Assetto Corsa Competizione Update 1.01 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix Released.jpg

A new hotfix update has dropped for Assetto Corsa Competizione - addressing many of the issues found within the sim post V1 release last week.

Having come in for criticism from some corners of the community following the full 'Version 1' release of Assetto Corsa Competizione last week, Italian development team Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a substantial new update to the title in order to address some of the issues initially reported by the community.

Although very much a work-in-progress as far as further development tweaks are concerned, the new hotfix release is still a rather welcome patch to the game, and addresses several of the more pressing issues reported by the sim racing community to date.

Of the highlights from the new build, the fix for a multiplayer join crash has to be one of the most prominent notes within the change log - hopefully resolving an issue that has affected a considerable number of players to date.

Unfortunately, the troubled VR implementation within the title remains unaddressed within this latest update, and with many players who prefer using their VR headset of choice still having difficulties running the software at an acceptable performance level, one hopes Kunos will look at address this issue with a further hotfix release in the near future.

ACC V1.01 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Tweaked pit location message for accuracy.
  • Fixed wrong dynamic weather appearance during replays.
  • Enabled reverse button for the replay HUD.
  • Fixed a crash with a specific TV camera at Silverstone.
  • Fixed controller issues in Q2 and R2 sessions of Career events.
  • Fixed crash on Championship grid generation when circuit had too few pit boxes.
  • Fixed points not loading right away in Main Career page.
  • BAT shortcuts added for Oculus and SteamVR launch modes for external game start.
  • Fixed wrong physical pit entry zone at Silverstone that lead to confusing penalties.
MULTIPLAYER:
  • Fixed crash when drivers join under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed spectator mode slot assignment.
  • Fixed Silverstone short formation lap not triggering correctly.
RATINGS:
  • Fixed "too slow" (TR+CC) for tricky corners like Eau Rouge.
GRAPHICS:
  • Fixed endurance light emissive on the Lexus RC F GT3.
  • Fixed missing auxiliary lights on the Honda NSX GT3.
  • Fixed flipped mirror reflection in the Mclaren 650S GT3
  • Fixed car position offsets in the showroom.
UI:
  • Fixed preset for Fanatec Podium DD wheels.
  • Fixed various presets with wrong steer rotation values.
  • Fixed incorrect maximum opponent count in championship.
  • Removed incorrect texts mentioning early access from the user interface.
  • Fixed navigation in Setup page.
  • Fixed navigation in Main menu page.
AI
  • Increased AI minimum distance during formation laps.
AUDIO:
  • Fixed wrong audio message when the current penalty is worsen.
  • Added cut warning and drive through penalty audio messages.
  • Fixed bass frequencies/LFE not redirected/working properly for some cars.
  • Fixed gearbox compressor sound plays on some cars that don't have it.
  • Minor audio tweaks.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Glad there are many enjoying the game. Irony is that in the second EA release they stated "Fixed no VR no buy" with a totally sub par Vr implementation. Although it generally looks good on a single screen, and the content is good, the ue3 engine imo was a poor choice considering many users with top tier hardware seems to struggle with performance issues. It seems that ue3 for many VR titles is a bit of a lemon. I for one will not be going back to give ACC a go for a very long time it seems. At least until they have it running well in VR and have the WMR issues fixed.

Crashed again, this time I could not use 'Ctrl + Alt + Delete' to end the task. I had to hard boot my system. I think I'll just stick with Race Room for another year. I highly doubt I will ever buy another game under the Kunos / 505 Games brand. And the kicker is, all I did was select a 'Quick Race'. The menu screen pops up and starts panning the camera at the cars and bam! Crash! I would uninstall the game but that won't fix anything. My glass is raised to those of you who aren't experiencing any problems. Either that or we have paid Kunos employees in here BOTing and lying.

Game settings on Medium with textures set to High. My PC specs are in my signature.
Man... your PC beats mine all over the shop, CPU, memory and card... how can you be having more issues than I am?
It really is confusing.

For me the performance is worse compared to the previous build.
The force feedback is still pretty bad with my G27. I know it's not a good wheel but in AC it was better even without the LUT thing. With Rasmus LUT, it's another world... I feel better the car in any other sim. The ffb deadzone in the middle is terrible, especially in slow corners. It is really hard to control oversteer out of the slow corners when there is no ffb in the center... :( (Even with minimum force set to the max).
I wonder if there's any solution to this, like tweaking in some .ini files or whatever.

• Deleted member 6919

And now we have no feel on the curbs and you can drive over them as much as you want due to the wingers..

Crashed again, this time I could not use 'Ctrl + Alt + Delete' to end the task. I had to hard boot my system. I think I'll just stick with Race Room for another year. I highly doubt I will ever buy another game under the Kunos / 505 Games brand. And the kicker is, all I did was select a 'Quick Race'. The menu screen pops up and starts panning the camera at the cars and bam! Crash! I would uninstall the game but that won't fix anything. My glass is raised to those of you who aren't experiencing any problems. Either that or we have paid Kunos employees in here BOTing and lying.

Game settings on Medium with textures set to High. My PC specs are in my signature.
Have faith, kunos will sort it and you'll feel like your back in a real car!

Last edited:
For me the performance is worse compared to the previous build.

We're in critical fix territory as opposed to performance enhancements and others. For those everyone will have to be very patient and part of the ball will have gone back into Epics court and no one knows how functional or dis-functional that working relationship is. I'd give it a minimum of three months or so for a better idea of where we are as opposed to three days after release.

Great stuff indeed...but am I missing something? Can you save the game during the career mode?

Not as far as I am aware. I tried quitting after a Career free practice and a qualifying session and was reset back to the start of free practice on both occasions. There is a new UI icon to 'load saved game' but I can't see any option to save between the career sessions. If I've missed the button or option let me know!

The Career does still save progress after both races at a track or individual test event is complete, it means you have to have the time to complete the 5 sessions in one go and not experience any technical issues such as the UE4 fatal errors (I haven't seen any in Career mode since v1.01 dropped).

Righto, My experience.I deleted the EA title before installing the full release and updated the nvidia drivers.

I don't do VR or multiplayer so I missed out on that calamity.

Game has never crashed on me, Looks great, sounds awesome, The FFB gives me exactly the feedback I need to drive the track without trying to grab my attention, The driving/Interaction with the track is superb. The dark setting in as I finished the last couple laps of an hour long race was a nice touch.

I thoroughly enjoy the event simulation the game provides over and above the track-day feel of AC, and I have already had numerous races that were a blast from start to finish.

Using an i5 and a 1070 from a couple of years ago I'm getting 110 fps in hotstint on Spa, approx 70-80 with a field of 16 cars. 1080p with a few things on Epic, a few things on high, mirrors set to mid.I'm happy with the compromise.

Going to adjust it so it sits around 60 and enable v-sync.

Also, No micro-stutters or input lag.

Maybe I got the wrong game....

may be you can let it,with your mention of tos and wait for someont to translate i did it sometimes,for french that can not read english
We have plenty of members here who don't speak English and I've used Google translate several times on his posts in the past and asked him to as well. Others manage to stick to our ToS regarding forum language.

I had that a couple of times with 1.0. Guess you also had this in combination with your Oculus and then suddenly the screen both in the goggles and on the 2d 'sidescreen' freezes. Since 1.01 -knock knock on hard wood- errorless (is that a word?)

it's a nice game, the cockpit is very invested (I especially liked the motion-sick camera, it's like real) but the exterior views feel very abandoned (sounds bad, camera too static and not moving), the graphics engine is very capable but wasn't taken - it could have looked as good as project cars, maybe even better

running on 780 Ti, 4790K, W7SP1. everything on highest 1080p, performance not grate but is enough

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%