AC BTCC Round 7 @ Castle Combe - Sunday 31st March 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. Next Sunday we're at Castle Combe, for Round 7 of the '90s BTCC Season.

Join us!

Need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 + 1 event earlier in the week . We also run a practice server all week for all events.

Castle-Combe-99.png

• Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com #9 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com #9 - Netherlands
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 DST) | 2 x 25 minute - Race
  • Qualification determines both R1 and R2 grid positions.

Cars (Ballast/Restrictor)

Event details:
  • Track: Castle Combe (with Chicanes)
  • Pit stop: Optional
  • Track Temps: 18C air/24C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind, Optimum grip.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty
  • Fuel Rate - 70%

Useful Links:

Race Control

Recommended Apps

A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. You will get 2 warnings before a 10 second penalty for exceeding track limits to your advantage. Any warnings/penalties are displayed in the chat window at the end of each lap.

Note: Please use your full real name in Discord and in game. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify who you are.

Info on scoring/penalties here

As much as it annoys me to say it, the chicanes are ok, as john said, just track limits and bleeding sausages.
I am surprise they did not add strategically placed land mines there too.
Its a race circuit not a bleeding obstacle course.

Last edited:
As much as it annoys me to say it, the chicanes are ok, as john said, just track limits and bleeding sausages.
I am surprise they did not add strategically placed land mines there too.
Its a race circuit not a bleeding obstacle course.
Of course a contractor could always blame his materials.
Or the weather.
Or his b..... wife.

But if he wouldn´t, what would we talk about in the pub??

Ok, an evening to quickly forget. Involved in an accident in the first race, then at the end of the field. As the race continued, the steering wheel misfired and I crashed into the wall, so I think back to the pits and save my energy for the second race. This was going quite well until an internet connection problem :O_o:

I quickly forget the whole thing today.

Thanks for organising tonight tonight lads:thumbsup:

@Alfred Wayne really sorry about our coming together Robert, I was so far alongside (on your left) I was hoping you'd seen me but had no room left to back out:(
it happens when racing close. I had seen you on radar inching up on my left bumper, but I'm only on a single screen, so that was my "blind spot". I planned to keep it tight, but I guess I ran a tiny bit wide and once we touched I was just a passenger. Good racing before that (and after that for me with others on the grid :thumbsup:

it happens when racing close. I had seen you on radar inching up on my left bumper, but I'm only on a single screen, so that was my "blind spot". I planned to keep it tight, but I guess I ran a tiny bit wide and once we touched I was just a passenger. Good racing before that (and after that for me with others on the grid :thumbsup:
Thanks Robert, though I just watched the replay, and from every angle I can't see us actually touching... weird, net code thing, replay not accurate??:unsure:
I'm a single screen user too, would love to have triples:inlove:

Last edited:
B6D90351-D21A-4E4B-8CB1-E9C434A3AA28.jpeg

Funny you should say that John, I have it setup very well, I can mostly run it okay, what I find difficult is the obstacles that these types of circuit Chuck at it. Sausages and chicanes , and worst of all tight chicane with sausages can and do upset it too much. I know some of it is me being an old git.

( for me it is a difficult car, but I can really set it up to go some way into subduing it )

I struggle with the brakes and subtlety of brake and accelerator application so I become vunrable in the situation like tight sausage chicanes. I’m not alone with this, the circuit choice is aimed solely at the more skilful driver, giving us old folk to try and deal with stupid obstacles, when we are ill equipped “mostly”.
I don’t expect to be any better, just have a race, not twice a lap wondering if I am going to make this chicane instead of enjoying a race and a battle with those around me.

But when we , if we ever do get a clean circuit, I can set “usually” up well, I can get it to work very well for me at least.
This is a great circuit, but the chicanes are totally stupid and worst of all completely pointless.

The end

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea