Dashboard BMW M6 GT3

Hello,
I present to you my project outstanding achievement, the dashboard of the BMW M6 GT3.
3D printing for the case, Arduino for electronics, Nextion HMI 4.3 "and 16 leds.

The Project :
31645033893_31b0190267_c.jpg

3d Model in Fusion 360 :
Design-Render.jpg

After many test of 3d print :
20181003_081953.jpg

Electronics :
20181003_204806.jpg

First test on my Accuforce V2 :
20181003_205543.jpg

Nextion Template in Assetto Corsa :

To follow the installation and wiring of the 16 LEDs...

I haven't found time yet to learn Fusion 360. But at work we have flatbed plotters so I designed some slices made out of 3mm pvc panel.

Because I needed to integrate the micro pro I had no idea yet how thick the package needed to be. Soo this is my first prototype. It's not the best looking one but for now it does the job.
I added some buttons to the back for brightness control of the leds and next and previous led layout.

Many thanks @Pset for the idea and the STL files!

LCD01.jpg

LCD02.jpg

LCD03.jpg

LCD04.jpg

LCD05.jpg

LCD06.jpg

Upvote 0
I finally had some time to mess around with fusion. And after using my sliced prototype I found out I didn't need as much leds on the sides soo I moved them to the rpm row. Now it looks more like one of the Cosworth displays. Only thing left is printing it.

LCD_no_buttons_2019-May-23_01-18-55PM-000_CustomizedView2510861816.png
Great! Can you upload this nextion template?

Upvote 0
Awesome work on this.

I printed the stl files and wired the nextion display up.
All working awesome.

I'm only having issues with the LEDs setup.
Do I set these up in SimHub?
I've chosen Arduino to upload the scetch but it says 'unusable port (nextion display)'
If I set LED settings in Arduino nothing happens.
I've connect VCC to +, GND to - and the middle one to Pin 6 on the arduino.

What am I doing wrong?

Also just wondering are you able to send me the *.leds file exported from Simhub with the led mapping you created for this?

Also pm'ed but putting here for rest of members.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Under Simhub on the left select Arduino, My Hardware, just under the top banner - choose Open arduino setup tool. Choose your led type, make sure the correct pin is selected, choose the board type (I have to use the old boot loader with my cheap clone boards), choose serial port and then upload the file.

Or have you done all that already?

Upvote 0
Yup. Arduino set up - have tested on both micro and nano.
All i get is the first led lighting up.
Wiring issue? - re-wired a new set to see if works - same thing.
Is there a particular way that I'm missing to wire them up?

Upvote 0
Guys, i just received the nextion screen, but i cannot make it to work at all. I haven't installed the leds yet, wired everything up, and the screen lights up perfectly, showing me some basic stuff of nextion, like logo, some stats etc.. but i cannot make it to work with simhub on iracing, it simply doesn't show any dashboards at all

Upvote 0
you can put some tutorial on loading the nextion and the arduino micro for noatos and start with it

I already have everything assembled for lack of programming and it is costing me too much

Thank you

Upvote 0
Guys, i just received the nextion screen, but i cannot make it to work at all. I haven't installed the leds yet, wired everything up, and the screen lights up perfectly, showing me some basic stuff of nextion, like logo, some stats etc.. but i cannot make it to work with simhub on iracing, it simply doesn't show any dashboards at all

I have the same issue. LEDs work fine. Only that F****cking screen doesn’t upload any file with the editor.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back