Assetto Corsa Competizione Update 1.01 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix Released.jpg

A new hotfix update has dropped for Assetto Corsa Competizione - addressing many of the issues found within the sim post V1 release last week.

Having come in for criticism from some corners of the community following the full 'Version 1' release of Assetto Corsa Competizione last week, Italian development team Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a substantial new update to the title in order to address some of the issues initially reported by the community.

Although very much a work-in-progress as far as further development tweaks are concerned, the new hotfix release is still a rather welcome patch to the game, and addresses several of the more pressing issues reported by the sim racing community to date.

Of the highlights from the new build, the fix for a multiplayer join crash has to be one of the most prominent notes within the change log - hopefully resolving an issue that has affected a considerable number of players to date.

Unfortunately, the troubled VR implementation within the title remains unaddressed within this latest update, and with many players who prefer using their VR headset of choice still having difficulties running the software at an acceptable performance level, one hopes Kunos will look at address this issue with a further hotfix release in the near future.

ACC V1.01 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Tweaked pit location message for accuracy.
  • Fixed wrong dynamic weather appearance during replays.
  • Enabled reverse button for the replay HUD.
  • Fixed a crash with a specific TV camera at Silverstone.
  • Fixed controller issues in Q2 and R2 sessions of Career events.
  • Fixed crash on Championship grid generation when circuit had too few pit boxes.
  • Fixed points not loading right away in Main Career page.
  • BAT shortcuts added for Oculus and SteamVR launch modes for external game start.
  • Fixed wrong physical pit entry zone at Silverstone that lead to confusing penalties.
MULTIPLAYER:
  • Fixed crash when drivers join under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed spectator mode slot assignment.
  • Fixed Silverstone short formation lap not triggering correctly.
RATINGS:
  • Fixed "too slow" (TR+CC) for tricky corners like Eau Rouge.
GRAPHICS:
  • Fixed endurance light emissive on the Lexus RC F GT3.
  • Fixed missing auxiliary lights on the Honda NSX GT3.
  • Fixed flipped mirror reflection in the Mclaren 650S GT3
  • Fixed car position offsets in the showroom.
UI:
  • Fixed preset for Fanatec Podium DD wheels.
  • Fixed various presets with wrong steer rotation values.
  • Fixed incorrect maximum opponent count in championship.
  • Removed incorrect texts mentioning early access from the user interface.
  • Fixed navigation in Setup page.
  • Fixed navigation in Main menu page.
AI
  • Increased AI minimum distance during formation laps.
AUDIO:
  • Fixed wrong audio message when the current penalty is worsen.
  • Added cut warning and drive through penalty audio messages.
  • Fixed bass frequencies/LFE not redirected/working properly for some cars.
  • Fixed gearbox compressor sound plays on some cars that don't have it.
  • Minor audio tweaks.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Wow !! What a massive improvement , Mouse support in VR :) Career mode Now has meaning, Optimised graphics. :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Yeah, i just finished a session with my pimax 5k+ : it's finally pleasent to drive with VR, it's not christal clear but it's clear enough (even with the temporal AA) to enjoy racing without eye's crying

it's a massive improvement. And yeah mouse support is very enjoyable! :D

I tried every AA and the temporal is finally, for me, the best choice in VR: Clear enough, efficient, no more shadowing behind the cars, no more eyes Breaking when i move my head when i look trees (if you know what i mean). Well done Kunos!

i'm using Pitool V1.0.1.132, 3036X2396 per eye in the steam VR control panel , smart smoothing activated, last Nvidia driver with a RTX2080ti, and this custom engine.ini:

[ConsoleVariables]
vr.RoundRobinOcclusion=1
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.TemporalAACatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
r.TemporalAADynamicSharpen=0.1
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.TemporalAASharpen=0.6
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1
r.VolumetricFog=0
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=350
r.BloomQuality=4
r.AOquality=0
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=2
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=1.7
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=16
r.ShadowQuality=4
R.DFshadowquality=1
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=512
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.SSR.quality=0
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.RHICmdBypass=0
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=2
r.LightShaftDownSampleFactor=4
r.TiledDeferredShading.MinimumCount=10
FX.AllowGPUSorting=0
r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0
[SystemSettings]
r.MaxAnisotropy=16
r.ViewDistanceScale=5
foliage.LODDistanceScale=5

i hope my English is fine ;)

Well i've gone on the Beta and my microstuttering has stopped. I think i am going to shelf this and call in from time to time to see if its improved, I fully respect Kunos wanting to push things along PC spec wise, If you want a sim that looks and plays stunning then put your hand in your pocket and get a 9900K and a 2080TI! I'm happy playing AC with Ilya and Peters shader and weather mods on my mid spec pc running silky smooth at 75fps and looking great without the UE4 checker board shaders!, Cheers.

Last edited:
hotfix 1.0.2 out of beta access and released in public channel.

v1.0.2 Changelog

GENERAL:
- The .exe now starts in "-nohmd" mode if "-vr" is not specified.
This now allows direct shortcuts with "-vr" command and reduces the number of required launch modes in Steam.
- Fixed a crash when pausing the game from the helicam.

GAMEPLAY:
- Added savegame system in Career and Championship modes.
- Savegame feature is not available in Hotlap and Hotstint mode
- Improved general .json encoding system.
- Added structure to manage multiple savegames (Single Player).
NOTE: not yet enabled in the public build.
- Added auto-saving after complete sessions in Career and Championship.
- Fixed driver stint status in savegame.
- Fixed incorrectly forced 10-minute driver stint length in championship and career.
- Fixed inaccurate session results in some savegames.
- Fixed Fanatec LEDs building in reverse order (due to a change in the Fanatec SDK).
- Updated controller presets.
- Fixes to MP replays (e.g. flickering spawned cars when the replay was shorter than the session).
- Fixes to game stability.
- Tweaks to accident/yellow-flag highlights.
- Fixed a bug of 'ghost cars' appearing in some cases in multiplayer highlights.
- Added option to customize weather for championship rounds.
NOTE: selecting "Custom" weather allows the player to customize the weather for every championship round before each event.
- Fixed end-race cameras and car positions (e.g. back from replay after end-race highlights).
- Fixed HUD disappearing after trying to play an invalid replay.
- Revised AI skill levels in Career in various difficulty settings.
- More straightforward session-end:
Added status message at the end of sessions informing the player to wait for all opponents to cross the finish line before proceeding to the next session.
- Fixed ignition turning off when killing the engine during pit stops.

UI:
- Added mouse input in VR.
- Fixed an issue with navigating the MFD in VR.
- Fixed tyre sets section being incorrectly active when wet compound was selected in the tyre and strategy windows in the Setup screen.
- Fixed incorrect title in the Championship car selection menu.

AUDIO:
- Audio communications optimization.

GRAPHICS:
- Added another AA method.
Temporal is now more effective against jaggies, while KTAA is more effective against ghosting.
- Revised steering animations on various cars to delay hands switching over too early.
- Fixed rim speed different from tyre speed.
- Fixed slow motion rim/tyre speed in replays.

MULTIPLAYER & RATINGS:
- Reduced the join lag when a new car model joins a session.
- Drivers cannot join ongoing race sessions anymore (server settings option "isRaceLocked").
- Fixed race track status not being properly reset after the race session.
- Changed the way backend systems store data, so data is still correctly saved even under high loads.
- Racecraft Rating calculations are temporarily suspended.
- Rating widget now will correctly detect reconnections. While disconnected, it will simply dissapear.
- Backend systems performance improvements.
- Advanced MP options: Fixed the slider weights for night and rain.
- Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of "clean": Users with higher SA won't see unrestricted servers anymore, unless "clean" is reduced below 50%.
- Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of "latency": Users with higher SA won't see unrestricted servers anymore, unless "clean" is reduced below 50%.
- Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of track weights, especially low values will massively rank down corresponding servers.
- Matching now (almost) ignores servers in race sessions, instead of ranking them down.
- Fixed CP servers not showing up for a number of user IP addresses.

PHYSICS & FFB:
- Force Feedback Post-Processing is now available like in the original Assetto Corsa.
Copy your "ff_post_process.ini" and associated LUTs to "Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config".

Last edited:
hotfix 1.0.2 out of beta access and released in public channel.

v1.0.2 Changelog

GENERAL:
- The .exe now starts in "-nohmd" mode if "-vr" is not specified.
This now allows direct shortcuts with "-vr" command and reduces the number of required launch modes in Steam.
- Fixed a crash when pausing the game from the helicam.

GAMEPLAY:
- Added savegame system in Career and Championship modes.
- Savegame feature is not available in Hotlap and Hotstint mode
- Improved general .json encoding system.
- Added structure to manage multiple savegames (Single Player).
NOTE: not yet enabled in the public build.
- Added auto-saving after complete sessions in Career and Championship.
- Fixed driver stint status in savegame.
- Fixed incorrectly forced 10-minute driver stint length in championship and career.
- Fixed inaccurate session results in some savegames.
- Fixed Fanatec LEDs building in reverse order (due to a change in the Fanatec SDK).
- Updated controller presets.
- Fixes to MP replays (e.g. flickering spawned cars when the replay was shorter than the session).
- Fixes to game stability.
- Tweaks to accident/yellow-flag highlights.
- Fixed a bug of 'ghost cars' appearing in some cases in multiplayer highlights.
- Added option to customize weather for championship rounds.
NOTE: selecting "Custom" weather allows the player to customize the weather for every championship round before each event.
- Fixed end-race cameras and car positions (e.g. back from replay after end-race highlights).
- Fixed HUD disappearing after trying to play an invalid replay.
- Revised AI skill levels in Career in various difficulty settings.
- More straightforward session-end:
Added status message at the end of sessions informing the player to wait for all opponents to cross the finish line before proceeding to the next session.
- Fixed ignition turning off when killing the engine during pit stops.

UI:
- Added mouse input in VR.
- Fixed an issue with navigating the MFD in VR.
- Fixed tyre sets section being incorrectly active when wet compound was selected in the tyre and strategy windows in the Setup screen.
- Fixed incorrect title in the Championship car selection menu.

AUDIO:
- Audio communications optimization.

GRAPHICS:
- Added another AA method.
Temporal is now more effective against jaggies, while KTAA is more effective against ghosting.
- Revised steering animations on various cars to delay hands switching over too early.
- Fixed rim speed different from tyre speed.
- Fixed slow motion rim/tyre speed in replays.

MULTIPLAYER & RATINGS:
- Reduced the join lag when a new car model joins a session.
- Drivers cannot join ongoing race sessions anymore (server settings option "isRaceLocked").
- Fixed race track status not being properly reset after the race session.
- Changed the way backend systems store data, so data is still correctly saved even under high loads.
- Racecraft Rating calculations are temporarily suspended.
- Rating widget now will correctly detect reconnections. While disconnected, it will simply dissapear.
- Backend systems performance improvements.
- Advanced MP options: Fixed the slider weights for night and rain.
- Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of "clean": Users with higher SA won't see unrestricted servers anymore, unless "clean" is reduced below 50%.
- Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of "latency": Users with higher SA won't see unrestricted servers anymore, unless "clean" is reduced below 50%.
- Advanced MP options: Increased the significance of track weights, especially low values will massively rank down corresponding servers.
- Matching now (almost) ignores servers in race sessions, instead of ranking them down.
- Fixed CP servers not showing up for a number of user IP addresses.

PHYSICS & FFB:
- Force Feedback Post-Processing is now available like in the original Assetto Corsa.
Copy your "ff_post_process.ini" and associated LUTs to "Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config".
Nice!
Looking forward to giving this a go tonight

"PHYSICS & FFB:
Copy your "ff_post_process.ini" and associated LUTs to "Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config""
@RasmusP
I'm waiting for your custom LUTs bro, your custom LUT for AC was awesome.

"PHYSICS & FFB:
Copy your "ff_post_process.ini" and associated LUTs to "Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config""
@RasmusP
I'm waiting for your custom LUTs bro, your custom LUT for AC was awesome.
Thanks man, wow. Seeing this made my day :)
I'm on a csw 2.5 now but when acc was in early access the deadzone was very similar. So if you'd like to be my beta tester, I'll get to it during the next weeks :)

It seems to be not useful for belt driven wheels. I tried it too and hate the outcoming FFB. Now I'm back to the "normal" ACC FFB.
Same here, belt driven Fanatec, plus in Assetto, I am using different profile, thank you CM, for different cars, mostly because of mapping but not only, for different car type, F1, Classic dog leg, etc, and with a LUT you need to stick to one setting or the LUT is off.
Would not be an issue in Competizione but all the same no need for LUT on my belt driven Fanatec. I love the FFB as is.
I found the VR, with CV1 / gtx1080ti to be better than ever with 1.02. Quite nice actually, I find it clearer in the distance, very sharp inside the cockpit, much less artifact and the photo realistic graphic makes for a very immersive VR experience for me.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 396 40.0%