F1 2018 F1 2018 Game Release Date Announced - Plus More Classic Content!

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 Release Date.jpg

Codemasters confirm late August release date for F1 2018 - plus some new fan requested content..

With the new Formula One season now well into the swing of things, Codemasters have decided the time feels right to give a first official announcement around the next official Formula One game from the British studio, confirming F1 2018 will be released worldwide on Xbox, PlayStation 4 and PC this August 24th.

Furthermore, Codemasters inform us that they have been listening to fans more than ever before for this upcoming new game, building on the very solid title that was F1 2017 with what has been described as a "further enhanced" career mode following the welcome return to this feature in F1 2017, plus yet more classic content scheduled to appear in the new title. Which cars are expected to be included has yet to be revealed, however Codemasters have said they are listening to the fans, and have acted accordingly with the design decisions taken for the new title:

"Over the past few years we have engaged heavily with our fan-base to understand what is important to them, and we cannot wait to unveil more details on features we know our fans will love. Career mode has been further expanded to immerse players even deeper into the world of F1 than before, with the return of a highly requested feature back into the franchise. We are also adding more classic cars, again listening to our fans as to which of the historical F1 cars they would most like to virtually drive next. Outside of those headline additions there are many other great enhancements to be revealed before the game launches.”

Get that hype train rolling, head over to the F1 2018 sub forum HERE.

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to F1 2018? What would you like to see included in the new title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
VR would be nice (altough I don't even own one), but I am glad they are expending the classic cars, I hope they keep the current ones and build upon it.

I play with a controller, so it would be nice if they would let us configure speed sensitivity ! please pretty please !!!

I would love for them to move to UE4.

I always think I won’t buy the F1 games as not pure sims.... I always end up buying them a few days before release.... then abandon them after a few weeks and go back to AC / PC2 / iR

This time it really will be no buy without VR as that’s all I use

iRacing is gold standard implementation for VR - the only racing game without flickering (assuming you have a PC which can run all the relevant filtering)

Come on codies - get your engine working with VR and eliminate the input lag!!!

What I would like to see is:
1. Formula 2 cars and other support series
2. New classic cars (Brawn, Jordan 191, Mercedes W05)
3. Classic tracks (Brands Hatch, Zandvoort)
4. The ability to drive the safety and medical cars, maybe even allowing a host to set a safetycar driver in the lobby settings to give leagues the ability to deploy the safety car themselves without the game deciding itself.

They should add classic cars of former teams, as atm only 6 of the 10 active teams have cars older than 20 years. And everybody still knows teams like Lotus and Brabham. Also I would like to see cars older than the 1988 MP4/4.

For Classic Content I would like to see cars from 1950 till the 1980s, the Mercedes cars from the early days in the 1950s before the 1955 Le Mans Disaster when they pulled out of racing, the 1960s having the Lotus 18 to 49, the cars from the 1970s for example Tyrrell P34 and the Hunt and Lauda cars there but also cars from the 1980s like the 1500bhp Brabham BT55 and also having the MP4/4 those are the cars thats what I would love to see in the game

Gonna jump on the VR demand train as well. And as I've said before, please PLEASE let us skip the career cutscenes, I like'em but oh boy do they get old.

Though I actually caved on 2017 recently and picked it up dirt(hah) cheap. VR for me in this title will be a question of do I buy it for 50-60€, or 5€.

Most fan requested content: dedicated servers!

For the rest I really hope the game will not be another rehash as we have seen in previous years. Formula 1 is evolving and renewing under the reigns of Liberty Media and the game shouldn't be an exception. I hope it can live up to the big expectations.

Basically everyone who has a VR headset wants VR implementation, we know they have the know how so I wonder what would stop them. Insta buy with VR probably even a pre order. We really should spam the hell out of official forums.

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm genuinely doing some "thinking out loud" - how do you reconcile that all the statistics and game devs seem to be saying VR is a tiny fraction of the gaming public...but on the other hand, the RD F1 2018 announcement thread is like 3/4's "no VR no purchase"...it doesn't add up to me.

Either the game devs are looking at bad statistics or RD has an unusual number of VR owners (i.e. we're not a very representative slice of the overall gaming public).

For the record, I have VR and, all other things being equal, sure I'd like to see F1 2018 support it. But it's miles off from being a "make or break" feature for me - I still do the vast majority of my gaming (sims and otherwise) not in VR.

Its because these people have something to say...same with all the hate on Facebook for example...if you are cool with the way something is you dont comment...
On the other hand all the people with VR of course want it and they make some noise, but I dont think enough people own it for Codemasters to develop a completely new part of the game, a game, which is for the mass and just needs some licenses from an official sport.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%