If you look at the replay they are side by side going into the corner with Lewis being ever so slightly ahead. Verstappen exits the corner and only turns 90 degrees to the right, nudging left a few times without any visible hints of over-steer meaning that he COULD HAVE given room; but as we know now, he didn't. You may bring up the argument that he was dodging the Mclaren that was on his left; but even so, there was still room for Max to move over.

This isn't a racing incident, Max pushed Lewis wide and got instant karma.

EDIT: Mclaren on his RIGHT... my bad.

verstappen-vs-hamilton-bahrain-2018-start-4RJxwx

Last edited:
No offense, but I kinda disagree.
Its more than "rookie errors", he is still thinking he did the right thing - a rookie would come forward and learn something from it, probably even apologize, but not Verstappen. And he is no rookie anymore after 3 full seasons, he should have learned by now at the very latest.
The conclusion of all of this is in my opinion, that Verstappen is simply a douchebag, a Maldonado light if you want to say so.
I agree with you here with some points, however I wouldn't say he's a Maldonado Jr... Hes not had that many issues regarding contact. However, three full seasons is plenty of experience in F1. His race craft STILL seems like it needs work (this being case in point.) I would class him in the middle of Lewis and Maldonado. This maneuver however, well it gets the Maldonado Seal of Approval.
MaldonadoApprovalV2WM.png

That must have been like a twelve time this video is been posted in this thread. :rolleyes:
God, wish people read more than last reply or just the ones which quoted them only. Ok ALL would probably be too much to ask, some of them are really walls of text/slash/dead boring but... you know ...more.

“By being a racing driver you are under risk all the time. By being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win.”
Ayrton Senna

“By being a racing driver you are under risk all the time. By being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win.”
Ayrton Senna
That's probably why Senna died and Prost is still alive; karma.
I hope Max doesn't end up that way.

That's probably why Senna died and Prost is still alive; karma.
Senna's crash was a mechanical issue. It was very unfortunate.
Ayrton did'nt need drs, like today's F1 drivers, like Max go for that GAP!
Ayrton didn't have DRS... There's a difference. If he was here today and still racing I guarantee that he would use it for overtaking opportunities. Also, I know you're dutch but I'm pretty sure that all F1 drivers use DRS to overtake. If racing drivers find something that makes them faster, they'll use it.

“By being a racing driver you should not purposefully risk other people's lives and then publicly admit that you did so out of spite. If you do that you should lose your licence." -Someone, I dunno.

Abiteboul also confirmed that there was no engine malfunction during Max Verstappen's qualifying crash in Bahrain, which the Dutchman blamed on a 150bhp power surge.
"The engine has done exactly what the throttle was asking, it was very clear. It's a determinist thing, cause and consequence, when you press on the throttle, something is happening to the engine.
"The engine has reacted in exactly the same way that it was supposed to react."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/renault-allows-teams-unlock-more-engine-performance-1025524/

So, the Kid was lying.

Again.
nodding.gif

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back