F1 2018 F1 2018 Game Release Date Announced - Plus More Classic Content!

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Release Date.jpg

Codemasters confirm late August release date for F1 2018 - plus some new fan requested content..

With the new Formula One season now well into the swing of things, Codemasters have decided the time feels right to give a first official announcement around the next official Formula One game from the British studio, confirming F1 2018 will be released worldwide on Xbox, PlayStation 4 and PC this August 24th.

Furthermore, Codemasters inform us that they have been listening to fans more than ever before for this upcoming new game, building on the very solid title that was F1 2017 with what has been described as a "further enhanced" career mode following the welcome return to this feature in F1 2017, plus yet more classic content scheduled to appear in the new title. Which cars are expected to be included has yet to be revealed, however Codemasters have said they are listening to the fans, and have acted accordingly with the design decisions taken for the new title:

"Over the past few years we have engaged heavily with our fan-base to understand what is important to them, and we cannot wait to unveil more details on features we know our fans will love. Career mode has been further expanded to immerse players even deeper into the world of F1 than before, with the return of a highly requested feature back into the franchise. We are also adding more classic cars, again listening to our fans as to which of the historical F1 cars they would most like to virtually drive next. Outside of those headline additions there are many other great enhancements to be revealed before the game launches.”

Get that hype train rolling, head over to the F1 2018 sub forum HERE.

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to F1 2018? What would you like to see included in the new title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I’m not a VR guy but I totally get why you guys want it. Besides, every other racing game has it nowadays and it would be odd not to include it.

I’m just hoping they flesh out the career mode with actual improvements rather than gimmicks, and make it moddable.

Defo looking forward to this one (minus the flip flop-o-vision).

For me the huge part of the frustration was the fact that they did VR so well in Dirt Rally, then said, **** it! And didn't do VR for Dirt 4 or F1 2017.

For me I can't go back to flat panelling it.

Last edited:
Good to see so much VR adoption. It’s implemented so well in some racing games it’s a shame it’s not a standard for all new releases.

iRacings implementation is still the gold standard for me..

The feature that I would really love to see - add GP2 and maybe even GP3! That to me would be the more compelling driver career mode rather than the tech tree thing they've got going now. The tech tree is cool and adds a fun game within a game, but for me I'd rather be trying to work my way up the ladder from the feeder series.

VR will be useless unless they fix that stupid input lag. That would make it awesome.
I do not realize how people get used to turn in to corners whith such a huge gap between you turning the wheel and the car actually turning. VR would make no sense witout fixing the input lag. Actually I think that is one of the reasons for not implementing VR. It would be unplayable in my opinion.

Looking forward to this one. Codies have been working hard at the series in recent years and things are moving in the right direction. Always a difficult path to tread when trying to balance simulation aspects with mass appeal, but things seem to be going in a good direction.

Saying that, would still love to see a 100% simulation title one day. One can dream... :)

Codies GOTTA work hard after the mistakes they made with 2015/16 games of the franchise.
The games have been made better and they must convince people to buy the franchise.
I don't have VR... YET!!! but im gonna save up the money to get me the Oculus bundle....

I forgot to mention one of the most important things in codemasters f1 games.
The input lag, i dont know why they cant get rid of it, lets see if in f1 2018 they finally do it because the massive input lag makes me angry.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%