Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

I use it on a regular basis, yes some time what you can do is very limited, some time it is amazing, change colour of paint, wheels, interior ( many different leather tint), add and change license plate.
It is totally car dependent. Either you have many choices or none. Nothing you can do, that is why it is fairly easy to use.

I can't figure out how to create a grid preset with the specific cars, skins and grid placement I want to use in a session. What I can do is choose the different cars, but the skins, grid placement and other things are always random. Some of the cars I want to use have both race skins and road skins, and I want the AI to use the race skins only. AFAIK there's no way the AI can distinguish between both types, so I wanted to make my own custom grid choosing everything. I know it's possible since other pepople have created grid presets for the Formula Hybrid car and the Kunos LMP1 cars.

First time I've seen anything like this:
CM odd.JPG

I know it's not from the creators of CM, but is it possible that something wormed it's way in here or is it more likely that Avast has freaked out a little in being over protective? Any help would really be appreciated.

Above the opponents list there's this little button (far right, circled in red)
Capture.PNG

You can select specific skins, over right the driver name, select AI level, aggression, ballast and restrictor per driver.

IIRC If you head straight into a the race, skipping quali, the grid order may be randomized. AC doesn't seem to just head into the race in the order of the AI in the pits anymore.

Ah, so I must select "Custom" in order to stack several examples of the same car model. I tried using the "Manual" setting which apparently just changed the chance multiplier without letting me adjust each single car.

Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

I read about this a few times over the last year. It seems that cm has some features that are potentially similar to malware etc. To not trigger any anti-virus you need to have some certificates or change the code. Difficult for such a small team with such awesome features.

So it's probably a false positive but one has to decide whether to trust cm or not. It might go away with another update though.

Fun fact: to start a raceroom server you need to be a windows admin. Windows won't allow it to run on a standard user account. Sounds pretty similar, doesn't it? Happened after some update of the raceroom server software and it's probably just something in the code that's not optimized.

When you know Norton already deleted a few times the .exe of Automobilista, RF2 and even the Fanaleds one ... although they were all checked as false positives a few times ... I can easily imagine Content Manager also may be considered something like a Trojan Gen8 or any other name.
At very new update of the .exe, everything was and surely still is to begin again and again.

That's also surely the case with Avast, Kaspersky, McAfee and all these great security software names.

There's surely a difference between a real malware and sure softwares acting +- the same way, but it seems they all are unable to know where's the difference. :D

Has anybody else experienced really small replay file sizes in CM?
I did a run at Le Mans 2017 with the Porsche rsr last evening.
The replay file size is reported as 3.45 MB and obviously won't work.
The other issue I'm experiencing, is loss of audio in replays of VR session saved with FRAPS.
On those replays, I have to select Rift audio in FRAPS, even after selecting single screen as the viewing source (instead of Oculus Rift in AC) and Realtek audio on the task-bar as the playback source when viewing.
I'm also getting quite a few 'Race cancelled' messages now.
Weird!

Hey guys,
I am playing AC with a lot of mods and I´ve heard that content manager is great for that. But somehow I don´t want to change the launcher of the game (afraid that the game won´t work anymore).
Are there any disadvantages on Content manager or is this a straight improvement for AC?

It's pretty much a straight upgrade from vanilla launcher. I honestly feel like an idiot for sticking with vanilla launcher for so long, should have started using CM a lot earlier. Download the free version and see for yourself, it is not going to break your game.

It's also worth pointing out that the default launcher won't go anywhere if you get CM, it'll still be there same as before.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 38 84.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 33.3%