Debate: Should Vettel Leave Ferrari?

To leave does not help Ferrari but is he under pressure to deliver? Of course he needs to deliver for Italy.
Still Benz has it under control 2014-2020 and if not then there’re always Ferrari pitstops/strategy that are just decided by some passionate guy(s)...
(No wonder Alonso gave up)

SEB has to remember his strong times at Red Bull and only drive on individual successes, the title is already gone this year anyway, he has to steer Ferrari in the right direction to build a car where he feels comfortable in it, then comes his strength by itself back

SEB has to remember his strong times at Red Bull and only drive on individual successes, the title is already gone this year anyway, he has to steer Ferrari in the right direction to build a car where he feels comfortable in it, then comes his strength by itself back
Makes you think how much was the influence of the RB team. If you have the fastest car there is much less pressure and less over-driving wich results in less errors. When you are pushing beyond the limits to make up for what the car is missing you end up in the barriers.

Vettel proved to be a solid driver when conditions are harsh. He really crumbles only when he has pressure from his rivals, I think he starts wondering too much about the ifs and put too much feelings on the throttle pedal. Also his team engineers need to stop disturbing him when he is turning a corner. In Canada that's what happened, the ****ing engineer talking in the hardest part of the circuit to nail perfectly, with a car that at the time suffered a lot from understeering. I think that engineer should have been fired. He drove almost 30 laps with a car on his tail, with the car totally unable to build a gap, and he still came on top at the chequered flag. Against Lewis Hamilton! I think the only driver that can take the same challenge on the current grid is Verstappen, and even him may get into some nasty incidents, I mean he always stall the car at the start of the race and did his good share of mistakes, like all the drivers.
That was the reason why he was so emotional about that penalty. That's why he said "they are stealing the race from is", because he sweat for 40 minutes to keep that minimal insignificant gap (in a formula 1 that also inflates overtaking with DRS and ERS) and FIA just goes "**** that brilliant work, we gonna penalise you for a little mistake you were able to overcome on the track and that had no consequence on the race of others".

Yeah the most astonishing thing is that Ferrari can't build cars based on their drivers strengths and weaknesses. They just put together a shitbox with the fastest engine possible and say to drivers: that's your rocket, now blow up the grid or screw your career.
That's why I think in the future they will only promote to the seats drivers from the Ferrari academy, they are just too lazy and latino to have a briefing with the driver and have an humble "go back to the drawing board". And Binotto is the guy to blame, cause he built that shitbox and he also dared disposing of Arrivabene for his own individual sake, now leaving the team without a good car and without a good lead. Someone needs to make a parody of the godfather starring Binotto and Arrivabene.

Also his team engineers need to stop disturbing him when he is turning a corner. In Canada that's what happened, the ****ing engineer talking in the hardest part of the circuit to nail perfectly, with a car that at the time suffered a lot from understeering. I think that engineer should have been fired.
And I guess you have a proof on that.
Some irresponsible (probably just Mercedes double agent) team member... horse whispered him while he negotiated JUST THAT corner where everything goes down the toilet. Right ?
He drove almost 30 laps with a car on his tail, with the car totally unable to build a gap, and he still came on top at the chequered flag. Against Lewis Hamilton!.
Ferrari had MASSIVE advance in straight line speed, gaining like 22 seconds on THAT long straight.
51fIep5DW2L._SY355_.jpg

You can take them off now. :giggle:

Ferrari had MASSIVE advance in straight line speed, gaining like 22 seconds on THAT long straight.

Okay, since they are in your post I guess you took them off. Can you please now, without glasses, go back and look at second stint of Canada GP? Without going through long analysis (as this is German gp thread), I was expecting for Lewis to overtake him in first 5 laps he caught up. And without lockups into hairpin and if he kept racing to the end instead of politics, I am sure that merc would get him past Ferrari.

And I guess you have a proof on that.
Some irresponsible (probably just Mercedes double agent) team member... horse whispered him while he negotiated JUST THAT corner where everything goes down the toilet. Right ?
51fIep5DW2L._SY355_.jpg

22 seconds on straight? What are you smoking bro?
Also no double agent, sure, but kimi repeatedly asked last year not to be disturbed while driving hard. Ferrari crew just can't get it.

Like Joe Sayward (F1 Generalist) says you go to Ferrari for money. OK you may not have a driver or constructor tittle. But you will be wealthy enough to retire and do other things beyond, inside or outside a race car. When you drive the red car you are like the Pope of F1. Everyone worships you because everyone wants that seat. But its not about winning or drivers championships its about driving for the most famous car company in the world.

AH, Ferrari or retire... He's in the best car he can get into. It's not like merc will partner him with Lewis. Top 3 teams is where you want to be, something Danny Ric forgot to remember.

You sir win the prize for the best post in this thread. Spot on!

Any top driver in today's F1 would be stupid to leave Ferrari without a guaranteed seat at either RBR or Mercedes.
You are not going to be WDC at any other team on the grid beyond those two currently... not without loads of talent and or Mercedes falling into a reliability slump.
Leaving the next best option would not be wise.....so no!

Danny Ric did not forget he did not want to be second to Verstappen .
That's his own fault, he should have claimed that position himself. But he got outclassed, not only on track.
People who move within the F1 scene already predicted he would get the short end, after Verstappens first win (first time in a new car).

??? :alien:
How Daniel got outclassed by Verstappen off the track pretty please ?
By getting the trust of the RB team behind him, instead of the much more experienced Ricciardo.
Don't rule out management too, might Verstappen has picked better managers than Danny.
That's something most people don't think off, but you need to win trust of the team.
So your car is a better condition because the mechanics go that extra mile for you.
That your feedback is so valuable and correct that a team can make a better setup.
Somehow the RB team believed they had more chance becoming World Champion with Verstappen than with Ricciardo. That's being outclassed off the track.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 452 39.2%