Automobilista 2 | First Post Version 1 Patch Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios can never be accused of being slow out the blocks, and again the Brazilian team have been quick to address some post update issues with their first V1 release of AMS 2 - Patch 1 is now live.

Deployed quickly following yesterday's full V1 release update, the new hot fix update is a minor initial reaction to some of the key issues that have arisen since the simulation moved out of Steam Early Access status.

V1.0.0.1 Update Notes:
  • Fixed loading screen crash when joining in-progress multiplayer sessions.
  • Adjusted FFB clipping, aero & default steering ratio for Stock 2020 & corrected minor wheelbase/track width discrepancies.
  • Adjusted Ginetta G55 & G58 max FFB force to reduce clipping.
  • Bumped up SuperV8 engine output slightly to bring it closer to latest engine specs
  • Bathurst: Updated road & trackside ads textures, fixed triangulation glitch in the main road at the pitwall area.
  • Added missing Cascais loading screen.
  • Fix DRS trackside board issues at Interlagos, Kansai, Spielberg.
  • Corrected windshield water wiping animation for the Ultima GTR Road version.

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

Want help getting the best out of the simulation? Start a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community help you out!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Still thrashing Bathurst, and although still a WIP with more art passes to come etc, it's looks great in early evening light :inlove:.
Trying a combo that would possibly never happen in the real world...why, because I can :confused::O_o::roflmao:...only in AMS2...thanks to 'FeltHat' for the inspiration :thumbsup:
The Trucks are drivable around Bathurst but I found i had to use the throttle to get the back end around each corner, a real challenge but great fun when I got it right...only managed a 2:58 though :redface::)
0 AMS2 COPA TRUCK at BATHURST copy.jpg
1 AMS2 COPA TRUCK at BATHURST copy.jpg
2 AMS2 COPA TRUCK at BATHURST copy.jpg

Last edited:
Steam is being an absolute pain in the backside for me lately. Started downloading v1 yesterday. Had to go out so turned pc off, switched it back on this morning to resume it as it was almost done.....aaaand its downloading the whole lot again :thumbsdown:

More stuff I've found after a 20 minute Singleplayer race using the next-gen BR stock cars. For the record, 106% AI, 35% aggression is realistic pace.

• There's no driver network profile screen even though it's referenced in the menus. As a result there's no way to change your in-game name, unless you change your STEAM name which is annoying. When racing offline I'd prefer to use my real name since PizzaSubCombo looks incredibly stupid when every other driver on the grid has a real name.
  • In AMS 1 each car had an AI driver file attached to it, so when racing offline Rubens Barrichello would actually be in the car he drives. In AMS 2 it just uses random dev and community member names and randomly assigns them to a car for each race. Another step backwards compared to AMS 1.
  • There are settings for both Spotter and Race Engineer; I have mine set to always. Never heard a peep from either. Are these even in the game? If not, that's the second feature mentioned in the menus that doesn't actually exist (Driver Network Profile being the first).
  • Field of 23 cars at Interlagos, the track never took any rubber. Even in pC2 during shorter races you can see a line start to develop in the more aggressive corners. Never saw that here. Is this in the game?
  • The AI never appeared to use push2pass at all.
  • Someone had an online session up in the rain, never saw any puddles appear. Are these in the game?
  • Are there any Steam achievements?
  • There's no progression elements of any sort other than aimlessly do offline races and maybe join a league I guess.
  • The windshield doesn't accumulate dirt, but the dash apparently does.
Fun little game for $15 but then I look at my CC bill and see three digits and... yikes.

View attachment 385165

What a load of nit picking

@Austin Ogonoski

Exactly the review I was looking for and glad my money is still in my pocket for now, thank you.

You call that a review? Honestly some people are beyond even trying to talk to.

I'm not very happy with ams2,
I point out that I love ams1. I have tried various machines (fi classic gen1, gen2 and the newly released back) are undriveable, with the EA version (0.96) in Adelaide I made the time of 1.07.5 easily improved, now I can not drop below the time of 1.10, the car has incredible understeer when entering and exiting the curves while in the middle of the curve it becomes oversteering, undriveable, not to mention the management of the turbo which causes the tires to slide up to 4th gear. How come the same machine had 6 gears before while now it only has 5? to manage the differential you have to be an engineer, I haven't understood how it works (or if it doesn't work yet in this version). has anyone noticed these problems? maybe with other machines they are not there. For now I go back to ams1 there the machine does what it has to. Hello

Sorry to say I bought the full thing (best part of £100) and refunded it an hour later. I never got a PC2 vibe off it at all and it looks and drives great but it just doesn't bring anything new to the table. The issues I have with AMS2 are the same I have with RF2, great base game but limited options and released too early.

Everything offered by AMS2 I already have in one form or another in other sims and I couldn't see myself putting much time into it.

I may well come back to it in a year when it's fully fleshed out but I've got plenty of other driving sims to keep me busy in the meantime.

What a load of nit picking

You call that a review? Honestly some people are beyond even trying to talk to.

Dont see it as nitpicking at all. Its his personal views on the game and pointing out some genuine issues. Maybe take off the rose tinted glasses you have on for it and you would realise its not perfect....far from it.

Ive seen one video so far of the Ginettas and if they actually sound as they did in the video then something isnt right with their engine noise at all. Also i havent shared the same enthusiasm as others for this title so far. It not really got much to keep me playing in its current state.

Ok guys, back to discussing the game rather than dissing each others opinions please. If you want to refute someone's opinion with one of your own then that's perfectly fine, but we don't need to make this personal. It just leads to frustration and flame wars.

We all have our own opinions and we all share the equal right to express them, positive or negative, without being personally attacked as a result. Please try to remember that.

Pretty disappointed after my first few attempts.

The UI is an exact copy from PC2, with only a minor reskin applied. Some key bindings, especially in menu controls, are horrendous.

On track, it looks like Project Cars 2.5, with a few new cars and tracks. Visuals are alright, but the models seem unrefined. Driver models are clipping through the cars (Formula Classic Gen3 or whatever it's called for example), camera positions are "sunk" into cars, meaning that bits of car clip through your view et cetera.

Handling is definitely a major step back from Automobilista 1. The cars feel heavy, unresponsive and seem to lack grip. There's tons of understeer with the occasional sprinkling of snap oversteer out of nowhere. Not a very enjoyable driving experience so far.

Seriously contemplating a refund at this point.

Ok guys, back to discussing the game rather than dissing each others opinions please. If you want to refute someone's opinion with one of your own then that's perfectly fine, but we don't need to make this personal. It just leads to frustration and flame wars.

We all have our own opinions and we all share the equal right to express them, positive or negative, without being personally attacked as a result. Please try to remember that.
Perhaps if I type in ORANGE people will take note? I've just removed a whole host of posts made by those completely ignoring my request, and will continue to remove any further off-topic posts. Please, stay on topic and keep the discussion about AMS 2!

Still thrashing Bathurst, and although still a WIP with more art passes to come etc, it's looks great in early evening light :inlove:.
Trying a combo that would possibly never happen in the real world...why, because I can :confused::O_o::roflmao:...only in AMS2...thanks to 'FeltHat' for the inspiration :thumbsup:
The Trucks are drivable around Bathurst but I found i had to use the throttle to get the back end around each corner, a real challenge but great fun when I got it right...only managed a 2:58 though :redface::)
View attachment 385240View attachment 385241View attachment 385242

Felthat and his love of trucks....

I remember when I saw the list of cars the first time !!! but what is this !!! Fiat Uno, VW sirocco, old stock cars, a modern Beetle with a V6 etc.

I told myself but they smoked what the developers !!!!!!

And I bought the game anyway and I tried these "ssshit car" OMG its so GOOOOOOOOOD lol

OMG !!! WTF !!!! The cars are crazy !!! I love this cars, I love physics, I love to drive with them !!!! :D

Mod Edit: Do not use profanity or attempt to bypass our filters. RD is a family friendly community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Certain trolls i mean posters in here liking every single slight/big negative about AMS2. wtf is their agenda?
Stylistic choice.
Please stop it now...
->
Perhaps if I type in ORANGE people will take note? I've just removed a whole host of posts made by those completely ignoring my request, and will continue to remove any further off-topic posts. Please, stay on topic and keep the discussion about AMS 2!

Pretty disappointed after my first few attempts.

The UI is an exact copy from PC2, with only a minor reskin applied. Some key bindings, especially in menu controls, are horrendous.

On track, it looks like Project Cars 2.5, with a few new cars and tracks. Visuals are alright, but the models seem unrefined. Driver models are clipping through the cars (Formula Classic Gen3 or whatever it's called for example), camera positions are "sunk" into cars, meaning that bits of car clip through your view et cetera.

Handling is definitely a major step back from Automobilista 1. The cars feel heavy, unresponsive and seem to lack grip. There's tons of understeer with the occasional sprinkling of snap oversteer out of nowhere. Not a very enjoyable driving experience so far.

Seriously contemplating a refund at this point.
Yeah, I actually feel the same. The driving bit was really disappointing, to me it feels a lot like an improved PC2.

Don't get me wrong, I like PC2 but I just expected a different driving feel from AMS2.

One of the best things about AMS2 is Reiza's long term approach to developing the game, yes there are many issues still to be resolved but they've stated this is the start of a journey not the end of it. Those of us who joined the Beta have seen how quickly they respond to issues so I remain optimistic that they'll continue this rate of development.

That said for me I think AMS2 already provides a superb driving experience, especially in VR. I like the fact AMS2 is already fully raceable in the wet and the AI can cope with the conditions too. Sure I'd like the in cockpit lighting and animations to be fixed especially for VR but it's already known about and on the way.

The Reiza team seem to respond well to reasonable criticism so I'm sure they'll pick up on the most important things quickly.

The personal choice and perceptions about whether AMS2 or any other current game is anything like certain cars I can also understand. There are so many different perspectives about what is 'real' some based on comparison with other games, others on data and some on real-world experience of the car in question. There is no answer to this and it's what causes most of the discussion here anyway!

The good news is there are now so many similar but ever so slightly different racing games it's easy to find one or more that match your own perception of 'right' or 'real'. I no longer have time to play them all (surely near impossible) so playing the ones that I enjoy most is good enough for me.

It's the golden age of racing games in terms of choice and quality but at the same time, the level of choice has added a new problem, increasing tribalism in an already tiny gaming niche. As always on RD critical thinking is required about who is saying what about what product!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back