Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.1 - Preview Footage and Interview With Aris

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We take the upcoming new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione out for a spin, and talk to one of the men behind the magic, Kunos Simulazioni's @Aristotelis

This new update for Assetto Corsa Competizione comes with quite a bit of anticipation from the sim racing community... with V1.1 set to launch onto our gaming PCs chock full of new content, new features and a nice mix of new and improved fixes and enhancements for the official simulation of the Blancpain GT Series.

One of the highest profile new features for ACC is undoubtedly the introduction of triple screen support - something that has been often requested by the sim racing community, and coupled with the return of animated pit crews and plenty of new car models and a track, v1.1 is certainly set to be a favourite with sim racing fans.

As the new build release is now right around the corner, we thought it might be fun to have a spin with the upcoming version of the game while speaking with non other than Kunos physics developer, and all round nice guy, Aristotelis Vasilakos.

Catch the new video at the head of this article, and if you want to know what the new Zandvoort Circuit looks like on a fast lap, check out the RaceDepartment YouTube channel in the next couple of hours or so...

The upcoming build of Assetto Corsa Competizione will be publicly available in the very, very near future - and all for free!

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Competizione Aris Interview.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Aris Interview.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 486
Just tried a 10 minute custom race weekend race, did my pitstop, showed valid etc. Crossed finish line at end of race and was disqualified for some driving requirement. So this is still an issue. Kunos...what is the deal with this one? I do my fuel, tires, driver swap. Still DSQ. If this issue gets resolved then I'll be a lot happier

Anyone else having trouble loading either their Ratings or Stats page in their Driver Profile?

Someone, i know, had this issue, restart the game and wait a bit, it should show up, i think.

Thank you. I was waiting for minutes, but to no avail. Weird that it's only me with this problem. Note that I deleted menuSetting.json as advised in the changelog and when the game started up for the first time after the update, it asked me again for my profile names. I foolhardedly removed my nickname, leaving only my (original) first and surnames in, maybe I corrupted it somehow.

Anyone else?

Thank you. I was waiting for minutes, but to no avail. Weird that it's only me with this problem. Note that I deleted menuSetting.json as advised in the changelog and when the game started up for the first time after the update, it asked me again for my profile names. I foolhardedly removed my nickname, leaving only my (original) first and surnames in, maybe I corrupted it somehow.

Anyone else?

Just an update on this - it seems it was just server overload, all back to normal now.

I have looked up ACC on SteamDB and we hit a peak of 1979 users around 7pm CET, the joint-3rd highest ever for this title (after the v1.0 and v0.1 releases respectively, tied with the v0.2 release).

Usual daily peaks are around 800-900 users.

Thank you. I was waiting for minutes, but to no avail. Weird that it's only me with this problem. Note that I deleted menuSetting.json as advised in the changelog and when the game started up for the first time after the update, it asked me again for my profile names. I foolhardedly removed my nickname, leaving only my (original) first and surnames in, maybe I corrupted it somehow. Anyone else?
Didn't wait for minutes, but my profile never showed up, also in-game even four touches by AI in Spa left my SA intact, so I was probably not hooked up to the system. Maybe coincidence, but I still cannot access the rated servers, still says "no servers in your region".

It's has been a long time coming since the initial early access release but the triple screen implementation that Kunos has delivered is awesome. The cockpit view on triples is amazing and I did not notice any performance issues ... This sim is well above all the others at the moment when I comes to realism. The grip of the tires, the force feedback are fantastic. I am gonna have a hard time racing GT cars on iRacing now.

Spent a few hours in ACC tonight and i'm really impressed.

This update really changed the game for me:

Pro's:
-Triple screens (it has to be there these days) and not only is it easy to setup, but it works great. Great job!
-Performance - runs better, LOD for opponents has been turned down so that's part of it, but overall it definitely runs better and I picked up some frames
-Cars/Tracks -zandvoort is fantastic as are all the cars as you would expect from Kunos
-FFB seems to be slightly tweaked. I'd guess more horizontal influence and less dampening but its hard to tell. Very subtle. I like it, but the Porsche GT3 feels a bit odd because it's so light.
-Sounds - finally, someone has modeled the Porsche GT3 6th gear sound! Listen to onboards and you know what I mean. So impressed this detail has been added. The gold standard for audio right now in simracing. Hands down.
-Pit crew animations are great!
-AI now passes each other and crashes out randomly

Cons:
-Still could use a bit more sharpness for me, but it's very close. I'm mostly looking at that subtle fuzziness on most dashes (miles better than it was though and this is a small issue)
-I like where the FFB is at, but if I drive the Cup car (which is better now due to whatever tweaks were made), I still feel it's missing a tiny bit of feedback from rear. Not much, just a bit. No wiggles under braking or load from rear
-AI seems to be too kind to me now. Even at 90 aggressiveness they dive out of the way if I'm a jerk and dive bomb them. They also seem to keep too much distance from me.

-AI seems to be too kind to me now. Even at 90 aggressiveness they dive out of the way if I'm a jerk and dive bomb them. They also seem to keep too much distance from me.
WHOT??:confused:

Are you playing with 60 strength and 90 agression or something?
I get pit-meneuvered all the time by it, they start bumpdrafting in corners and push you away, if you're not aware (96 strength, 56 agression).

Fantastic Update to an awesome Sim:D...trying out the Triple Screen Support settings and although I do not actually use my monitor dimensions, just adjust the view to suit to what I want it to look like:) it works great.
Liking the updated 'Car Selection' area...Deja vu...modern rFactor look alike:D:rolleyes:
All in all very happy with the update...and as usual racing in the Rain is the best there is...personal opinion only:D
1 ACC TRIPLE SCREEN Support copy.jpg
2 ACC TRIPLE SCREEN Support copy.jpg
3 ACC TRIPLE SCREEN Support copy.jpg
4 ACC TRIPLE SCREEN Support CAR SELECTION copy.jpg
5 ACC TRIPLE SCREEN Support CAR SELECTION copy.jpg

I have only one 21" screen :confused:. I'm interrested about triple screen.

With this update, what do you think about performance ?

Fantastic Update to an awesome Sim:D...trying out the Triple Screen Support settings and although I do not actually use my monitor dimensions, just adjust the view to suit to what I want it to look like:) it works great.
Liking the updated 'Car Selection' area...Deja vu...modern rFactor look alike:D:rolleyes:
All in all very happy with the update...and as usual racing in the Rain is the best there is...personal opinion only:D
View attachment 331059 View attachment 331060 View attachment 331061 View attachment 331062 View attachment 331065

We know there is a true(correct) FOV calculation, but FOV is a personal preference.
If he said that fov works for him, so we shouldn't argue, can't understand those youtube comments.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back