CamTool 2

Apps CamTool 2 1.16 x64

Login or Register an account to download this content
It's driving me crazy. Can't understand what I am doing wrong. I think I've tried every way and nothing makes it work =/ Would someone help pls?

It seems you tried to add multiple static cameras. Parameter Camera -> Camera In controls which camera should be active. The value in that input is compared with the value in the brackets on the top of the app.

Example:
A position on the track: 2500 m
CameraCamera in
11000 m
22000 m
33000 m

Camera 2 is active because the position on the track is between 2000 - 3000 m.

If you meant to animate a camera, you should add keyframes instead (the column under the diamond icon).

Thanks for replying @kasperski95.
As you can see in the video, I wanted to create three fixed cameras. It sounds basic/easy task to do. Create 3 static cameras.
Because of that I created cameras using the "camera icon" column. And seems to me that in order to achieve a fixed camera, you have to position your angle and then lock every parameter.
Am I failing following this logic? It seems my understanding is completly wrong. What do you please suggest me, in order to create 3 simple fixed cameras (as I'm desespetly trying in the video)?

I have to understand this tool. I want it so much...
Another try:

=[
The car is driving in the wrong way (the distance in the brackets is decreasing), that's why the second keyframe becomes first after clicking the keyframe button. This problem can be solved in 2 ways depending on what you want to achieve.

Approach #1
If you are trying to create cinematic shot just for this replay switch to the time mode by clicking the timer button next to the on/off button. On that video application is in the position mode - animation is done with respect to the car position on the track. In the time mode, the animation is done with respect to the time of the replay.

Approach #2
If you are trying to create replay cameras, that will work lap by lap, from replay to replay the animation must be created in the position mode.
Create an animation based on a replay where you go in the correct way, save it, switch to this replay and load it. This mode was created for track circuits in mind.

It's driving me crazy. Can't understand what I am doing wrong. I think I've tried every way and nothing makes it work =/ Would someone help pls?
It seems the car is in a pit lane, right? If you look at the map, you'll see you're moving in the opposite direction of the track spline. That's why the distance counter is decreasing, and the cameras are changing positions. I really don't know if making a "pit only" camera will solve this issue. This depends on the track spline orientation.

It seems the car is in a pit lane, right? If you look at the map, you'll see you're moving in the opposite direction of the track spline. That's why the distance counter is decreasing, and the cameras are changing positions. I really don't know if making a "pit only" camera will solve this issue. This depends on the track spline orientation.
I tried several other replays/tracks/cars in several different locations of the tracks... Looks like the error is just occurring because of that specifically place the BMW M8 starts... =/ But the weirdness occurs in any other situation. To me there's no logic, of what is going on...

I don't know what you are trying to achieve. Why did you reclick everything in 1:29? Also you didn't activate 4th keyframe.

Because as you can see in 1:30 the pitch parameter in rotation has changed (logically, because I've just rotate the first angle). And If I didn't reclick the parameter would stay of what it was, right?

And thanks for the videos, I use keyframe tools (AfterEffects, Flash, C4D) for more than 10 years. Isn't that even more sad? I should know how to do it. =(

I'm just trying to achieve a simple thing here... Something like this:
I'll try to mimic (sorry my English is not my primary language)

- First take: the camera (please God) stay static (for the love of all living beings) and for that I will click (lock)(please, stay locked) every parameter.
- Then I click play, for the car to exit the angle of the set camera.
- Then I will just rotate, ok? Simple? I'll rotate then, to show the car is going that direction. So I manually rotate the camera and THEN, I pray for everything to be locked again at this angle I just set. Right? As I'm praying I'm locking every parameter again just to be safe and for nothing go wrong.
- Okay... then I will try something a little bit more courageous... I'll move the camera and try to record the car from the front again. But wait! I cannot forget! Lock everything now, every parameter, for the app to know that is that angle that I want from this point on.
And on and on...
It should be simple. Right?

I'm uploading another video. Using the tips you guys gave me. I'm not starting at the pit area this time! My fingers were crossed I swear...
what happened with all the locking of parameter I did? Why the camera is moving? What's so obvious about that? That only myself is not seeing it? Presumably, if I'm locking the location (god! pleeease! I locked!) why the camera moves the location? I say presumably because it should make much more sense to me, if rather than using the keyframe icon, use the camera icon... I mean: camera A "stay fixed at this location ok? Dady loves you" "Camera B, come here... are you seeing this spot? Are YOU sure? Ok, than stay here and don't move this location."

Well... everything I've tried was a failure. =/

I really don't know if making a "pit only" camera will solve this issue.
To make "pit only" to work, "pit spline" and "track spline" must be recorded. If a car is closer to a pit spline, "pit only" cameras will be activated. To record splines go to Settings -> Record track/pit spline. Splines are generated based on a camera position. It's recommended to use one of the onboard cameras because they are attached to a car.

I'm uploading another video. Using the tips you guys gave me. I'm not starting at the pit area this time! My fingers were crossed I swear...
what happened with all the locking of parameter I did? Why the camera is moving? What's so obvious about that? That only myself is not seeing it? Presumably, if I'm locking the location (god! pleeease! I locked!) why the camera moves the location? I say presumably because it should make much more sense to me, if rather than using the keyframe icon, use the camera icon... I mean: camera A "stay fixed at this location ok? Dady loves you" "Camera B, come here... are you seeing this spot? Are YOU sure? Ok, than stay here and don't move this location."

Well... everything I've tried was a failure. =/
  • If you want to make a camera static for a certain amount of time, you need to "animate" location's strength parameter.
  • If you want to create a static camera with no animation, create different cameras. For each of them, create one keyframe for transform and rotation parameters. Pay attention to the value of "camera in" parameter. This parameter decides which camera is active. Use position mode for that, because I don't remember if it works in time mode. You need to click on the input of a "camera in" parameter and type the value from the keyboard.

About Cameras
Cameras are activated based on the car's position on the track. Let's say track has 4000m length and we have 3 cameras.
Camera NameCamera 1Camera 2Camera 3
Camera In1000m2000m3000m

Then each camera will be activated in the following ranges:
Activation range0 - 1000m1000 - 2000m2000 - 3000m3000 - 4000m
Camera NameCamera 3Camera 1Camera 2Camera 3
In the app, the active camera has a bold label. Every time a camera is added, all of them are sorted based on "camera in" value. In the video "Cam tool trying to use my brain" after you added the third camera, your second camera became third. You didn't change keyframes for the new camera, that's why it was tracking the car.

I set the camera in position mode and have set the number manually in camera in parameter and locked every parameter for the camera not to move. Why does the camera moves when I click the next keyframe if it was locked?

You see? Every simple thing I want to accomplish is not getting right. Why is that?

In that video I'm trying to create a static cam then when the car passes, change de camera rotation to another camera in the same place. Static too. I don't want movement? Is this asking too much?

Another question: When is the time to click the number between the arrows up there? When starting to set all the parameters or in the end? You can see I got really confused at 1:32 when I click the forward arrows a few times and nothing happens.

I set the camera in position mode and have set the number manually in camera in parameter and locked every parameter for the camera not to move. Why does the camera moves when I click the next keyframe if it was locked?

You see? Every simple thing I want to accomplish is not getting right. Why is that?

In that video I'm trying to create a static cam then when the car passes, change de camera rotation to another camera in the same place. Static too. I don't want movement? Is this asking too much?

Another question: When is the time to click the number between the arrows up there? When starting to set all the parameters or in the end? You can see I got really confused at 1:32 when I click the forward arrows a few times and nothing happens.
you didn't enable camtool... - it was a standard camera. When a keyframe is not set, arrow buttons are used to rewind/forward replay. Sorry man, I don't have more time to help you. If you have troubles with the application, analyze the Spa replay provided with the application. GL

you didn't enable camtool... - it was a standard camera. When a keyframe is not set, arrow buttons are used to rewind/forward replay. Sorry man, I don't have more time to help you. If you have troubles with the application, analyze the Spa replay provided with the application. GL
No problem. I must thank you for trying to help me, I really appreciate it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.