AC BTCC Round 6 @ Snetterton - Sunday 25th February 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. Next Sunday we're at Snetterton, for Round 6 of the '90s BTCC Season.

Join us!

Need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 + Abarth event earlier in the week . We also run a practice server all week for all events.

Snetterton200-11.png

• Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com #9 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com #9 - Netherlands
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 2 x 25 minute - Race
  • Qualification determines both R1 and R2 grid positions.

Cars (Ballast/Restrictor)

Event details:
  • Track: Snetterton 200
  • Pit stop: Optional
  • Track Temps: 18C air/24C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind, Optimum grip.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty
  • Fuel Rate - 70%

Useful Links:

Race Control

Recommended Apps

A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. You will get 2 warnings before a 10 second penalty for exceeding track limits to your advantage. Any warnings/penalties are displayed in the chat window at the end of each lap.

Note: Please use your full real name in Discord and in game. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify who you are.

Info on scoring/penalties here

Good first race with a happy ending for me. One more lap and Reik would probably have overtaken me.

The second one wasn't so good. Due to a misfire from either the game or the steering wheel (like on Wednesday in the Mazda) I drove straight into the wall in the first corner. Hopefully this doesn't happen more often now. Then a race full of golden rule moments. Sorry to everyone I caused distress.

But overall a good result. So everything is good! :thumbsup:

I was happy with pole and a perfect start into Race 1. Unfortunately I lost the rear under braking in the opening laps to find me back in P6. After getting into the rhythm and making the best of it, I finished in P3 behind Henri and Hank.

At the start of Race 2 I only lost one position to Henri in his BMW. I chased him as hard as possible and got my chance to pass him after maybe 8 laps or so.

I tried to open a gap but wasn't able to, because Henri kept up with my pace. For a few laps, Henri was able to watch me entering the hairpin very late for a late apex and a better exit. So when I was a bit too late there, Henri sneaked through into P1 again :thumbsup:. The rest of the race was me chasing Henri very hard. I was able to get next to him here and there but not able to pass him. Good defence mate! :thumbsup: So I finished a deserved P2 in the end.

Again two very exhausting touring car races with very tough fights - fighting with the car, the track and other great drivers!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.