DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 | New 1.13 Update and GOTY Edition Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have dropped the new 'Game of the Year' edition of DiRT Rally 2.0, alongside updating both the vanilla release and Oculus VR editions of the software.

Yes, VR fans can now rejoice in the glory of a full updated and content rich version of DiRT Rally at long last! The Oculus Store version of the game now comes complete will all the content and patches associated with the main version of DR2.0...

As well as a major Oculus update, players of the standard version of the title also enjoy a little update as the game reaches build version 1.13 - adding a few minor fixes as well as some small scale tweaks to the sim.

On a larger note, the new Colin McRae 'Flat Out' DLC has been made available as either a standalone purchase (or free with season pack ownership), as well as the new and fully content complete Game of the Year retail release - available for both Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Check out the update notes and new trailer below:

V1.13 Update Notes

Content (as part of Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack):

• New Game Mode: Colin McRae Scenarios
  • New Location: Perth and Kinross, Scotland
  • New Car: SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally
  • New Car: SUBARU Legacy RS
  • New Livery: Peugeot 205 GTI – Colin McRae (1988)
  • New Livery: MG Metro 6R4 – Colin McRae (2003)
Content:
  • New Livery: Ford Focus RS Rally 2001 – Valvoline (Fictional)
    Note: Free to all players who have access to the car.
Achievements:
  • New Achievement: Building a Legacy – Roll the SUBARU Legacy RS 3 times on a single stage in Finland, and finish.
  • New Achievement: If in Doubt… – Complete every Scenario on any difficulty.
  • New Achievement: …Flatout – Complete every Scenario on Very Hard difficulty.
  • New Achievement: In its Element – Complete the 1995 Wales Scenario in Colin McRae’s SUBARU Impreza 1995.
  • New Achievement: Pedal to the Metal – Set a time of 7 minutes or faster on Newhouse Bridge, in the SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally
  • When in Doubt… – Adjusted French language translation.
Cars:
  • Resolved issue where cars would appear with missing or misplaced body panels.
  • Rebalanced engine audio mix for all cars.
  • ŠKODA Fabia Rally – Updated engine audio.
  • Citroën C4 Rally – Updated engine audio.
  • MINI Cooper SX1 – Resolved issue where rev lights appeared blurred.
Locations:
  • Powys, Wales – Increased volume of pre-Stage co-driver callouts.
UI/UX:
  • Added Colin McRae Scenarios tab to the main menu.
  • Resolved issue where a number of Terminal Damages incurred was not displaying correctly in My Team.
  • Resolved issue where Service Area penalty times were not displaying on results screen in Custom Championship Events.
  • Resolved issue where Class Leader’s position on progress bar would freeze during Custom Online Events.
  • Added marker to show when a player has set invalid laps in Time Trial (Rallycross).
Clubs:
  • Added support for Perth and Kinross, Scotland as a selectable Location.
Trial Version:
  • Added ability for Trial players to view in-game announcements.
Miscellaneous:
  • Resolved issue where car damage would not be carried over to Service Area after a player abandons a Rallycross race.
  • Resolved issue where players would lose access to timed-exclusive liveries when declining End User License Agreement, after resetting save data.
  • Resolved issue where the transition from VM to VR would appear blurred.
  • Made various improvements to co-driver callouts in multiple languages.
  • Made several minor bug-fixes throughout the title.
  • Made several minor stability improvements throughout the title.
Content (Oculus version only):
  • New Game Mode: Colin McRae Scenarios
  • New Location: Perth and Kinross, Scotland
  • New Location: Bikernieki, Latvia
  • New Location: Värmland, Sweden
  • New Location: Monte Carlo, Monaco
  • New Location: Powys, Wales
  • New Location: Argolis, Greece
  • New Location: Baumholder, Germany
  • New Location: Jämsä, Finland
  • New Location: Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi
  • New Location: Killarney International Raceway, South Africa
  • New Location: Lydden Hill, UK
  • New Location: Estering, Germany
  • New Car: Audi S1 EKS RX Quattro *
  • New Car: BMW M1 Procar Rally
  • New Car: Citroën C4 Rally
  • New Car: Ford Focus RS Rally 2001
  • New Car: Ford Focus RS Rally 2007
  • New Car: Ford RS200 Evolution
  • New Car: Ford Fiesta Rallycross (MK8) *
  • New Car: Ford Fiesta RXS Evo 5 *
  • New Car: Ford Fiesta Rallycross (STARD) *
  • New Car: Lancia 037 Evo 2
  • New Car: Lancia Delta S4 Rallycross
  • New Car: MINI Cooper SX1 *
  • New Car: MG Metro 6R4 Rallycross
  • New Car: Opel Manta 400
  • New Car: Peugeot 205 T16 Rallycross
  • New Car: Peugeot 206 Rally
  • New Car: Peugeot 306 Maxi
  • New Car: Peugeot 208 WRX *
  • New Car: Porsche 911 SC RS
  • New Car: Renault Clio R.S. RX *
  • New Car: Renault Megane R.S. RX *
  • New Car: Seat Ibiza RX *
  • New Car: Seat Ibiza Kit Car
  • New Car: ŠKODA Fabia Rally
  • New Car: SUBARU Impreza (2001)
  • New Car: SUBARU Impreza (2008)
  • New Car: SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally
  • New Car: SUBARU Legacy RS
  • New Car: Volkswagen Golf Kitcar
  • New Livery: Ford Focus RS Rally 2001 – Valvoline (Fictional)
  • New Livery: Peugeot 205 GTI – Colin McRae (1988)
  • New Livery: MG Metro 6R4 – Colin McRae (2003)
  • New Liveries: Added custom liveries (around 60 in total) to almost all base-game cars. **

If you want to know more about the pack and how you can access it, Codemasters have released the below rather useful FAQ:

When can I get the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • Physical versions (Xbox One and PlayStation 4 only) release on March 27.
  • Digital versions (all platforms) release on March 24.
Can I pre-order the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • If you don’t have DiRT Rally 2.0 at all, the DiRT Rally 2.0 Super Deluxe Edition (available now) will contain all of the content listed above.
  • If you have the DiRT Rally 2.0 Standard Edition (also known as the Day One Edition), the Year One Pass will give you the remaining content not included in the Base Game.
I bought the DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition, what do I need to have all the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition content?
  • The Deluxe Edition contains Season 1 and 2. If you purchase the Season 3 and 4 bundle, you’ll have everything.
  • You will already have access to the Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack even if you don’t purchase Seasons 3 and 4.
I have the DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Content Upgrade (Seasons 1 and 2), what do I need to have all the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition content?
  • If you purchase the Season 3 and 4 bundle, you’ll have everything.
  • You will already have access to the Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack even if you don’t purchase Seasons 1 and 2.
I have the DiRT Rally 2.0 Super Deluxe Edition, does that mean I’ll have DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition content?
  • Yes.
I have the DiRT Rally 2.0 Year One Pass, does that mean I have all of the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition content?
  • Yes.
I have all 4 Seasons of DiRT Rally 2.0, does that mean I already have the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • Yes.
    The Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack will unlock for you on March 24.
I have DiRT Rally 2.0 on Oculus, do I need to do anything to get the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • No.
    When your game updates on March 24 you’ll get everything.
I bought DiRT Rally 2.0 DLC content (individual cars and locations) but did not buy a Season bundle, do I need to do anything to get the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • The DiRT Rally 2.0 Year One Pass will give you everything.
I have DiRT Rally 2.0 on Xbox Game Pass, do I need to do anything to get the DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • The DiRT Rally 2.0 Year One Pass will give you everything.
Are the timed-exclusive (Festive & Solberg Challenge) liveries available in DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition?
  • The liveries for these cars will be unlocked for all players later this year.
Can I buy the Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack individually?
  • Yes. (Price £7.99 / €9.99 / $9.99)
Can I buy the Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack content pieces individually?
  • All contents from the Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack come as a complete package and cannot be bought individually.

Original Source: Codemasters

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got questions? Post them in the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum and let the community help you out!

DR 2 Update and GOTY Edition.jpg

I'm really tempted to get this, but is it super-gut churning in VR? I do suffer from minor motion sickness but race all the time in VR on AC with no real probs, as long as I have a fan going.

I imagine this is a whole different kettle of fish though? I suppose I can get it and always refund the hell out of it if I'm puking up buckets worth.

• Deleted member 197115

I'm really tempted to get this, but is it super-gut churning in VR? I do suffer from minor motion sickness but race all the time in VR on AC with no real probs, as long as I have a fan going.

I imagine this is a whole different kettle of fish though? I suppose I can get it and always refund the hell out of it if I'm puking up buckets worth.
The view in VR is much more stabilized than flat screen, and better than DR1. Similar to lock to horizon in AC.
I actually got dizzy playing flat screen after VR.

I put this title down after season 1 and felt like the FFB and subsequent VR performance wasn't that great. I don't know what's changed, but wow! It runs really smooth now even with all the goodies turned up and the ffb feels pretty solid.

I'm gonna be spending a lot more time in this title. So much fun.

• Deleted member 197115

did they fix the white balance issue in VR or whatever its called? on some tracks everything is way too bright.
Not really, still bad on some stages. It's auto exposure issue, they sample the wrong area, if you look down it all gets normal. Dialing down brightness help but to limit.

Thinking of buying this in the Steam sale can somebody tell will I get the same performance in VR with my Oculus headset with the Steam version or is VR performance with an Oculus headset better on the Oculus Store version ?
I remember something about this when it eventually came out in VR.

Last edited:
Thinking of buying this in the Steam sale can somebody tell will I get the same performance in VR with my Oculus headset with the Steam version or is VR performance with an Oculus headset better on the Oculus Store version ?
I remember something about this when it eventually came out in VR.
The steam version also has the ability of starting the game in oculus vr mode. I guess the performance should be the same as the one bought in the oculus store.

I've just bought the Super Deluxe edition at (...) for some 15 euros. It's essentially the same, when i activated the key, steam said it's the goty edition. I'd say (...) is pretty safe.
(...) is 100% grey market. Whether you find it safe or not, it's best to not mention grey market too much and generally discuss it, people tend to have very strong feelings over it and it rarely ends well.

Last edited:
Did they fix the automatic wipers?

Is the performance in VR any good? I was very disappointed with the performance of Dirt Rally 1 in VR. I had to turn down many things to keep the 80 fps, and it looked then like a Playstation game. I hope this Dirt Rally 2 is better in this sense. I downloaded it some months ago but I wasn't able to run it with my Oculus Rift S (headset not found).

I'd really like to know this before downloading it again, because 100 gb is just ridiculous.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 386 39.8%