I suppose that you know the definition of unwritten rule... There are rules which follows the common sense. Anyway I don’t thik that there is a need to write the rule which says to the driver to not to risk to be jostle by car which is ahead. In F1 passing is the grey zone in the rules because of vasteness of variations.

FIA Penalty - Car 33 for breaking Enpassant's unwritten rule #1.

If it's unwritten, it's not a rule.

1b9b1f4s-960.jpg

Max new rear view mirror. :)

I'm a bit 50/50 between racing incident and Verstappen. I voted Racing incident because IMO it;s just one of those things that happens in close racing. On the other hand the responsibility to make a safe pass is for the overtaking driver (in this case Verstappen). On a practical side I think it wasn't a smart move to make from Verstappen in that stage of the race.

In my opinion, it's Hamilton fault. It's like showing the nose on the inside in place you just can't pass & only disrupt the pace of the race, but done on the outside without any gain whatsoever.

The most funny thing here is that FIA officials are stupid - we have all the arguments and wisdom. There were same race fault from Max and Lewis. FIA says - race accident. But bad Lewis public attitude to this situation, which I leave uncommented.

supporter-eyeglasses-the-netherlands-flag.jpg

No offense, but I feel like that´s how every discussion with a Verstappen fan turns out.

No offense, but the same thing goes for every Verstappen hater. As soon as he makes a action on track there are so many people falling over him.

Have people ever watched all overtakes which are considered to be the best in F1 history. In most of these overstaken the cars wheel bang. This time it ended up with a flat tire if it didn't it was considered a great move.

Race incident really. Max pushed him wide to cut off a counter attack which is perfectly legal. Hard, but legal. Hamilton and Rosberg did the same to eachother when they battled hard. The biggest culprit here is the stupid wide front wings which slices a tire far too easy.

Dont know...but even when Max would ram the rest of the field purposely of track, a mate of mine ( who wears pink Verstappen sunflasses) will still defend him...teeth grinding.
Well not me. I still believe It was also Ham his mistake, Max past him for 80% and got hit on his rear wheel, so it is'nt only Max this time. The Dickhead statement is not done for the hole world!!! This is God behavior.

I don't think your 'Hamilton acts like God' argument stands here.

Max had not lost control of his car. He braked late, as did Lewis, but they both hit the apex and had their cars under control

apex.jpg

But then Max runs Lewis way, way, wide, so Lewis has to move to get out of his way - right to the far kerb, which is way off the racing line demonstrated by the cars ahead.

Untitled.jpg

So it seems to me that Lewis is adapting, taking himself offline, moving wide, to get out of Max's way.

Maybe my definition of 'God behaviour' is different to yours, but it seems to me that Lewis is not the aggressor here. Max is.

Max did not need to run wide, but he did so to try and prevent Lewis from coming back at him.

Like Vettel at Singapore last year. Max did not need to put his car there. And by putting his car there, he increased the risk of contact. And contact duly came.

Same for Lewis. He could have braked. He could have backed out. Not doing so increased the likelihood of contact.

I seem to remember a very similar incident between Hamilton and Mark Webber at Singapore a few years back, from which Lewis came out worse.

I'd just add that Hamilton, like any other driver, is perfectly entitled not to brake or back off against someone who is deliberately pushing him wide off track.

• Deleted member 113561

Verstappen is having accidents most drivers usually have in GP3/F2 or other junior categories. Yes he has proved himself to totally deserve to be in a front-running F1 seat, but the lack of time in lower categories means he is making rookie errors in the most costly ways.
No offense, but I kinda disagree.
Its more than "rookie errors", he is still thinking he did the right thing - a rookie would come forward and learn something from it, probably even apologize, but not Verstappen. And he is no rookie anymore after 3 full seasons, he should have learned by now at the very latest.
The conclusion of all of this is in my opinion, that Verstappen is simply a douchebag, a Maldonado light if you want to say so.

Looking at the onboard, I think Max moved over so he wouldn't drive into Alonso.

Then he needs to learn what the middle pedal is for.

When I'm on the inside line of a dual carriageway and catching up to the car in front, I only move to the outside lane if there's nothing alongside me, otherwise I'll probably have an accident.

This should've been treated similar to braking during an overtake, where the overtaker should not cut the other dude's nose off at like 50m to turn in (slow corner).

Especially being LAP ONE. I mean if everyone started using the width of the road during the first few corners of a GP then every single car would be out at turn 1.

Max did a "GPL Monza 10 Lapper Turn 1"...tried to win the race on the first lap. It was ungentlemanly.

I like Max a lot (Lewis more so but hey) his words are wise, he just needs to blossom. I think Max and Lewis will be great rivals and friends.

My mate is also a dickhead.

The conclusion of all of this is in my opinion, that Verstappen is simply a douchebag, a Maldonado light if you want to say so.

He's an entitled brat that can only be tolerated for so long, and as I said before, if F1 wasn't so boring, he'd have been demoted long ago.

I remember in Canada last year when he barged thru on vettel{naturally making contact} that he was absurd, yet Martin Brundle sung his praises.....they'll do anything to keep their ratings especially as they're too stupid to fix the category itself{an easy remedy}.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back