DiRT Rally 2.0 | New 1.13 Update and GOTY Edition Now Available

Rob Every

500RPM
May 31, 2008
So bog

You think the notes are not wrong on purpose, how come they get 99% of them right then?

How come a lot of stages finishes have very tricky corners in them and a massive variance in the length from the yellow board to the red stop board? When in fact they should all be the same? These are all little things to add wildcard aspects to the difficulty, not realism.

Jun 20, 2017
Got the DL edition in recent steam sale and the CMR update for free just days later. Extremely positively surprised, I like the first game, but their last update for it ruined the VR part, it had a microstutter every ten seconds which by no means I could get rid of. This game now has smooth VR, immense content, drives nice, and this for a very low (sales) price. Excellent bang for the buck ratio. Absolutely recommended, I love it. The one thing i do not like - once again in a Codemaster title: the menu is baaaah, and mouse does not work in VR and with wheel attached at least. They hsould not enforce this stupid console design on PC platforms, it has always sucked and it will always suck. Else: great racing game. The difficulty for my taste is just about right, not too much, not too little. The new Scotland stages mauled be badly, however, which is no criticism, but an expression of appreciation.

Reactions: Neils on Wheels

Daniel Watkin

100RPM
Oct 28, 2015
So I just spotted the GOTY edition on steam for £22 and bought it. I planned on using it with an Oculus Rift CV1. Will this be OK on the steam version?

anton_Chez

1000RPM
Jun 1, 2016
Should do. I use Index on Steam version, I don't seer any difference with a different headset. You MIGHT not have native Oculus support, however, and might need to use SteamVR instead. Can't be certain, but it's a possibility.

bogani

500RPM
Feb 2, 2014
So bog

You think the notes are not wrong on purpose, how come they get 99% of them right then?

How come a lot of stages finishes have very tricky corners in them and a massive variance in the length from the yellow board to the red stop board? When in fact they should all be the same? These are all little things to add wildcard aspects to the difficulty, not realism.
How about human error maybe? How come they fixed some of the notes in updates if they were wrong by design as you suggests?

Having finishes in tricky corners is surely one aspect of added challenge, not that it's abscent in real life now and then.

Also, there are notes describing the finish lines, adapt your speed to that. If you don't care of it you can turn off the flying finish feature.

Rob Every

500RPM
May 31, 2008
I am not expecting perfection, that is impossible. and I am picking faults in an otherwise fairly well put together game.

But, there are areas that are clearly deliberately made to be overly difficult, and by design, not by anything natural.

That's all I mean. The game is hard enough already, there is no need for this false increasing difficulty, lights, awful rain drops, etc etc.

Alex Harkett

100RPM
Premium
Oct 3, 2013
I've been burned slightly with regards to the DLC for this title, and to be honest i've not put that much time into the game. But it'll always have a special place in my heart because of where the franchise all began... Colin McRae Rally.
RIP Colin!

Mekonrider

1RPM
Oct 12, 2019
Most fun I've had in these Covid ridden days. Most VR fun I've had for a while actually! I still flinch and duck when I crash into a tree over a jump.

Sep 3, 2013
[QUOTE="turbo86, post: 3137517, member: 3125"There are developers out there who make mostly simulators, and their products haven't been cracked yet and will probably never will be. [/QUOTE]

lul

okay buddy sure

only sims that aren't cracked ARE the ones constantly connected. Raceroom and iRacing.

nepal roade

10RPM
Oct 30, 2015
I wonder how much I should invoice them for storing 20gb of their data on my system that will never see the light of day with me.

Nov 9, 2009
"My steam is online the moment my computer boots, but f*ck codemasters for always connecting to racenet" I just don't see the problem? Google and facebook stalk you every couple minutes, even without a facebook account. They spy on everything you do on your phone, where you are etc. But f*ck codemasters for checking piracy / the leaderboards? Give me online over pc slowing DRM's. Except for last week( they patched it), racenet connection problems have been unexsistant for me. First month had its bad moments but after that, nothing. For the rest of those 300hours i have been racing, mostly club championships

Nico

100RPM
May 4, 2017
As a PC player I hope they will unlock the DLC cars for modding. Some DLC cars need custom liveries very badly.

bogani

500RPM
Feb 2, 2014
The Newhouse Bridge stage reminds me of Swedish Rally roads during summer. Ditches and elevations makes sense, it just feels like a proper rally stage.

Best thing about Scotland is the absence of weird bumps that kills the flow. Great stuff!

Reactions: Martin Fiala

ChevyGuy566

50RPM
Aug 9, 2013
I was struggling to find the fun in DR2 compared to DR1 but I have to say the new Colin McRae challenge mode has been a blast so far. As others have said, the new Subaru Legacy is a joy to drive and the new Scotland stages are a real rush. They're like Wales and Finland mixed into one.