Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.1 - Preview Footage and Interview With Aris

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We take the upcoming new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione out for a spin, and talk to one of the men behind the magic, Kunos Simulazioni's @Aristotelis

This new update for Assetto Corsa Competizione comes with quite a bit of anticipation from the sim racing community... with V1.1 set to launch onto our gaming PCs chock full of new content, new features and a nice mix of new and improved fixes and enhancements for the official simulation of the Blancpain GT Series.

One of the highest profile new features for ACC is undoubtedly the introduction of triple screen support - something that has been often requested by the sim racing community, and coupled with the return of animated pit crews and plenty of new car models and a track, v1.1 is certainly set to be a favourite with sim racing fans.

As the new build release is now right around the corner, we thought it might be fun to have a spin with the upcoming version of the game while speaking with non other than Kunos physics developer, and all round nice guy, Aristotelis Vasilakos.

Catch the new video at the head of this article, and if you want to know what the new Zandvoort Circuit looks like on a fast lap, check out the RaceDepartment YouTube channel in the next couple of hours or so...

The upcoming build of Assetto Corsa Competizione will be publicly available in the very, very near future - and all for free!

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Competizione Aris Interview.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Aris Interview.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 486
The game looks sharper on my configuration now (especially textures) and performance is pretty similar nevertheless :confused: what the heck??

Well, then i can start moaning about the rating system more now! \:D/

The new cars look great, the baseline aggressive setup und Nürburg GP of the new Aston seems not very great. The 720 is a weapon, though, also on Zandvoort...what a car...sheesh...
Did Paul reduced its graphic settings for the video? It looks better here...

It feels more "polished", dunno what's going on...should be some kind of weird hype-placebo :sneaky:

I have been preparing mentally for that since yesterday. Good to know this ultra-aggressive bug is around!
I'm not a native english speaker, so sorry, if i miss a pun, what ultra-aggressive bug?^^'

My game looks definetly more sharp in terms of textures, can't describe it, it doesn't feel played "through a curtain" anymore, also the small car preview in the menu isn't that horribly artifacted anymore...it looks a lot more like...Kartkraft...now on my system.

Not very respectful to skin makers, mate...
Also, what do you say about the black/red career car? Some "geek" seems to hack up a car there very severely.
FYI:
The custom livery editor was a planned feature, but there is no estimated release schedule for it.
What I find amazing is that people, not just you, seemed to not understand or care about what goes into a project like this. Kunos made a deal with Blancpain to create a game to represent that racing series. In doing that, Kunos is obligated to follow direct restrictions on how the game is presented in public. Car companies and race teams have a brand they will not compromise on for the general public.That is why it is hell to get licenses to replicate tracks, cars, etc. There are sponsorship and investment considerations that Kunos has to deal with. Think why you see Fanatec ad boards on race tracks in the game. MONEY.

So if you were a team and you are trying to protect your brand in this day, would you honestly let some "modder" post a skin of your car with ads for condoms, the wrong color, possibly swastikas, political views, naked children ? NOPE. And they aren't either. ACC is the game for the way things are today. Kunos chose to represent Blancpain series and just like F1 20xx where you can't mod, when the devil names the tune, you dance.

AC is great for modding, but it came about years ago when "brand" was not as important. More than likely you will never see that depth of individual modding again in a game.

not just you
you don't know me, you don't get my point, you shouldn't assume something, i didn't even say...or anyone else
So if you were a team and you are trying to protect your brand in this day, would you honestly let some "modder" post a skin of your car with ads for condoms, the wrong color, possibly swastikas, political views, naked children ? NOPE.
I hate this word, but this is whataboutism. What the hell man...
Nowhere i was speaking about a whole "load your stuff up and paint it like you want" thing. There is also a possibility of just picking a few race stripes and a sponsoring sticker.

You know?

I help you with that:
I don't care about a livery editor. My point was, there were plans for it, so don't be so offended by somebody asking for it and calm the eff down man :D
---------------------------

@mr Sw1tchblade you choose the thumbnail option :D

Last edited:
Even though I had my misgivings about the pit stop mechanism, which I admit I had my problems with, too, and really annoying if you get a dq after half of a long race because having problems with the UI in VR. I do wonder about crashes though, I haven't had one for quite some time, when do they happen to you?
Several times now, when doing a championship, right after I cross the finish line at the final lap, the race is officially over, the banner comes up for me to hit escape. This brings up the wait period which is about 2 minutes or so. Right after I hit escape, the ACC screen comes up, the audio goes into a sound loop and the game freezes. There is nothing you can do here except reboot the machine!! Of course now that this has happened, it does not register that you even ran that race. You must start it all over again.
But even if this never happened, the other shortcomings are enough to keep me from running longer races for now.

Several times now, when doing a championship, right after I cross the finish line at the final lap, the race is officially over, the banner comes up for me to hit escape. This brings up the wait period which is about 2 minutes or so. Right after I hit escape, the ACC screen comes up, the audio goes into a sound loop and the game freezes. There is nothing you can do here except reboot the machine!! Of course now that this has happened, it does not register that you even ran that race. You must start it all over again.
But even if this never happened, the other shortcomings are enough to keep me from running longer races for now.
Always do a save game before you enter the final lap?

Other than feeling good about getting great free contents(l love them all lol) and some quality of life improvements (like: Added options to turn off Ratings and/or Statistic tracking in Singleplayer.) i have some questions.

* It would be great to know which exact elements changed(and how) in Ferrari, Bentley, BMW and Nissan for 2019 season.
* or this one:
- Brake temperature influence on tyres fine tuning.
Tuning toward more powerful influence or less, faster or slower transition?

just a small hint so you don't have to reboot your machine: put the Windows Taskmanager to "always in foreground" (it's in its options) you can then kill the AC2 process from there.
Haven't had any crashes since a few versions now. Have you tried reinstalling (deleting the AC2 folder in Documents, too)?

Some more impressions....
-The textures are streaming in sharper farther away, it seems. The visual quality has improved, also the sharpening filter seems less ugly now. Trees in the distance on Spa are now better looking and less mushy.
-The new Porsche 911 GT3 Evo performs way better now, than the old one, it seems. It is easier to get on pace with it.
-The new NSX seems to be a bit faster.

the weird-hype placebo the chap before mentioned, meaning: you are so hyped, you see it better than it is. With fans like me, this bug is indeed ultra aggressive, we cannot escape it, because we want a game we already like to get even better.
Ah, yeah, legit :D

But i have to say, especially for the less mushy look and artifacts, this update is a huge step forward for me.
Much more polished, some "little" things like the fixed wipers, larger possible grid on Spa and so on...at least it shines through a bit more potential now, and if the poll would be still open, i would give it a 7 now, instead of a 6. It feels more like a finished product, somehow.
Also the new cars are high quality standard.

you don't know me, you don't get my point, you shouldn't assume something, i didn't even say...or anyone else

I hate this word, but this is whataboutism. What the hell man...
Nowhere i was speaking about a whole "load your stuff up and paint it like you want" thing. There is also a possibility of just picking a few race stripes and a sponsoring sticker.

You know?

I help you with that:
I don't care about a livery editor. My point was, there were plans for it, so don't be so offended by somebody asking for it and calm the eff down man :D
---------------------------

@mr Sw1tchblade you choose the thumbnail option :D
Tell you what, you are right I don't know you, But I do know this is Assetto Corsa Competizione and not Assetto Corsa. Maybe driving the cars and not painting the cars should be the focus. G'day mate.

What I find amazing is that people, not just you, seemed to not understand or care about what goes into a project like this. Kunos made a deal with Blancpain to create a game to represent that racing series. In doing that, Kunos is obligated to follow direct restrictions on how the game is presented in public. Car companies and race teams have a brand they will not compromise on for the general public.That is why it is hell to get licenses to replicate tracks, cars, etc. There are sponsorship and investment considerations that Kunos has to deal with. Think why you see Fanatec ad boards on race tracks in the game. MONEY.

So if you were a team and you are trying to protect your brand in this day, would you honestly let some "modder" post a skin of your car with ads for condoms, the wrong color, possibly swastikas, political views, naked children ? NOPE. And they aren't either. ACC is the game for the way things are today. Kunos chose to represent Blancpain series and just like F1 20xx where you can't mod, when the devil names the tune, you dance.

AC is great for modding, but it came about years ago when "brand" was not as important. More than likely you will never see that depth of individual modding again in a game.

All good points but Kunos never made them before release or even now. By the way even F1 official game supports custom skins, so it was rather hard to anticipate ACC would be almost as mod-adverse as R3E.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back