Debate: Should Vettel Leave Ferrari?

Vettel has never had a teammate to challenge him, and he had very little challenge from anyone during his Red Bull days. This is why I am of the mindset that if he had competition from inside, and outside the team things might have turned out very different for his current career records. I don't think that Ferrari will give him the time that he needs to figure out how to challenge himself, or other drivers. They are a desperate team, who are desperate for results.

Nobody can work Vettel like Lewis does, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing the two of them at Mercedes racing and competing together.

I think this looks good :)

Dan_Ferrari.jpg

Vettel needs to get it together or retire, perhaps a psychologist might (just might) be able to get inside his head and exorcise the Hamilton Demon.
He can't step down to a lesser team, which might actually be a good move, even if he takes a financial hit doing so. Hamilton won't have him at MB, and Hamilton isn't moving while his obscene 'salary' continues to flow and he soaks up the spotlight. Vettel needs to either suck it up, find a lesser team where the pressure is not so high, or just retire. I don't like the man but he is a decent enough operator, if he stays at FIAT the pressure from his highly competitive young team mate should be an incentive for him to perform.

hotlapping ISN'T RACING. as a sim racer you should know the difference is huge. i'm not a good hotlapper but i have many podium and 1st places.

You seriously think I was comparing F1 racing with ragging a family saloon around an old aerodrome? Really? You do know what humour is, right? :rolleyes:

He will race another year then he will retired and Mick Schumacher will take his seat.
No one can tell mate :) for one I doubt he will just like that give up and retire, and Mick as much as I would love to, he is far away from a seat in a Ferrari

Vettel has never had a teammate to challenge him, and he had very little challenge from anyone during his Red Bull days. This is why I am of the mindset that if he had competition from inside, and outside the team things might have turned out very different for his current career records. I don't think that Ferrari will give him the time that he needs to figure out how to challenge himself, or other drivers. They are a desperate team, who are desperate for results.

Nobody can work Vettel like Lewis does, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing the two of them at Mercedes racing and competing together.
Well Danny Ric comprehensively beat him in his first year at red bull.

Hes had a good ride in F1. But i am afraid he keeps upsetting the rule makers Liberty Media. (Damaging a weigh scale for the car in Monaco, A mouve in Montreal and Tantrum) No other team will take him on. Its time to go do other things.
I hear Jean Tod's contract is almost up. But like many drivers they don't like politics.

Driving F1 just of the driving itself, is not satisfying. So if Vettel will not win any races this year, and will be the same next season, i think he will/should retire. At the moment u can only win the championship with a Mercedes and i think this will not change in the next few years. Perhaps this could be a sign to F1, if drivers like Vettel retire because of this boringness, this could change something in their minds.

Vettel needs team atmosphere where there are no politics. When he's happy, he's unbeatable. He's like Kimi... right now Ferrari is a mess. They make so many fundamental errors and then put their drivers under pressure.
Probably a move back to Red Bull would be the best option for him.

Vettel needs team atmosphere where there are no politics. When he's happy, he's unbeatable. He's like Kimi... right now Ferrari is a mess. They make so many fundamental errors and then put their drivers under pressure.
Probably a move back to Red Bull would be the best option for him.

Only if he trades places with Verstappen. If Verstappen stays at Red Bull, I'm afraid Vettel's star will pale even more.

Sometimes good drivers have some extended bad form. It can last more than a few races.
A forgotten fact : Kivyat beat Ricardo in 2015 quite clearly.
They won't be giving up on SV any time soon.

Sometimes good drivers have some extended bad form. It can last more than a few races.
A forgotten fact : Kivyat beat Ricardo in 2015 quite clearly.
They won't be giving up on SV any time soon.
It's down to both the team and the driver to make the best of their relationship. In this case, Sebastian is a driver who has showed what he's capable of. When Vettel joined, Ferrari was the team that prevented Alonso from being a world champion. Car wise, they're usually 3rd best, they haven't improved one bit.

Vettel is yet a very young man.
He is in a top team... as teams go.
I'd only advocate he take a break IF he is no longer enjoying F1.
It is extremely difficult to take any time off and come back better.
Few drivers have done that....and none successfully in the hybrid era.
He is still very good.
Some folks become overly critical when these guys make mistakes.
Need I remind you of what it is they do?

He's not really a 'young man' these days when you consider the influx of newbies. Added to that he's become a parent, and that tends to influence certain people.
Vettel is a good punter but he's never been a 'great' punter.
Probably a good time to retire gracefully.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back