Automobilista 2 | First Post Version 1 Patch Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios can never be accused of being slow out the blocks, and again the Brazilian team have been quick to address some post update issues with their first V1 release of AMS 2 - Patch 1 is now live.

Deployed quickly following yesterday's full V1 release update, the new hot fix update is a minor initial reaction to some of the key issues that have arisen since the simulation moved out of Steam Early Access status.

V1.0.0.1 Update Notes:
  • Fixed loading screen crash when joining in-progress multiplayer sessions.
  • Adjusted FFB clipping, aero & default steering ratio for Stock 2020 & corrected minor wheelbase/track width discrepancies.
  • Adjusted Ginetta G55 & G58 max FFB force to reduce clipping.
  • Bumped up SuperV8 engine output slightly to bring it closer to latest engine specs
  • Bathurst: Updated road & trackside ads textures, fixed triangulation glitch in the main road at the pitwall area.
  • Added missing Cascais loading screen.
  • Fix DRS trackside board issues at Interlagos, Kansai, Spielberg.
  • Corrected windshield water wiping animation for the Ultima GTR Road version.

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

Want help getting the best out of the simulation? Start a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community help you out!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

I purchased AMS when it was on EA 9.7.0, and I tried all the cars I could in the 2 hours Steam return period. All but one car felt like I was driving on ice. Is that still the case, or has this been changed? Nothing like taking a 100hp car and being able to spin the tires like I was in a 1000HP Viper ;). This wasn't too long ago, but interested in rebuying the game since I returned it the first time.

ll but one car felt like I was driving on ice. Is that still the case, or has this been changed?
It never felt like that to me, so... yeah. Still doesn't now.

The issue was very likely that when you jump between every car you can in a two hour period, you never do enough laps to warm anything up properly. Cold tyres, cold brakes, poor handling.

It never felt like that to me, so... yeah. Still doesn't now.

The issue was very likely that when you jump between every car you can in a two hour period, you never do enough laps to warm anything up properly. Cold tyres, cold brakes, poor handling.

I totally understand what you are saying. Although I may not be a pro when it comes to sim racing I can typically tell when what you are saying is the case. Low HP cars with 1/4 or less throttle should not be spinning out with cold tires. It was a common complaint in EA from many drivers.

Last edited:
I totally understand what you are saying. Although I may not be a pro when it comes to racing I can typically tell when what you are saying is the case. Low HP cars with 1/4 or less throttle should not be spinning out with cold tires. It was a common complaint in EA from many drivers.

It was quite the opposite...

Low HP cars with 1/4 or less throttle should not be spinning out with cold tires. It was a common complaint in EA from many drivers.
Really? I must have missed that then, despite being very active on both RD and the official forums. :O_o: To be perfectly honest, I don't think this is in any way "strange" behaviour. If I can spin the tyres on my VW Caddy with ease, then I don't see why a low-powered racing car (which has a lot more power than my Caddy) would be much different.

Tyres are designed to work at an optimum temp. Outside that they lose grip. If you play AMS 2 regularly you realise grip comes after a lap or two. Simples.

It was quite the opposite...

It looks like we had different experiences, or maybe tried different cars. Can you do me a favor if you have the game. Get in the Chevette, and floor it (or even do half throttle). I have driven one of these out in the real world. Let me know if the tires spin.

You can also go here, and sort by negative reviews, and you will see that it is not only I who have mentioned this.

I want to purchase the game, but if 1.0 drives like 0.9.7 then maybe I need to rethink purchasing. I did drive one car, I wish I could remember which one, that drove great. I almost kept the game for that one car. I was not intending to get into a debate. With every game comes fans of the way it feels to drive, and those that don't. The great thing is there are other sims to keep us all happy :). Example, I liked PC2 (not as much as AC or ACC), but there are many who didn't.

Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
Really? I must have missed that then, despite being very active on both RD and the official forums. :O_o: To be perfectly honest, I don't think this is in any way "strange" behaviour. If I can spin the tyres on my VW Caddy with ease, then I don't see why a low-powered racing car (which has a lot more power than my Caddy) would be much different.

Tyres are designed to work at an optimum temp. Outside that they lose grip. If you play AMS 2 regularly you realise grip comes after a lap or two. Simples.

I do understand how tire temps and grip work ;). Better grip after a lap or two does not mean that there is NO GRIP in the first lap, Just better grip. A Chevette with cold tires from a stand still should not be able to spin the tires more than the Mustang I raced in the real world.

I did not mean for this to turn into a debate. I didn't mean to upset anyone by stating I thought the cars felt like they drove on ice. I should have stated something more like...."Is the tire feel/physics, etc the same in v1.0 as it is in 0.9.7".

It looks like we had different experiences, or maybe tried different cars. Can you do me a favor if you have the game. Get in the Chevette, and floor it (or even do half throttle). I have driven one of these out in the real world. Let me know if the tires spin.

You can also go here, and sort by negative reviews, and you will see that it is not only I who have mentioned this.

I want to purchase the game, but if 1.0 drives like 0.9.7 then maybe I need to rethink purchasing. I did drive one car, I wish I could remember which one, that drove great. I almost kept the game for that one car. I was not intending to get into a debate. With every game comes fans of the way it feels to drive, and those that don't. The great thing is there are other sims to keep us all happy :). Example, I liked PC2 (not as much as AC or ACC), but there are many who didn't.

Thanks for the input.

Tested the chevette and it has a very short first gear so yes, it can spin the tires (a bit) at full throttle from standstill.
It seems pretty reasonable to me...

Tested the chevette and it has a very short first gear so yes, it can spin the tires (a bit) at full throttle from standstill.
It seems pretty reasonable to me...

Awesome. Thanks for testing that. If it just spins a bit, then this is what I wanted to hear. There were some low HP cars in EA that could spin under at 1/4 throttle, and I think the Chevette was one of them. It looks like Reiza has made some changes, or I know how to turn the Chevette into a rocket ;).

Awesome. Thanks for testing that. If it just spins a bit, then this is what I wanted to hear. There were some low HP cars in EA that could spin under at 1/4 throttle, and I think the Chevette was one of them. It looks like Reiza has made some changes, or I know how to turn the Chevette into a rocket ;).
From the FWIW files…

I’ve enjoyed the Chevette since pretty much the beginning of early access. As such, I drove it through nearly every EA build except for 0.9.7 and 0.9.8. One or two builds prior to those, it felt like the overall grip of this car in particular just went out the window for some reason. Perhaps that behavior continued on through the time of your initial experience with it. With the release builds 1.0.0.1 and 1.0.0.2 I can say that the Chevette is close to being back to the early behavior I remember and enjoyed in EA.

They have continued to revise the tire models and various power curves a lot in the run up to 1.0 (and post) as they balanced changes across all cars with individual cars which they threw out of whack. I can't speak to that car particularly, but I've noticed improvement to most handling across the board.

They have continued to revise the tire models and various power curves a lot in the run up to 1.0 (and post) as they balanced changes across all cars with individual cars which they threw out of whack. I can't speak to that car particularly, but I've noticed improvement to most handling across the board.
Thanks for your post. I ended up rebuying it, and everything feels so much better than when I tried it out in EA. Have only been playing for a short time this evening, but everything from the tire models to FFB feels much better. Very unique experience.

I have mainly tried fclassic g1m1 and I have to say that in and up to a certain version (I don't remember which one) I was able to drive well enough, then with the subsequent versions something changed and I could no longer drive, I had to change the set-up and change the way you drive and I must say that it is not bad, record in Adelaide and I had fun. I still believe that something still needs to be refined because the machine is very powerful and not very manageable. I play AMS1 and I have to say that the way of driving is different, much easier in AMS1 until you get to the limit, when you run for the fast lap it becomes difficult even AMS1, it is the feeling that the tires the first laps have no grip I had it too, I can't understand when the tires get too hot, the design that represents them is always green

I've been playing with the formula classic and think I've found something interesting that might help you dial them in. Tire temps have to be in a sweet spot for max grip, but tire temp also effects tire pressure which changes the geometry of the tire as it heats up. I've found dropping tire pressure from ideal (default) seems to work so that when they get to the right temp the pressure is also optimal.

I may be wrong, or this may be old news for seasoned sim racers, but it might be worth a try if you haven't explored it.

I've been playing with the formula classic and think I've found something interesting that might help you dial them in. Tire temps have to be in a sweet spot for max grip, but tire temp also effects tire pressure which changes the geometry of the tire as it heats up. I've found dropping tire pressure from ideal (default) seems to work so that when they get to the right temp the pressure is also optimal.

I may be wrong, or this may be old news for seasoned sim racers, but it might be worth a try if you haven't explored it.
I can't see the tire temperatures, which button should I use? on yoytube I saw that they can be seen

If you have a dpad on your wheel and it has standard mappings then clicking left (i think) should cycle hud views. One is telemetry and has tire temps etc. If not you may have to check your bindings to figure out how to switch the hud mode.

You can also change your hud settings to edit what's displayed, but that's a tricky thing to explain so best to fiddle with that yourself. The hud editor has a reset to default button if you make a mess of it. :)

If you have a dpad on your wheel and it has standard mappings then clicking left (i think) should cycle hud views. One is telemetry and has tire temps etc. If not you may have to check your bindings to figure out how to switch the hud mode.

You can also change your hud settings to edit what's displayed, but that's a tricky thing to explain so best to fiddle with that yourself. The hud editor has a reset to default button if you make a mess of it. :)
ok, found the key now I see the telemetry and everything else.
thank you

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies