Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.1 - Preview Footage and Interview With Aris

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We take the upcoming new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione out for a spin, and talk to one of the men behind the magic, Kunos Simulazioni's @Aristotelis

This new update for Assetto Corsa Competizione comes with quite a bit of anticipation from the sim racing community... with V1.1 set to launch onto our gaming PCs chock full of new content, new features and a nice mix of new and improved fixes and enhancements for the official simulation of the Blancpain GT Series.

One of the highest profile new features for ACC is undoubtedly the introduction of triple screen support - something that has been often requested by the sim racing community, and coupled with the return of animated pit crews and plenty of new car models and a track, v1.1 is certainly set to be a favourite with sim racing fans.

As the new build release is now right around the corner, we thought it might be fun to have a spin with the upcoming version of the game while speaking with non other than Kunos physics developer, and all round nice guy, Aristotelis Vasilakos.

Catch the new video at the head of this article, and if you want to know what the new Zandvoort Circuit looks like on a fast lap, check out the RaceDepartment YouTube channel in the next couple of hours or so...

The upcoming build of Assetto Corsa Competizione will be publicly available in the very, very near future - and all for free!

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Competizione Aris Interview.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Aris Interview.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 486
If I was working at Kunos I would be so proud of what has been achieved so far with ACC.

I just finished a race at Zandvoort in VR, started 5th, finished 6, took me forever to pass the BMW in front of me, got passed by a Porsche in a previous failed attempt at passing the BMW, all that with cockpit graphic animation, track detail, weather lightning, AI, better that I have experience in any other SIM before. What we have with ACC is pure state of the art of where the SIM experience can be in 2019. if you have a visitor and he his curious of what our hobby is about, ACC is the one you want him to try.

To me, the only reason to use any other SIM at this point is to drive something else than a GT3 on a track that is not offered by ACC.
Kunos as raised the bar on what a SIM should feel like in 2019.

Early last year I had bought a 1080ti in anticipation of what a next generation SIM might require to run properly. I am very happy about my move as not only, ACC runs great for me, but all the other SIM I use, have never looked so good. If your hardware is preventing you to enjoy ACC, now is a good time to upgrade.

I know Kunos have more for us to enjoy in the future, so this is only going to get better, but they can take their time, because what I already have is going to keep this SIM racer with a wide grin for a while.

what VR headset are you using? I'm gonna try tonight to see if anything is improved.
I'm on a Valve Index and I really hate motion smoothing so I want to maintain 80fps but it's hard, even with my 2080ti.
Might upgrade my Ryzen cpu by the end of the year..

what VR headset are you using? I'm gonna try tonight to see if anything is improved.
I'm on a Valve Index and I really hate motion smoothing so I want to maintain 80fps but it's hard, even with my 2080ti.

Alright, then I'm not gonna upgrade my 1080ti now because even the flagship 2080ti cannot run the game at high settings.

I have a CV1, I run everything at Epic. One exception is mirrors, run them at 120 meters and Mid.
In practice it runs at 90 and in race 45/ASW. I do not see any difference between 90 and 45ASW, if I do not have the counter on, I cannot tell.
SInce I cannot tell, I do not care what fps it is running.
Motion Smoothing might be different than ASW, I do not know.
I am not using any {console} side settings anymore, I used to in EA, but since the second update after release, I find they bring as many issues as they try to fix, not worst meddling with in my book.

ACC looks amazing, the VR in ACC could probably be better, they all could, but no other SIM as the amazing graphic it as and the animations, gorgeous cockpits and tracks, so even if VR could ( probably) be better, the end result is still state of the art.

@azaralamouri , l am sorry, you cannot get satisfactory results with your 2080ti, I know you are not the only one, I wish I could tell you how to get there. All I can tell you is that when you get there, it is quite a treat.

Last edited:
I have a CV1, I run everything at Epic. One exception is mirrors, run them at 120 meters and Mid.
In practice it runs at 90 and in race 45/ASW. I do not see any difference between 90 and 45ASW, if I do not have the counter on, I cannot tell.
SInce I cannot tell, I do not care what fps it is running.
Motion Smoothing might be different than ASW, I do not know.
On the Index motion smoothing adds ghosting on stuff like the rear wing and side mirrors.
What AA setting are you using?

Also noticed that I only see 30 FPS in the menus and stuttering as I move about in the menus. Gameplay has also suffered by about 10-15 FPS with this update.
Cool to see the new cars etc. Love the new Porsche

I only can say wow... I don’t know what they did but now there is a superb triple support, the games runs suddenly very smooth with my setup. Triple screen setup 7680x1440 all settings to high. Can maintain almost everywhere 60fps. All settings to epic is just a tad to much for my system. Perhaps in 1080p it runs on epic but I’m happy with the high settings in 7680x1440.
Very easy to setup the triples as well. Thumbs up...:D

Better and better as time pass, just like a good wine ;)
Big improvement for me, graphics side. More clear/sharp image.
The new Porsche it is amazing (I will take one new car/day)
And thank you @kunos for listening your users (provide triple screen support) and for your hard work to improve ACC.
After this update I'm really confident the VR issues will be solved soon.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back