Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.1 - Preview Footage and Interview With Aris

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We take the upcoming new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione out for a spin, and talk to one of the men behind the magic, Kunos Simulazioni's @Aristotelis

This new update for Assetto Corsa Competizione comes with quite a bit of anticipation from the sim racing community... with V1.1 set to launch onto our gaming PCs chock full of new content, new features and a nice mix of new and improved fixes and enhancements for the official simulation of the Blancpain GT Series.

One of the highest profile new features for ACC is undoubtedly the introduction of triple screen support - something that has been often requested by the sim racing community, and coupled with the return of animated pit crews and plenty of new car models and a track, v1.1 is certainly set to be a favourite with sim racing fans.

As the new build release is now right around the corner, we thought it might be fun to have a spin with the upcoming version of the game while speaking with non other than Kunos physics developer, and all round nice guy, Aristotelis Vasilakos.

Catch the new video at the head of this article, and if you want to know what the new Zandvoort Circuit looks like on a fast lap, check out the RaceDepartment YouTube channel in the next couple of hours or so...

The upcoming build of Assetto Corsa Competizione will be publicly available in the very, very near future - and all for free!

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Competizione Aris Interview.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Aris Interview.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 486
A couple of observations:
I like ACC and the direction it's headed. So thanks Kunos.
1. It's cool that the pit crew is apparently added back in, but it appears that your pit crew is the only one shown during a pit stop which looks weird. Is there an option to only show your pit crew or all the other teams' crews?
2. Aris advises that we do an entire race weekend and not just quick races. Aris, a lot of us avoid entire race weekends because unfortunately, somewhere along the line something will go wrong and will make it a waste of time. (Game crashes, pit stop bug, etc...) I wish I could trust the game for a full race weekend. Perhaps in time.
3. Paul, it looks like you lost about 3-5 SA in the first race alone. This to me is the most unnecessary and annoying part of the game right now. Hoping this gets changed.

The new cars/paints look great. Looking forward to those.
Thanks

Really looking forward to this update, but i'm getting tired of the individual car press releases, the track press release and now this update press release. Can we just release this to the general public and get testing?

Feels more like a marketing exercise and less like a racing sim right now.

Really looking forward to this update, but i'm getting tired of the individual car press releases, the track press release and now this update press release. Can we just release this to the general public and get testing?

Feels more like a marketing exercise and less like a racing sim right now.
You must be really fun at parties.
The update drops tomorrow.
Next time we will let them know to not tease or show the upcoming content before release.

I just get the impression they are incapable of working with the Unreal Engine. I mean just look at the pit-crew and how they move, from a fully frozen state to frame-by-frame with very choppy movement and to finish it off your whole crew just teleports away in 2019?

And judging by your video, lights and shadows are still weak and flickers? I just can't wrap my head around it, I mean gone are the days and excuses of ACC being in "early access", but how much time do they need to get the basics right?

As no one else has I guess I'll say it.

That post is a insult to everyone at Kunos who've put so much effort into getting 1.1 (and previous) out for us to get to drive.

"incapable of working with the unreal engine"?

"how much time to get the basics right"?

Frankly, produce your own, self programmed racing sim and then I'll take note of anything you say...till then, you'd do well to think before you type.

A couple of observations:
I like ACC and the direction it's headed. So thanks Kunos.
1. It's cool that the pit crew is apparently added back in, but it appears that your pit crew is the only one shown during a pit stop which looks weird. Is there an option to only show your pit crew or all the other teams' crews?
2. Aris advises that we do an entire race weekend and not just quick races. Aris, a lot of us avoid entire race weekends because unfortunately, somewhere along the line something will go wrong and will make it a waste of time. (Game crashes, pit stop bug, etc...) I wish I could trust the game for a full race weekend. Perhaps in time.
3. Paul, it looks like you lost about 3-5 SA in the first race alone. This to me is the most unnecessary and annoying part of the game right now. Hoping this gets changed.

The new cars/paints look great. Looking forward to those.
Thanks
The reason I avoid offline races is because of AI ramming or just any contact in general. Now, if all you lost was some time and some damage it would be ok, but you also lose SA which is used for multiplayer ONLY.

Bad system is bad.

The reason I avoid offline races is because of AI ramming or just any contact in general. Now, if all you lost was some time and some damage it would be ok, but you also lose SA which is used for multiplayer ONLY. Bad system is bad.
Took my a while to reach that position, but - yes - it does not really make sense to have your SA rating only really count in online races and then police the only place where you can train for online racing without stepping on anyone's toes - your offline races. If you do not go online in ACC (like I do), it's basically fine, just a tad annoying. If you play online a lot, it basically kills all incentive to play offline, and that cannot be Kunos' idea, I guess.

For the past 2 months all I've been doing is Race weekends (2 Practice, 1 Quali and one 30 min race). In those two months I haven't had a single game crash. I encountered a pit bug once on rain conditions but since then it's been fixed.
Can't comment on pit bugs on dynamic weather. I don't use dynamic weather because of the likelihood of thunderstorms (which is unrealistic) but with scripted weather it works perfectly fine.

As no one else has I guess I'll say it.
That post is a insult to everyone at Kunos who've put so much effort into getting 1.1 (and previous) out for us to get to drive.
"incapable of working with the unreal engine"?
"how much time to get the basics right"?
Frankly, produce your own, self programmed racing sim and then I'll take note of anything you say...till then, you'd do well to think before you type.
No, just no, I'm not going to get into another lengthy (and frankly pointless) discussion. I only base my opinion on what I've experienced with ACC for the past 12 months and seen through various v1.1 previews, but I'm sure I'll find something to my liking in the update.

However your opinion on what I think about the game is of no importance to me. Also I don't watch your content or respond well to threats and as you wanted to make this a personal matter - why don't you get of your high horse on the official forums?

For the past 2 months all I've been doing is Race weekends (2 Practice, 1 Quali and one 30 min race). In those two months I haven't had a single game crash. I encountered a pit bug once on rain conditions but since then it's been fixed.
Can't comment on pit bugs on dynamic weather. I don't use dynamic weather because of the likelihood of thunderstorms (which is unrealistic) but with scripted weather it works perfectly fine.
I can see Aris' Point, but there is only so much time on one's hands, is there? My routine of 10 min qual and 2x30 takes up about 80 mins with save and restart etc., about all the time I have in an average week for this game. The only thing I miss is having to save on your tires, I would love to be able to set the number one has for a race/event, for my routine, 2 sets would be fine, the given five are clearly too many.

I can see Aris' Point, but there is only so much time on one's hands, is there? My routine of 10 min qual and 2x30 takes up about 80 mins with save and restart etc., about all the time I have in an average week for this game. The only thing I miss is having to save on your tires, I would love to be able to set the number one has for a race/event, for my routine, 2 sets would be fine, the given five are clearly too many.

I understand time restrictions. Fortunately for me I can do a session in one sitting, but my comment was on the fact that he said race weekends are a waste of time due to game bugs, which isn't the case.

Last edited:
No, just no, I'm not going to get into another lengthy (and frankly pointless) discussion. I only base my opinion on what I've experienced with ACC for the past 12 months and seen through various v1.1 previews, but I'm sure I'll find something to my liking in the update.

However your opinion on what I think about the game is of no importance to me. Also I don't watch your content or respond well to threats and as you wanted to make this a personal matter - why don't you get of your high horse on the official forums?
Where is the threat? He just pointed out your rudeness, it's fine to say the pit animations aren't impressive but either you don't drive it or you can't drive because it's insanely cool sim imo feels better to drive than anything.

>>31698079 The Herbie Porsche is NOT going to be included as a separate model, like I said before, it's the same Porsche Cup car that raced in 2018 with a custom bodykit, it's not a new car and it's not something we will recreate, apart from a tribute livery. I don't know how to be any clearer than this.
This is from Kunos forum
I was orginally making a joke, but this reply bothers me. Every source I read about that car specifically stated that the car had been upgraded to 991 GT3 Cup MR specifications. The changes stated on Manthey Racing's site state that the MR package includes revised suspension and aero, along with optional traction control. I originally thought the car wasn't included due to how obscure it was, but to cast it off as being the same as a standard GT3 Cup is just not accurate at all.

1) Loss of grip/aero following another car very closely: This is something I always hear about in real racing but yet to experience in any sim. This sounds exciting
Dirty Air and grip loss through car wake is done by almost every sim since the early 2000s. Nascar 2003 would make no sence without it, drafting behaviour is everything there... ISIengine can do it, even AC can do it fine.

EDIT: The really impressive thing is the advanced aero modelling for a situation, that the lead car gets a slight speed advantage, if followed very closely by another car, like it would be a longtail car. This is new indeed.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back