classic cars is a bit limiting. Tell me I'm wrong when it would be amazing to fly through Monaco in a Maserait 250F. And I really think it important to bring back some of the classic tracks. And I don't just mean places like Nordschleife or Zandvoort. Let's get really old like the Original Monza circuit with the banked track. The Indianapolis oval. Reims-Gueux. Pescara at 25km long!!

Either the game devs are looking at bad statistics or RD has an unusual number of VR owners (i.e. we're not a very representative slice of the overall gaming public).
I think it is the latter. Most people aren't as serious about the sim immersion experience as the lot here on RD. Others can't afford it or spend it on something else. Prices will have to drop I believe before VR makes a significant enough dent in the market share for it to be unthinkable for a developer to not have VR as a standard feature.

So what is the returning feature they are referring to? There was one year where you could race against classic cars from the same year, give or take.

If they are going to have classic cars which seems a given, then please allow some set-up. i found them to be very unpredictable and after awhile I passed over them.

Good to see so much VR adoption. It’s implemented so well in some racing games it’s a shame it’s not a standard for all new releases.

iRacings implementation is still the gold standard for me..

Really? Have you tried Assetto Corsa or PC2? iRacing isn't bad, but it's certainly not anywhere close to the most immersive experience IMHO. Honestly the only reason that I bother with iRacing is the competition, everything else is second tier.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.