Debate: Should Vettel Leave Ferrari?

Vettel, hmmmm... His best days on F1 is already gone. Leclerc is stronger and stronger. He is more hungry to win than Vettel.

Well, Vettel had his time with Red Bull and I don't see him having a chance against Mercedes, at least until the big regulation changes arrive in 2021.

In racing situations, he keeps putting himself in situations where he completely loses out badly, not just gets overtaken. He's clearly lost his edge. Sure he can drive fast still, sometimes but that's not enough. Time to retire Vettel. You've 4 titles to your name. You can retire happy, or at least, you should be able to.

Vettel vs Hamilton driving both for Williams for free and will see who is really that good :D
^ Now THIS would be must see TV! :laugh:

As far as Vettel goes, unless the Merc seat is up for grabs, he ought to stay put. Ferrari is an embarrassment and a train wreck, but I still see them as the team most likely to find a way to run with Merc. Seb is still a very good driver, he just needs a competitive car to find his mojo again.

I voted retirement.
Well, 4 times world champion, millionnaire and many things to explore and enjoy in this world.

But honestly, is it possible to leave the scuderia if you dont really have to?

I think Hamilton and Vettel should swap teams.

Why? Hamilton's last challenge should be to win a championship with Ferrari. Mercedes is to win with a German driver. It would be great for the spectacle of F1, especially if it coincides with the 2021 rule change.

I think Hamilton and Vettel should swap teams.

Why? Hamilton's last challenge should be to win a championship with Ferrari. Mercedes is to win with a German driver. It would be great for the spectacle of F1, especially if it coincides with the 2021 rule change.
Mercedes clearly wants to overtake Ferrari/Schumacher combo in terms of achievements to become the ones to beat in a long term run. Hamilton is already ahead in many stats, not far behind in overall wins. Mercedes are creating a true legend and rewriting history books. No way that HAM will say no to that :)

Recently I have read someone say a thing on why Fangio was worlds best. "He won 5 titles in 7 seasons" - his argument was. "others like Senna, Schumacher, Hamilton, Alonso and others" he continued "had only 2 in 7 years". It was funny I was just having conversation with people about the recent events that happen in F1 regarding Vettel.

I smiled and reminded myself Sebastian Vettel has 4 titles in 7 years. And it is not like he drove straight for McLaren, Ferrari or Mercedes level performing car like today it is.

Some retrospective:
- Vettel stepped in F1 car in 2005, by 2006 regularly outpacing R.Kubica and Nick Heidfeld in BMW Sauber in free practice sessions, who were much more experienced.
- In 2007 at debut he scored 8th position and won 1 point at Indianapolis.
- In 2008 he put Toro Roso in rain packed Italian GP in Monza, on pole, and won it from there without any but one light miss-braking-calculation in second chicane. To date it is still the only victory they ever achieved.
- In 2009 he joined senior team Red Bull and won for them in his only 3rd race while the same team was chasing first F1 victory with cars designed by Newey and driven by richly experienced Coulthard & Webber for the 4 previous years, the rest is history.

He came in Ferrari with a mission and I am not seeing anything else but him staying till the very end and trying to accomplish what he wished for when he came in first place. For one he can do it, and second i dont see anyone else more capable to do it with Ferrari than him. Because Hamilton today might be strong, but people forget that when things were messy, and many teams won a race, such as 2012 as much as 7 drivers winning in first 7 races, Hamilton was next to Maldonado. It's all relative. So no.

He came in Ferrari with a mission and I am not seeing anything else but him staying till the very end and trying to accomplish what he wished for when he came in first place. For one he can do it, and second i dont see anyone else more capable to do it with Ferrari than him. Because Hamilton today might be strong, but people forget that when things were messy, and many teams won a race, such as 2012 as much as 7 drivers winning in first 7 races, Hamilton was next to Maldonado. It's all relative. So no.
Very important thing that is often overlooked. I agree with your whole post. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Dux
If Sebastian Vettel stays the same, a move away from Ferrari - to which team, I wonder - would only help him dig the hole he finds himself in even further. Apart from Mercedes and Red Bull, no team actually has what it takes to challenge for the title. I'm not sure how keen his old team is to take him back, wings (and morale) broken after he couldn't score a championship with his dream team in 5 years. He has to rediscover what he is really made of, good and bad, as I'm afraid he thought too highly of himself after 4 easy titles with a team more dominant than today's Mercedes. Pressure makes him crack, and his Ferrari stint proves it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 179 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 495 39.2%