AC BTCC Shake Down Under @ Bathurst - Sunday 20th August 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. Next Sunday we're at Bathurst, for some BTCC action.

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All race department premium members with their full real name added to their forum profile as well as in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 + Abarth event earlier in the week . We also run a practice server all week for all events.

MountPanorama87.png

• Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com #8 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com #8 - Netherlands
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST, 18:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST, 19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 DST, 19:40 UTC) | 2 x 25 minute - Race
  • Qualification determines both R1 and R2 grid positions.

Cars (Ballast/Restrictor)

Event details:
  • Track: Bathurst Mount Panorama
  • Pit stop: Optional
  • Track Temps: 18C air/24C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind, Optimum grip.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty
  • Fuel Rate - 70%

Useful Links:

Race Control

Recommended Apps

Post below!

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. You will get 2 warnings then a 10 second penalty for exceeding track limits to your advantage. Any warnings/penalties are displayed in the chat window at the end of each lap.

Note: Please use your full real name in Discord and in game. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify who you are.

Last edited:
I think there should be a bonus point for the Primera that can do the most laps without hitting anything here at Bathurst.:p:p

PS.
I have owned two Nissan Primera GTE cars, they were both two of the best cars i have owned.

Could never understand why they are not revered in the classic car world.:O_o:

Bold choice for the shake down track, Brian.

Bathurst is sooo difficult:

Soo difficult.PNG

Up to now I haven´t strung together three valid laps and I´m suffering from flatspotted tyres
(blisters on my thumbs suffering)

I´ll have another go later and than probably do the "Princess on the Pea" and find happyness somewhere else.

(if they´re too strong.........)

Bold choice for the shake down track, Brian.

Bathurst is sooo difficult:

View attachment 687537

Up to now I haven´t strung together three valid laps and I´m suffering from flatspotted tyres
(blisters on my thumbs suffering)

I´ll have another go later and than probably do the "Princess on the Pea" and find happyness somewhere else.

(if they´re too strong.........)

If we do an easy track are you truly warmed up !?

If we do an easy track are you truly warmed up !?
Nah, gimme a few weeks, I´ve got a system:

1. indignation,

2. moaning,

3: anger,

4. thawing,

5. in the end I´m content.

I think I´ll get over the flatspotting, the wall rides will be the same for everyone ( I wish :cautious:)

BUT:

I´ll order an air rad on everyone who tries to overtake "on the mountain"
It´s consent under the Pros that you may only overtake in the marshlands :O_o:

It is a tough track, with all those dips and camber changes in the twisty mountain section. But boy it is fun to drive on this track, literally like a roller coaster ride.

I was banning on the rev limiter on the long straight. More than half the distance of the straight after coming down the mountain. I noticed that the Beemer has gear ratio adjustment capability. I cranked up the final ratio instead of messing with each gears, not sure if that is the way to go. I wonder what everyone else is doing?

Last edited:
I tend to modify the final gear too as it keeps the other gear spacings correct. I guess you can tweek the odd gear if you think you are missing drive off a corner.

Won't be able to make this one--heading out of town. Shame because I actually like this track. What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment...

At least the concrete walls should help keep the cars on track! Good thing damage is turned off...
Have fun!

I can be reasonably completive here, in the high 15 and low 16, but and this is a big but, I cannot race here.
it takes many many wall bashings and many many off's to get to that modest level of competitiveness.
Even though I am going to "pat" myself on the back about my setup which is surprisingly stable and quick for this variant of Primera. ( not a patch on the older variant ) it does not get any better when I back off the pace.
I just cannot race this car ( variant ) at Bathurst and not endure a lonely race and constant off's.
Never tried the other variant here? plus 6 litres a lap and a 15kg BOP does not exactly give me much incentive either.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 451 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 298 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 174 26.9%
Back