CamTool 2

Apps CamTool 2 1.16 x64

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi all. CamTool 2 can't load camera sets if the the track's name has a (-) in it. ex.: Fonteny-rev. It should be "Fonteny_rev".
Any idea on what can be done to solve this issue?
Renaming folders din't work but I'm almost certain that it has something to do with naming within the files.
The camtool file is saved in the "data" folder normally, but it wont appear on the load tab in the app in game.
I hope I made sense because English is not my native language.
I have amazing replays for Barcelona Street circuit, Fonteny reverse and others, but I can't load them. :cry:

Thank you in advance. Cheers, take care.

Renaming folders din't work but I'm almost certain that it has something to do with naming within the files.

If you rename a track folder, then you need to rename the KN5 file as well, and text editing the model.ini to change the old name with the new one.
It won't work online unless everyone racing with you has the same track folder properly modified as yours.

Hi all. CamTool 2 can't load camera sets if the the track's name has a (-) in it. ex.: Fonteny-rev. It should be "Fonteny_rev".
Any idea on what can be done to solve this issue?
The camtool file is saved in the "data" folder normally, but it wont appear on the load tab in the app in game.
I hope I made sense because English is not my native language.
I have amazing replays for Barcelona Street circuit, Fonteny reverse and others, but I can't load them. :cry:

Thank you in advance. Cheers, take care.

Hello, try putting the name of the camtool with a number for example 1 ... and then in the load tab of camtool manually enter 1 and put load and see if they appear

It gives me something similar with another track .... I load them by writing the file name because they do not appear

acs-2020-01-27-14-17-52.jpg

I tried applying the camtool2.py and this happens (I tried the RAW file and "Save Link As..." - as well as saving it via Notepad++).

With Camera.py only - Camera stops tracking despite I already loaded a preset.

I am using Please Stop This' modification of the CamTool2.

EDITED:
I managed to fix the scrambled menu by replacing the CamTool2.py and the Camera.py you provided, but now if I load a JSON Camera file - its not tracking the car in priority.

Camera is switching between areas while the car is moving but its not following the car while in motion.

I do notice the increase of FPS though.

Hello, could you solve that problem? I also see an improvement in the fps but the cameras change and do not follow the car ..... I do not know how to put the files so that it works correctly, could such a @Marocco2 could you help us please?
I would like to solve this problem to stop having some jerks and fps drops with the original camtool. THX

Hello, could you solve that problem? I also see an improvement in the fps but the cameras change and do not follow the car ..... I do not know how to put the files so that it works correctly, could such a @Marocco2 could you help us please?
I would like to solve this problem to stop having some jerks and fps drops with the original camtool. THX
Close and reopen app window to fix that issue. That's all

Close and reopen app window to fix that issue. That's all

here I show you ... the fps are going very well but the camera does not follow the car, it only changes the position .... download your Camera.py and Camtool2.py file and put them together with the files where the app is

1598888045369.png

Can you attach a screen of your CamTool app folder?

Sometimes we have the solution in front of our eyes but we need to be hit in the head to realize it .... with your comment I knew what my mistakes were and that is that Camera.py was putting it together with camtool2.py and not in the classes folder .... thanks for your help and sorry for the inconvenience

Hello I have seen a few FPS fixes but am still having issues. My main problem is that the longer the shot I do the lower the fps I get. I tried doing a 5 minute continuous shot of a touge run but the FPS slowly degraded from a cool 50 down to 18 the longer it got. Is there any FPS fix other than installing the latest version I can do? Or anything I can do in game to fix the FPS loss on the long recording? Cheers and thank you for making this awesome tool!

(I have downloaded the after mentioned fps fix but still get terribly low fps)

Last edited:
Hey there, first of all - great app! It works just fine for me, but at some point the keyframes had no more effect. for example, i made a replay for the Nürburgring and the first half of the lap everything is fine. but at some point, when adding keyframes and changing values, nothing happens. Is there a limit for the keyframes of the entire lap? more cams still work. thanks

hello. can i somehow change arrow keys to WASD ? and speed of the spline camera shift+arrow-keys are very slow, but without shift its sos fast :C

Hey there, first of all - great app! It works just fine for me, but at some point the keyframes had no more effect. for example, i made a replay for the Nürburgring and the first half of the lap everything is fine. but at some point, when adding keyframes and changing values, nothing happens. Is there a limit for the keyframes of the entire lap? more cams still work. thanks
Try placing the keyframe with the car in the position of the last camera and check if the - camera in - point is set as well. Then just keep adding the cameras in between. That's what I do. I hope my English make some sense. Cheers

Last edited:
Awesome app, definitely looks like it would take some time to master but I've discovered presets and so am loving it straight away! :D

My only question / request - is there a hotkey to enable/disable the camtool on the fly? So that I can keep the screen clean for video capture while being able to switch back to the cockpit F1 cam and say a pre-set F6 cam (maybe looking backwards over the car). Either that or have the ability to switch out to various inbuilt cameras and then back to the camtool camera on the fly.

Well it was definitely an exercise in persistence to learn and get out of the camtool what I wanted (outside of the preset shots) but super happy with the results and just took multiple recordings from other cameras and joined it all together in editing to get the effect I was after rather than trying to do it all in one continuous recording.

Here is the final product - a highlights / recap video of my sim racing group’s first round of a GT1 Cup Car Championship:

Hello,

I am relying on your Camtool for our comp series live streams, its great, but one mayor problem now, that we have over 60 competitors:

Problem is it cannot follow cars past [CAR_29].

[CAR_0] ---> [CAR_29] I can follow, but anything above that in entry list, I cant follow. Is there any simple fix for this?

Thanks.

Pyry

Edit. I have been trying to reach kasperski95 since last spring via different methods, but no answer to anything . Plz, your app is great, answer us xD

Last edited:
1. Downloaded this set for Imola: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f12020-imola-camtool-replay.29572/

2. The set has 4 camera

3. Copied .json files in \data

4. In game I saw only the "1" camera

5. For a mistake I clicked the "X" icon in the UI of CamTool 2 of the Load list where it was the "1" camera

6. In Windows folder \data, the cam was still there.

7. I deleted all the imola .json cam data

8. redownloaded the imola cams and recopied it

9. Load list in CamTool2 was still empty

10. I removed CamTool2 from Windows folder, I downloaded again CamTool2 and I copied again a new downloaded set of Imola cam

11. The Load list of CamTool2 is still empty

12. I don't know what I have to do

13. I have practice with the .json cam data of CamTool2 for other circuits

14. Other circuits have no problem

Thx.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks