RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 | New 1.13 Update and GOTY Edition Now Available

MrBraindown

Premium
I'm really tempted to get this, but is it super-gut churning in VR? I do suffer from minor motion sickness but race all the time in VR on AC with no real probs, as long as I have a fan going.

I imagine this is a whole different kettle of fish though? I suppose I can get it and always refund the hell out of it if I'm puking up buckets worth.

Andrew_WOT

Premium
I'm really tempted to get this, but is it super-gut churning in VR? I do suffer from minor motion sickness but race all the time in VR on AC with no real probs, as long as I have a fan going.

I imagine this is a whole different kettle of fish though? I suppose I can get it and always refund the hell out of it if I'm puking up buckets worth.
The view in VR is much more stabilized than flat screen, and better than DR1. Similar to lock to horizon in AC.
I actually got dizzy playing flat screen after VR.

I put this title down after season 1 and felt like the FFB and subsequent VR performance wasn't that great. I don't know what's changed, but wow! It runs really smooth now even with all the goodies turned up and the ffb feels pretty solid.

I'm gonna be spending a lot more time in this title. So much fun.

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
I put this title down after season 1 and felt like the FFB and subsequent VR performance wasn't that great.

I don't have VR, but I had the same feeling. It just didn't feel good or anything.
Jumped in between S3 and 4, it felt like there had been a massive change!

Andrew_WOT

Premium
did they fix the white balance issue in VR or whatever its called? on some tracks everything is way too bright.
Not really, still bad on some stages. It's auto exposure issue, they sample the wrong area, if you look down it all gets normal. Dialing down brightness help but to limit.

Thinking of buying this in the Steam sale can somebody tell will I get the same performance in VR with my Oculus headset with the Steam version or is VR performance with an Oculus headset better on the Oculus Store version ?
I remember something about this when it eventually came out in VR.

Last edited:
Thinking of buying this in the Steam sale can somebody tell will I get the same performance in VR with my Oculus headset with the Steam version or is VR performance with an Oculus headset better on the Oculus Store version ?
I remember something about this when it eventually came out in VR.
The steam version also has the ability of starting the game in oculus vr mode. I guess the performance should be the same as the one bought in the oculus store.

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
I've just bought the Super Deluxe edition at hrkgame for some 15 euros. It's essentially the same, when i activated the key, steam said it's the goty edition. I'd say hrk is pretty safe.

Super Deluxe is the same as the "new" goty.
Other than that, grey market re-sellers are not something I would advice at all. Regardless if you do get a working key or not.

I've just bought the Super Deluxe edition at (...) for some 15 euros. It's essentially the same, when i activated the key, steam said it's the goty edition. I'd say (...) is pretty safe.
(...) is 100% grey market. Whether you find it safe or not, it's best to not mention grey market too much and generally discuss it, people tend to have very strong feelings over it and it rarely ends well.

Last edited:
if you feel notes are wrong, change the timing, sooner or later, can't remember which, but made it much better...I think I had him give them to me a bit earlier.

Did they fix the automatic wipers?

Is the performance in VR any good? I was very disappointed with the performance of Dirt Rally 1 in VR. I had to turn down many things to keep the 80 fps, and it looked then like a Playstation game. I hope this Dirt Rally 2 is better in this sense. I downloaded it some months ago but I wasn't able to run it with my Oculus Rift S (headset not found).

I'd really like to know this before downloading it again, because 100 gb is just ridiculous.