DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 | New 1.13 Update and GOTY Edition Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have dropped the new 'Game of the Year' edition of DiRT Rally 2.0, alongside updating both the vanilla release and Oculus VR editions of the software.

Yes, VR fans can now rejoice in the glory of a full updated and content rich version of DiRT Rally at long last! The Oculus Store version of the game now comes complete will all the content and patches associated with the main version of DR2.0...

As well as a major Oculus update, players of the standard version of the title also enjoy a little update as the game reaches build version 1.13 - adding a few minor fixes as well as some small scale tweaks to the sim.

On a larger note, the new Colin McRae 'Flat Out' DLC has been made available as either a standalone purchase (or free with season pack ownership), as well as the new and fully content complete Game of the Year retail release - available for both Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Check out the update notes and new trailer below:

V1.13 Update Notes

Content (as part of Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack):

• New Game Mode: Colin McRae Scenarios
  • New Location: Perth and Kinross, Scotland
  • New Car: SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally
  • New Car: SUBARU Legacy RS
  • New Livery: Peugeot 205 GTI – Colin McRae (1988)
  • New Livery: MG Metro 6R4 – Colin McRae (2003)
Content:
  • New Livery: Ford Focus RS Rally 2001 – Valvoline (Fictional)
    Note: Free to all players who have access to the car.
Achievements:
  • New Achievement: Building a Legacy – Roll the SUBARU Legacy RS 3 times on a single stage in Finland, and finish.
  • New Achievement: If in Doubt… – Complete every Scenario on any difficulty.
  • New Achievement: …Flatout – Complete every Scenario on Very Hard difficulty.
  • New Achievement: In its Element – Complete the 1995 Wales Scenario in Colin McRae’s SUBARU Impreza 1995.
  • New Achievement: Pedal to the Metal – Set a time of 7 minutes or faster on Newhouse Bridge, in the SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally
  • When in Doubt… – Adjusted French language translation.
Cars:
  • Resolved issue where cars would appear with missing or misplaced body panels.
  • Rebalanced engine audio mix for all cars.
  • ŠKODA Fabia Rally – Updated engine audio.
  • Citroën C4 Rally – Updated engine audio.
  • MINI Cooper SX1 – Resolved issue where rev lights appeared blurred.
Locations:
  • Powys, Wales – Increased volume of pre-Stage co-driver callouts.
UI/UX:
  • Added Colin McRae Scenarios tab to the main menu.
  • Resolved issue where a number of Terminal Damages incurred was not displaying correctly in My Team.
  • Resolved issue where Service Area penalty times were not displaying on results screen in Custom Championship Events.
  • Resolved issue where Class Leader’s position on progress bar would freeze during Custom Online Events.
  • Added marker to show when a player has set invalid laps in Time Trial (Rallycross).
Clubs:
  • Added support for Perth and Kinross, Scotland as a selectable Location.
Trial Version:
  • Added ability for Trial players to view in-game announcements.
Miscellaneous:
  • Resolved issue where car damage would not be carried over to Service Area after a player abandons a Rallycross race.
  • Resolved issue where players would lose access to timed-exclusive liveries when declining End User License Agreement, after resetting save data.
  • Resolved issue where the transition from VM to VR would appear blurred.
  • Made various improvements to co-driver callouts in multiple languages.
  • Made several minor bug-fixes throughout the title.
  • Made several minor stability improvements throughout the title.
Content (Oculus version only):
  • New Game Mode: Colin McRae Scenarios
  • New Location: Perth and Kinross, Scotland
  • New Location: Bikernieki, Latvia
  • New Location: Värmland, Sweden
  • New Location: Monte Carlo, Monaco
  • New Location: Powys, Wales
  • New Location: Argolis, Greece
  • New Location: Baumholder, Germany
  • New Location: Jämsä, Finland
  • New Location: Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi
  • New Location: Killarney International Raceway, South Africa
  • New Location: Lydden Hill, UK
  • New Location: Estering, Germany
  • New Car: Audi S1 EKS RX Quattro *
  • New Car: BMW M1 Procar Rally
  • New Car: Citroën C4 Rally
  • New Car: Ford Focus RS Rally 2001
  • New Car: Ford Focus RS Rally 2007
  • New Car: Ford RS200 Evolution
  • New Car: Ford Fiesta Rallycross (MK8) *
  • New Car: Ford Fiesta RXS Evo 5 *
  • New Car: Ford Fiesta Rallycross (STARD) *
  • New Car: Lancia 037 Evo 2
  • New Car: Lancia Delta S4 Rallycross
  • New Car: MINI Cooper SX1 *
  • New Car: MG Metro 6R4 Rallycross
  • New Car: Opel Manta 400
  • New Car: Peugeot 205 T16 Rallycross
  • New Car: Peugeot 206 Rally
  • New Car: Peugeot 306 Maxi
  • New Car: Peugeot 208 WRX *
  • New Car: Porsche 911 SC RS
  • New Car: Renault Clio R.S. RX *
  • New Car: Renault Megane R.S. RX *
  • New Car: Seat Ibiza RX *
  • New Car: Seat Ibiza Kit Car
  • New Car: ŠKODA Fabia Rally
  • New Car: SUBARU Impreza (2001)
  • New Car: SUBARU Impreza (2008)
  • New Car: SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally
  • New Car: SUBARU Legacy RS
  • New Car: Volkswagen Golf Kitcar
  • New Livery: Ford Focus RS Rally 2001 – Valvoline (Fictional)
  • New Livery: Peugeot 205 GTI – Colin McRae (1988)
  • New Livery: MG Metro 6R4 – Colin McRae (2003)
  • New Liveries: Added custom liveries (around 60 in total) to almost all base-game cars. **

If you want to know more about the pack and how you can access it, Codemasters have released the below rather useful FAQ:

When can I get the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • Physical versions (Xbox One and PlayStation 4 only) release on March 27.
  • Digital versions (all platforms) release on March 24.
Can I pre-order the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • If you don’t have DiRT Rally 2.0 at all, the DiRT Rally 2.0 Super Deluxe Edition (available now) will contain all of the content listed above.
  • If you have the DiRT Rally 2.0 Standard Edition (also known as the Day One Edition), the Year One Pass will give you the remaining content not included in the Base Game.
I bought the DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition, what do I need to have all the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition content?
  • The Deluxe Edition contains Season 1 and 2. If you purchase the Season 3 and 4 bundle, you’ll have everything.
  • You will already have access to the Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack even if you don’t purchase Seasons 3 and 4.
I have the DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Content Upgrade (Seasons 1 and 2), what do I need to have all the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition content?
  • If you purchase the Season 3 and 4 bundle, you’ll have everything.
  • You will already have access to the Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack even if you don’t purchase Seasons 1 and 2.
I have the DiRT Rally 2.0 Super Deluxe Edition, does that mean I’ll have DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition content?
  • Yes.
I have the DiRT Rally 2.0 Year One Pass, does that mean I have all of the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition content?
  • Yes.
I have all 4 Seasons of DiRT Rally 2.0, does that mean I already have the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • Yes.
    The Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack will unlock for you on March 24.
I have DiRT Rally 2.0 on Oculus, do I need to do anything to get the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • No.
    When your game updates on March 24 you’ll get everything.
I bought DiRT Rally 2.0 DLC content (individual cars and locations) but did not buy a Season bundle, do I need to do anything to get the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • The DiRT Rally 2.0 Year One Pass will give you everything.
I have DiRT Rally 2.0 on Xbox Game Pass, do I need to do anything to get the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • The DiRT Rally 2.0 Year One Pass will give you everything.
Are the timed-exclusive (Festive & Solberg Challenge) liveries available in DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • The liveries for these cars will be unlocked for all players later this year.
Can I buy the Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack individually?
  • Yes. (Price £7.99 / €9.99 / $9.99)
Can I buy the Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack content pieces individually?
  • All contents from the Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack come as a complete package and cannot be bought individually.

Original Source: Codemasters

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got questions? Post them in the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum and let the community help you out!

DR 2 Update and GOTY Edition.jpg

You will not get Toyota and Hyundai as they are WRC teams and will be not allowed to do that, Ford are only allowing old models, amazed the R5 and R2 are in there actually.

For me the new stages are good, very fast and mixed unlike most of the new DR2 locations which are either slow or fast with very little variety in a lot of them, Argentina is just an endless series of hairpins with very few fast sections (nothing like the real rally) and New Zealand is one great stages and one awful hairpinny Argentina one.

Legacy feels fantastic, great handling car, WRC car is nothing flash but what would I expect, the physics are probably all he same and based on the 95 car anyway, another cheap ish update from Codies, but the stages are very good.

One question, why is nearly every sodding RX events in HEavy Rain? Do these wazarks ever actually watch any rallycross? It doesn't rain that often.

So that's it for Dirt Rally 2.0, at least as far as content is concerned. So far I had a lot of fun with this game but I also feel many unfulfilled hopes.

Very early on it was clear to me that the stages from DR1 would return, however I didn't expect them to be the highlight of a whole of two season passes. Codemasters' DLC policy will always damage the reputation of this title. I know that some things are apparently currently not possible for the team, especially licensing more than one Group R WRC car. Nevertheless, Codemasters chose the laziest (and probably cheapest) way when selecting the DLC content. I mean, Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo (a game by shovelware developer Milestone!) had a Group S DLC that included incredible cars like the Lancia ECV, Toyota 222D or the Peugeot Quasar. I'm pretty sure nobody could hinder Codemasters from making use of cars that never raced.

Last edited:
What do you mean by "offline mode" ?
Obviously to be able to play career without having to be connected to the bloody internet. If they want to avoid piracy they have to find another way. There are developers out there who make mostly simulators, and their products haven't been cracked yet and will probably never will be. I don't care about the cost, just let me play career offline.

I too feel this was a largely missed opportunity to be honest

A lot of good things, but the same poor traits left over from DR1, deliberately wrong notes, stupid obstructions that are there to make you crash rather than being real, finish boards made of rock, piles of gravel that take a tyre off, puncture once after hitting one yet sometimes rub the fence 4 times and not get one, just silly inconsistencies.

Plus I also feel Codies ahev tried to make this game harder than it needs to be, it is already difficult. But we have to ruin Monte Carlo b making it basically an ice rink where the only way you can push is really bty practising every stage to know where the ice patches are, whereas in DR1 it was at least fun and you could use racing tyres, now you have to use snow on every stage, the lighting is abysmal, deliberately to make it hard to see, the wipers are awful, the rain drops on the screen are the size of snow flakes rather than rain, the notes need work (although for the most part are excellent), the new locations are poor in my view layout wise, NZ and Argentina are utterly boring, offer endless hairpins and slow stages, not what anyone wants surely, and also nothing like the real rallies which offer fast and slow stages.

Good stuff, the cars are pretty decent now, the flaws in many ways of DR1 have been rectified handling wise, in all ways including WRX. And it is still a huge challenge and sometimes still fun to play, especially when you are really pushing it and getting away with murder on fast stages.

But, they will be judged on their abysmal DLC model, one that everyone pretty much as crucified from punters to youtubers. it sucks, releasing old content as DLC is borderline criminal in my view.

And as players we should hold thme to account and demand changes,

The free GOTY upgrade for the Oculus Store version was a fantastic & unexpected gesture.
Bravo!!!
Codemaster had to learn some hard lessons.
No VR, no native Oculus on Steam, no DLC on Oculus.
Different FFB, DLC fest, rehash, etc.

You know most of the angry people are those who paid full price for the deluxe version, maybe they’ll learn not to pamper publishers with easy money.

Codemaster games have a clear lifecycle, with a little patience you save a lot of money and frustrations.

Right now DR2 is refined, feature filled and has great VR support. You can buy the GOTY edition now, or wait a couple of months and get the same for 50% or less - which is a steal.

I am not unhappy with Dirt Rally 2, in the end Codemasters delivered a very good game. They’ve offered the Flat Out DLC in such a way that it is difficult NOT to get it for free, which is a way of apologizing.

OTOH there is a clear warning here that gamers do not like to be milked for every penny, even if the current business model has been emphasizing dlc sales (...lets not even discuss games as services).

We are heading into a recession that’s worse than 2008, with many people losing their jobs and although games are a relatively cheap way to entertain yourself (though the rigs to run the more demanding titles are not) they are still lower on the must have ladder like food, rent, kids, school etc.

Get your act together or people will look elsewhere for their entertainment, or at best wait until they can buy your games at high discount.

As a saying goes in my country “you cannot pluck feathers from a naked chicken”.

Last edited:
Argentina is just an endless series of hairpins with very few fast sections (nothing like the real rally)

It's the way that particular stage is IRL so the "nothing like the real rally" remark is moot. The problem lies in that the real rallies use many different unique stages around the regions while they chose to model one stage for each country in DR1/2 and that obviously means less variety.

deliberately wrong notes

There are bad notes in there but to say it's deliberate is just delusional.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 44 9.9%
  • €3001-5000