CamTool 2

Apps CamTool 2 1.16 x64

Login or Register an account to download this content
I love the idea of having a more dynamic TV cam system, however is there a way of making it interface with the already existing TV cameras, or by setting a custom camera per track so you can select it on the F3 menu?

Does this work with VR?
If so, how exactly do I watch a replay (around Kyalami, for example) using the Kyalami preset that somebody uploaded here on RD? What's the sequence of events please?
I'm not really interested at this stage in creating my own camera views, I just want to check it out using a preset created by others.
Thanks.

Simple question: does this work in VR?
If it does: how?
When using some of the presets that others have uploaded, all I get is fixed camera positions with no moving spider cams etc. Switch to 2D and it seems to work as intended.

If it doesn't work at all in VR, then please add a bold note to the download page so that other VR users are aware. Many thanks.

In the download section I see many great cam sets for different tracks. But due to the difficult handling and the need to install the app, I haven't used them till now.

I wonder, if the app could offer a feature to let the creators of new cam sets export them in a common (cameras.)ini-file, so anybody else could just drop it in the track folder and select it via F3. This would spread new cams to a way larger audience and make this tool much more known.

In the download section I see many great cam sets for different tracks. But due to the difficult handling and the need to install the app, I haven't used them till now.

I wonder, if the app could offer a feature to let the creators of new cam sets export them in a common (cameras.)ini-file, so anybody else could just drop it in the track folder and select it via F3. This would spread new cams to a way larger audience and make this tool much more known.
That's impossible unfortunately. But there is a workaround. In my script version, you can press Shift+ctrl to activate camtool locking

Here we go again
Fould the culprit of heavy performance: lots and lots of DLL calls from CamToolTool.py. @kasperski95 can you open source that DLL so we can enjoy full performance?
Anyway, because of this, I managed to double the performance of Camtool.py
I'll send you the file in February if I don't forget. I don't have access to my old pc right now. The dll file just reads and saves data so there's nothing that can be done there.

Simple question: does this work in VR?
If it does: how?
When using some of the presets that others have uploaded, all I get is fixed camera positions with no moving spider cams etc. Switch to 2D and it seems to work as intended.

If it doesn't work at all in VR, then please add a bold note to the download page so that other VR users are aware. Many thanks.
It should work in VR but all rotation keyframes must be disabled.

Hi Kasperski95.
your application is wonderful, I've been using it since the 1st versions and it's just great.
Thanks to the application I have managed to make impressive shots, but now I face a problem ... the movement of the camera is not continuous, when before it was perfect.
Example,better in video, that my English is not the best.

The movement that happens between the second 10 and 14. I just want it to be linear ... not to change speed in the middle of the shot,I could get it before, but for some reason it is impossible now. Any clue to know the reason for this?

Very thankful!

Pd: Where ***** is the donate button?

Hi Kasperski95.
your application is wonderful, I've been using it since the 1st versions and it's just great.
Thanks to the application I have managed to make impressive shots, but now I face a problem ... the movement of the camera is not continuous, when before it was perfect.

The movement that happens between the second 10 and 14. I just want it to be linear ... not to change speed in the middle of the shot,I could get it before, but for some reason it is impossible now. Any clue to know the reason for this?

Very thankful!

I've been able to solve this issue by setting the "in" and "out" point of the movement, then I set the points in between positioning the camera where I want. From that point on, you have to carefully adjust the keyframe positions to make smoother transitions. The other option is to use the "spline" function, which I've never used.

Reactions: Won
Is there any way to create something akin to a camera car? I thought laying down a spline, then following that spline later, (I want to make an overtaking scene, where you're looking at the car from the front, the car then accelerates past, with the camera tracking) but I have no idea how to make this work.

Hi Kasperski95.

Very thankful!

I think you set better keyframe point in camtool.
It's not easy sometimes set camtool point, when you set keyframe points too near, or you filming a car on acceleration.
I tried too much to understand what camtool can do.

Examples:
1) My first attempt: Camtool 1, keyframes points without follow car function.
Not too bad result for a long take, but It was not easy set keyframes points.

2) Use camtool to simulate a camera car with crane (Camtool 2)
This video is much better result, but I filmed in several days to set manually camtool keyframes.

I edited Camtool_2 based from @Please Stop This version
Up to 2x more performance when active and up to 10x when in idle

acs-2020-01-27-14-17-52.jpg

I tried applying the camtool2.py and this happens (I tried the RAW file and "Save Link As..." - as well as saving it via Notepad++).

With Camera.py only - Camera stops tracking despite I already loaded a preset.

I am using Please Stop This' modification of the CamTool2.

EDITED:
I managed to fix the scrambled menu by replacing the CamTool2.py and the Camera.py you provided, but now if I load a JSON Camera file - its not tracking the car in priority.

Camera is switching between areas while the car is moving but its not following the car while in motion.

I do notice the increase of FPS though.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes