CamTool 2

Apps CamTool 2 1.16 x64

Login or Register an account to download this content
Has anyone had this weird issue where camtool will only follow certain cameras? To clarify, camtool will work fine until you switch to the next camera, at which point the camera doesn't animate anymore, but gets stuck on the 1st position of that camera.
If you're watching the replay by cam tool and want to switch to a normal TV cam by pressing F3, you need to deactivate the cam tool app in the right side bar first. Deactivating cam tool will make the cam stuck in the actual position and then you're free to choose any cam with the F keys.

Great App! Amazing! But I have a question, other than arrow keys, do we have any shortcut for vertical movement? (like controling a flying or swiming camera?)
Like space to "fly vertically up" and shift to "fly vertically down" so we can have vertical movement from behind a car with camera going up from the ground but then with the pitch looking down into the car (for example...)

Great App! Amazing! But I have a question, other than arrow keys, do we have any shortcut for vertical movement? (like controling a flying or swiming camera?)
Like space to "fly vertically up" and shift to "fly vertically down" so we can have vertical movement from behind a car with camera going up from the ground but then with the pitch looking down into the car (for example...)
I believe it is page up/ down. However, these are already bound to control camera exposure. You can unbind it though. ;)

Thanks Guilliano! The vertical movement works! But sometimes the camera deeps into the ground before moving up :roflmao: I'm such a noob with cameras.
I also don't find a control file that has PGup and PGdn mappings to unbind or rebind them. I tried controls.ini and google for info but no luck.

I've something odd with CamTool2 not seeing the .json setting files. I guess it must be something simple I overlook but it seems to look at the right place were the right files are. Whatever track I tried, if I click settings that right side of the panel stays empty. Hope someone has a brilliant thought :)

camtool.jpg

Hi all - camtool2 works great, however i have a couple of tracks where the tool wont save my camera settings - ive deleted CM, Camtool2, restarted, tried every trick in the book, but for some reason i cant get the app to save cameras to set locations on certain tracks. Any ideas on what might be causing it and what i can do to solve for this? im in need for a virtual competition on sunday and streaming to a large audience. Thanks

Hi, I've been having a problem with the spline tool where the car I'm following gets jittery along with the audio:

I've read a few solutions like enabling double physics precision, not cropping the replay length and other things but nothing I try seems to work. Anyone know what causes this/how to fix it?

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi, I have issue with camtool when I play in nordcheleife my normal tv replay fps is 100ish but when I use camtool i only get 48-51 fps is there some setting I need to change to achieve higher fps?

i have the same problem :( did you find a solution yet? if yes then please help thank you
;)
Make sure you have the updated CamTool_2 version. The one with the performance fix.
And also, this could be the track. I still have this issue in the LA Canyons map.

is there a work around for, when using it ina online session, a selected palyer isnt in the tracking list, i can never find my name in the tracking list, so i have to resort to using track cams or non at all making the track useless for my driving session.

ive recently encountered this bug.
It will also not show this certain palyer in the tracking in a replay.

Guys please help.

I use camtool2 and dronecam, and the view that I record is always in different positions in the replay.

for example... if I record the driver's view, in the replay I will see everything from the back seat. it's like if the replay is always offset, and it continues moving to the rear side.

in the example video, I recorded the driver's helmet... but in the replay, the camera is moving to the back of the car and it's not fixed how I recorded

any idea?
this happens even after a clean reinstall

Hey there, I was able to use CamTool 2 for some years, but since I don't know, some days, I am having a CRAZY issue and I have no idea how to solve. As soon as I enable it, this happens:

EDIT: whoops, wrong discussion

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes