Assetto Corsa Competizione Update 1.01 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix Released.jpg

A new hotfix update has dropped for Assetto Corsa Competizione - addressing many of the issues found within the sim post V1 release last week.

Having come in for criticism from some corners of the community following the full 'Version 1' release of Assetto Corsa Competizione last week, Italian development team Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a substantial new update to the title in order to address some of the issues initially reported by the community.

Although very much a work-in-progress as far as further development tweaks are concerned, the new hotfix release is still a rather welcome patch to the game, and addresses several of the more pressing issues reported by the sim racing community to date.

Of the highlights from the new build, the fix for a multiplayer join crash has to be one of the most prominent notes within the change log - hopefully resolving an issue that has affected a considerable number of players to date.

Unfortunately, the troubled VR implementation within the title remains unaddressed within this latest update, and with many players who prefer using their VR headset of choice still having difficulties running the software at an acceptable performance level, one hopes Kunos will look at address this issue with a further hotfix release in the near future.

ACC V1.01 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Tweaked pit location message for accuracy.
  • Fixed wrong dynamic weather appearance during replays.
  • Enabled reverse button for the replay HUD.
  • Fixed a crash with a specific TV camera at Silverstone.
  • Fixed controller issues in Q2 and R2 sessions of Career events.
  • Fixed crash on Championship grid generation when circuit had too few pit boxes.
  • Fixed points not loading right away in Main Career page.
  • BAT shortcuts added for Oculus and SteamVR launch modes for external game start.
  • Fixed wrong physical pit entry zone at Silverstone that lead to confusing penalties.
MULTIPLAYER:
  • Fixed crash when drivers join under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed spectator mode slot assignment.
  • Fixed Silverstone short formation lap not triggering correctly.
RATINGS:
  • Fixed "too slow" (TR+CC) for tricky corners like Eau Rouge.
GRAPHICS:
  • Fixed endurance light emissive on the Lexus RC F GT3.
  • Fixed missing auxiliary lights on the Honda NSX GT3.
  • Fixed flipped mirror reflection in the Mclaren 650S GT3
  • Fixed car position offsets in the showroom.
UI:
  • Fixed preset for Fanatec Podium DD wheels.
  • Fixed various presets with wrong steer rotation values.
  • Fixed incorrect maximum opponent count in championship.
  • Removed incorrect texts mentioning early access from the user interface.
  • Fixed navigation in Setup page.
  • Fixed navigation in Main menu page.
AI
  • Increased AI minimum distance during formation laps.
AUDIO:
  • Fixed wrong audio message when the current penalty is worsen.
  • Added cut warning and drive through penalty audio messages.
  • Fixed bass frequencies/LFE not redirected/working properly for some cars.
  • Fixed gearbox compressor sound plays on some cars that don't have it.
  • Minor audio tweaks.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Version 2.0 is the new version 1.0 these days. It will get better, just treat the game as still in early access for another year.:thumbsup:
Agree. I also saw someone saying he chose "Long" for the career mode race length, but it's at 30 minutes. I guess they will increase that eventually. 30 minutes is barely enough for a short race.

Not as far as I am aware. I tried quitting after a Career free practice and a qualifying session and was reset back to the start of free practice on both occasions. There is a new UI icon to 'load saved game' but I can't see any option to save between the career sessions. If I've missed the button or option let me know!

The Career does still save progress after both races at a track or individual test event is complete, it means you have to have the time to complete the 5 sessions in one go and not experience any technical issues such as the UE4 fatal errors (I haven't seen any in Career mode since v1.01 dropped).

I am running a 25% full season in GTR2....and that is 15 years ago...has a save game feature.

I would be stuffed if I wanted to run a 100% distance season in ACC and get to the 24 hour race.....what do you do? Run for the whole 24 hours?? In GTR2 I could do the 100% races and save as I need and get back to then later. I really hope this is fixed in the future with ACC.

It seems like the bugs are hit and miss. I had a few issues with crashes on Saturday but that was it. Otherwise it has worked good for me.

I run triples with most of the GFX on high ( I do not need gfx in my sims as much as control. As long as I can see where I am going I am fine), so I have not experienced issues with VR.

This sim, though, seems to do it for me. In the last few days I have either won the race or placed on the podium, even if I have a race like last night where I came in just as the cars gridded and had to start from the pits, half a lap back.

I am beating guys I have raced with for years (and who have always been faster) and I feel confident pushing the cars to the limit. There are only two sims I use that make me feel that way: ACC and rFactor2.

I am sorry to hear about so many issues with others as it will detract from what I feel is a good sim; one that could be a go-to for many if Kunos can get the issues ironed out.

We're in critical fix territory as opposed to performance enhancements and others. For those everyone will have to be very patient and part of the ball will have gone back into Epics court and no one knows how functional or dis-functional that working relationship is. I'd give it a minimum of three months or so for a better idea of where we are as opposed to three days after release.
"Give it three months".

How about: "Release it in 3 months when it's actually ready".

And now we have no feel on the curbs and you can drive over them as much as you want due to the wingers..
Not good.

"Give it three months".

How about: "Release it in 3 months when it's actually ready".
You must know full well that if they did that there would be just as many people complaining.

Based on past experience with AC I don't think it really matters whether it's called EA or full version. We're going to get a piece of software that will change and evolve over time. There won't be a finished version of this game until they bring out the next version.

I had a good time with the sim over the long weekend, I had one crash. I feel like there's more performance to come, it said I was getting 45-60fps but it didn't always fell like it. But over all, on par with previous version in VR for me. I've already accepted that if I want a good VR experience I need more power. If I could be happy with a single screen I wouldn't have any performance issues I think.

When it comes to the UE engine, despite the teething problems, I think it was the right move. Sure it's a hog but I think it's going to give the title some longevity, it's already ahead of the game by being on next gen engines. As time goes on they can make improvements to the engine and ACC.

Bottom line is this is the best driving experience I've had to date in any sim. Its on another level compared to AC and that's saying a lot. So I can forgive all the bugs and issues for now, because nothing compares to the feeling of driving in VR in ACC.

The control section is a bitter disappointment. Kunos did not managed to provide an implementation for a custom configuration of an arbitrary wheel or a gamepad since EA 0.1. The implementation in AC is simply perfect and I can not understand, that it was not possible to transfer that solution to ACC since EA 0.1.

Cheers

I've said it before and I'll say it again "I remember when you Just got a CD with a game on it,If you had bugs they were for life" At least now we get updates and fixes.
With all the different System and Hardware configs we have it is impossible to release a game that works for everyone on release,Sad as it is there are going to be people who suffer these issues but Kunos will fix them if people stay calm,polite,report bugs and supply error logs on the official forum.

Last edited:
I had a quick go with the new update, Lexus practice around Spa, Now getting microstuttering even when fps occasionally peaks around 70, Exited game and it froze on the credits screen and i had to Alt/Tab/Delete and end the game with Task manager. Not impressed with the optimisation of this game, Ive got a Ryzen 2700, 16GB of 3000 mhz DDR4 ram and an Overclocked Vega 56 and i have to use mainly Mid with a few High settings, Can't touch anything 'Epic' I didn't even bother to try a quick race! There must be a load of refunds going on at Steam!
BTW: I did a fresh install of the game on release day including clearing out the folders from Documents and App data.

Last edited:
I had a quick go with the new update, Lexus practice around Spa, Now getting microstuttering even when fps occasionally peaks around 70, Exited game and it froze on the credits screen and i had to Alt/Tab/Delete and end the game with Task manager. Not impressed with the optimisation of this game, Ive got a Ryzen 2700, 16GB of 3000 mhz DDR4 ram and an Overclocked Vega 56 and i have to use mainly Mid with a few High settings, Can't touch anything 'Epic' I didn't even bother to try a quick race! There must be a load of refunds going on at Steam!
BTW: I did a fresh install of the game on release day including clearing out the folders from Documents and App data.
There must be something wrong.
I7-4790k@4.4 and GTX1070 here and the game runs very well for me. :O_o:

Crashed again, this time I could not use 'Ctrl + Alt + Delete' to end the task. I had to hard boot my system. I think I'll just stick with Race Room for another year. I highly doubt I will ever buy another game under the Kunos / 505 Games brand. And the kicker is, all I did was select a 'Quick Race'. The menu screen pops up and starts panning the camera at the cars and bam! Crash! I would uninstall the game but that won't fix anything. My glass is raised to those of you who aren't experiencing any problems. Either that or we have paid Kunos employees in here BOTing and lying.

Game settings on Medium with textures set to High. My PC specs are in my signature.

Hi,

I was in crash-fest land too. Last night tried a couple things and had one 2 hour gaming session without a single crash. I don't know which of the following was the crash solving culpruit, but you can try some or all of them:

- Game updated to the 1.01 hotfix
- Running the "monitor" window in windowed mode at 1920x1080 instead full screen
- Updated nVidia drivers to the latest 430.8x hotfix (released yesterday)
- Running my GTX 1070 stock (no overclock)

I did all at the same time, so I really don't know which of them solved the UE4 crashes I was plagued before.

Hope this helps. At least I can play now. VR performance and clarity is still sub par on my system tough.

My specs: R7 1700 OC 3.9Ghz, GTX 1070, 16 Gb 3200 RAM, Oculus Rift CV1

Not to be nasty to Isaac, but he seems to have quite a few issues regardless of the game he runs, so...perhaps his system has some deeper issue...

All settings on High if not higher on all the games I play

• iRacing @4K - no issues
  • Race Room @4K- only server issues, especially when using Crew Chief
  • IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban and Bodenplatte @4K - no issues
  • ArmA 3 @4K - server issues only on JSOC77.
  • Far Cry 4 and Primal @4K - no issues
  • DOOM @4K - no issues
  • Dishonored 2 @4K - no issues
  • The Witcher III @4K - no issues
  • Warframe @4K - server issues only at the end of matches.
  • ACC - crash on menu screen, crash in practice, crash in hot lap, crash on quick race, crash online, crash on title screen.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back