Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

If it is a 'mod' car probably an invalid driver model reference in the driver3d.ini in the cars data folder
or the 'driver'.kn5 model is missing in the \content\driver folder

If it is a 'mod' car probably an invalid driver model reference in the driver3d.ini in the cars data folder
or the 'driver'.kn5 model is missing in the \content\driver folder

Alright, what is the procedure for fixing it? Do I have to open the driver3d.ini in the cars data folder and change something? Could I use a driver.kn5 model from another vehicle.

Is that possible?

Almost all modern cars use the driver.kn5 (race cars) or the driver_no_HANS.kn5 (street cars) model.
Vintage cars use the 60's 70's and 80's driver models.
Some mod cars use there own modded driver model to accommodate driver seating position.

Not all driver models will fit all cars especially if they are modded cars as the driver base positions can be way off
You can try changing the name in the driver3d.ini to match a driver model in the \content\driver\ folder

Sample driver3d.ini
[MODEL]
NAME=driver_no_HANS (Name of driver .kn5 model, must be in \content\driver\)
POSITION=0, 0, 0

Almost all modern cars use the driver.kn5 (race cars) or the driver_no_HANS.kn5 (street cars) model.
Vintage cars use the 60's 70's and 80's driver models.
Some mod cars use there own modded driver model to accommodate driver seating position.

Not all driver models will fit all cars especially if they are modded cars as the driver base positions can be way off
You can try changing the name in the driver3d.ini to match a driver model in the \content\driver\ folder

Sample driver3d.ini
[MODEL]
NAME=driver_no_HANS (Name of driver .kn5 model, must be in \content\driver\)
POSITION=0, 0, 0

Ok, I will give that a try.

Thanks.

I see we have some negative (Angry) life forms in here for no valid reasons what so ever. Grown men getting angry over something online. It's quite degrading really. Do not worry. I will figure it out on my own. If there's one thing I have learned in life It's that people (Humanity) as a collective can be very clever when they work by themselves.

One thing i've learnt in life also is.....
You get what you give.

You gave nothing and therefor you get nothing in return.

Last edited:
If I want to include stuff in my mod that would go in the CM Data (User) folder how do I go about that?

Specifically I made an Illinois license plate template and might make some other US state ones since it only comes with modern California.

Just FYI, if you do forget the email in the transition you can contact him on FB and write from which PayPal account the money came and then your email so you don't have to donate twice.
If you want you can of course always donate twice

Hey Guys,

Just finally set up my own server on my laptop and I've been able to join through lan on my PC on certain tracks. However, if I use a track such as Shibuya or even Ebisu Minami the server starts to load through content manager then says "Race Cancelled." Any ideas as to what could be causing this? I have a friend as well who tries to join my server but the "Race Cancelled" message also appears but for any tracks I set up on the server.

Thanks!

When CM says 'Race Cancelled' for me it's usually because there's a crash on loading. Check your log files to see if there's any errors preventing something loading.

Shot in the dark, but the tracks' folder has a space or capitals in it, I believe that prevents it from working online IIRC. That could be the issue if the track loads fine in single player.

I donated. Got an email instantly through paypal which had the key. I enter the key and it says key is not valid. I've sent a support email. Waiting to hear back. Very weird that I received the key but it does not work.

I can't save custom championships with CM. Full version

pTYeO7R.png

Any suggestions what to do? I have no idea what that means. I use Natural Graphics mod

Last edited:
I was about to record a short vid to explain how to use the paint shop in CM but then I remembered that I'm not allowed to post vids here at RD. Hopefully Bram or one of his staff members will hook you up.

3xmdcOl.png

Last edited:
I believe it only works on certain cars - is this correct?
I've never really got it to work properly, although I did manage to change the paint on a 599XX last night for the very first time.
As to painting stripes or adding numbers, I've NEVER seen those options.
Does anyone know of a car that can DEFINITELY be fully painted, striped, numbered etc? I'm half convinced that some of my menus are missing.
Like a few things with Content Manager (eg creating tyres), a video tutorial would be very nice indeed. It's a powerful and awesome app, but a little obtuse sometimes.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 174 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 121 46.5%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 45 17.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 27.3%
Back