F1 2018 F1 2018 Game Release Date Announced - Plus More Classic Content!

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Release Date.jpg

Codemasters confirm late August release date for F1 2018 - plus some new fan requested content..

With the new Formula One season now well into the swing of things, Codemasters have decided the time feels right to give a first official announcement around the next official Formula One game from the British studio, confirming F1 2018 will be released worldwide on Xbox, PlayStation 4 and PC this August 24th.

Furthermore, Codemasters inform us that they have been listening to fans more than ever before for this upcoming new game, building on the very solid title that was F1 2017 with what has been described as a "further enhanced" career mode following the welcome return to this feature in F1 2017, plus yet more classic content scheduled to appear in the new title. Which cars are expected to be included has yet to be revealed, however Codemasters have said they are listening to the fans, and have acted accordingly with the design decisions taken for the new title:

"Over the past few years we have engaged heavily with our fan-base to understand what is important to them, and we cannot wait to unveil more details on features we know our fans will love. Career mode has been further expanded to immerse players even deeper into the world of F1 than before, with the return of a highly requested feature back into the franchise. We are also adding more classic cars, again listening to our fans as to which of the historical F1 cars they would most like to virtually drive next. Outside of those headline additions there are many other great enhancements to be revealed before the game launches.”

Get that hype train rolling, head over to the F1 2018 sub forum HERE.

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to F1 2018? What would you like to see included in the new title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Right that's it. If this title has VR I am not buying it. I strongly suggest the developers stop listening to the 0.009% of race simmers that use VR. Take no notice of them, they are insignificant. They are but a pimple on the worlds bum. Ignore them. They are a niche segment in an already very small niche segment of a niche hobby.:cool:

Just like all the other codemasters F1 games.

I guarantee the following:
Poor wheel support
Canned audio
Suspect physics
No decent multi monitor
Absolutely no VR for PC users.

Cracking single player experience
Excellent Xbox and PS4 controller suport.

Will I buy probably, I have enjoyed the others with a controller.

I know a lot of people see VR as a gimmick, but with the ability to see around you and determine distance and speed, VR has broken me, and it's almost impossible for me to play on my 27" monitor without it.

The same way that Force Feedback Wheels have made playing with a pad difficult for me.
I will admit that I am quite spoiled by VR. But VR in an official F1 game would be a dream come true! Especially with the Halo... I can't even imagine how they will work around that.

More VR availability = more incentive to buy it.
More customers = more profit which = lower price.
And lower price typically means that the market becomes much wider and practical.

Unless VR somehow dies, it will probably become far more practical and leave the stage of "gimmick-ness" and be a much more mainstream implement.

Right that's it. If this title has VR I am not buying it. I strongly suggest the developers stop listening to the 0.009% of race simmers that use VR. Take no notice of them, they are insignificant. They are but a pimple on the worlds bum. Ignore them. They are a niche segment in an already very small niche segment of a niche hobby.:cool:

It's said that there are 160 Million active VR users in 2018. And even if only 10% are HMD (Rift, Vive, PSVR) Users, that's still a bigger community than Most, if not all racing games.

Not in VR!

One of the reasons I couldn't wait for the RSS Formula Hybrid mod was to drive with the halo, to see what all the fuss was about. 5 seconds after I started driving the first time I forgot it was even there. I'm sure they will have a transparent option though.
Even though I would like to see it there would probably be issues with licences due to teams having sponsors on it.

My triple monitors will work just fine bring it, I had had the early VR called track iR sorry can't ware that thing of nowaday on my face at least not for more than a minute without sweating ,...... just bring it I am ready.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 428 39.7%