A new hotfix update has dropped for Assetto Corsa Competizione - addressing many of the issues found within the sim post V1 release last week.
Having come in for criticism from some corners of the community following the full 'Version 1' release of Assetto Corsa Competizione last week, Italian development team Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a substantial new update to the title in order to address some of the issues initially reported by the community.
Although very much a work-in-progress as far as further development tweaks are concerned, the new hotfix release is still a rather welcome patch to the game, and addresses several of the more pressing issues reported by the sim racing community to date.
Of the highlights from the new build, the fix for a multiplayer join crash has to be one of the most prominent notes within the change log - hopefully resolving an issue that has affected a considerable number of players to date.
Unfortunately, the troubled VR implementation within the title remains unaddressed within this latest update, and with many players who prefer using their VR headset of choice still having difficulties running the software at an acceptable performance level, one hopes Kunos will look at address this issue with a further hotfix release in the near future.
ACC V1.01 Update Notes:
- Tweaked pit location message for accuracy.
- Fixed wrong dynamic weather appearance during replays.
- Enabled reverse button for the replay HUD.
- Fixed a crash with a specific TV camera at Silverstone.
- Fixed controller issues in Q2 and R2 sessions of Career events.
- Fixed crash on Championship grid generation when circuit had too few pit boxes.
- Fixed points not loading right away in Main Career page.
- BAT shortcuts added for Oculus and SteamVR launch modes for external game start.
- Fixed wrong physical pit entry zone at Silverstone that lead to confusing penalties.
- Fixed crash when drivers join under certain circumstances.
- Fixed spectator mode slot assignment.
- Fixed Silverstone short formation lap not triggering correctly.
- Fixed "too slow" (TR+CC) for tricky corners like Eau Rouge.
- Fixed endurance light emissive on the Lexus RC F GT3.
- Fixed missing auxiliary lights on the Honda NSX GT3.
- Fixed flipped mirror reflection in the Mclaren 650S GT3
- Fixed car position offsets in the showroom.
- Fixed preset for Fanatec Podium DD wheels.
- Fixed various presets with wrong steer rotation values.
- Fixed incorrect maximum opponent count in championship.
- Removed incorrect texts mentioning early access from the user interface.
- Fixed navigation in Setup page.
- Fixed navigation in Main menu page.
- Increased AI minimum distance during formation laps.
- Fixed wrong audio message when the current penalty is worsen.
- Added cut warning and drive through penalty audio messages.
- Fixed bass frequencies/LFE not redirected/working properly for some cars.
- Fixed gearbox compressor sound plays on some cars that don't have it.
- Minor audio tweaks.
For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!
Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!