Assetto Corsa Competizione Update 1.01 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix Released.jpg

A new hotfix update has dropped for Assetto Corsa Competizione - addressing many of the issues found within the sim post V1 release last week.

Having come in for criticism from some corners of the community following the full 'Version 1' release of Assetto Corsa Competizione last week, Italian development team Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a substantial new update to the title in order to address some of the issues initially reported by the community.

Although very much a work-in-progress as far as further development tweaks are concerned, the new hotfix release is still a rather welcome patch to the game, and addresses several of the more pressing issues reported by the sim racing community to date.

Of the highlights from the new build, the fix for a multiplayer join crash has to be one of the most prominent notes within the change log - hopefully resolving an issue that has affected a considerable number of players to date.

Unfortunately, the troubled VR implementation within the title remains unaddressed within this latest update, and with many players who prefer using their VR headset of choice still having difficulties running the software at an acceptable performance level, one hopes Kunos will look at address this issue with a further hotfix release in the near future.

ACC V1.01 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Tweaked pit location message for accuracy.
  • Fixed wrong dynamic weather appearance during replays.
  • Enabled reverse button for the replay HUD.
  • Fixed a crash with a specific TV camera at Silverstone.
  • Fixed controller issues in Q2 and R2 sessions of Career events.
  • Fixed crash on Championship grid generation when circuit had too few pit boxes.
  • Fixed points not loading right away in Main Career page.
  • BAT shortcuts added for Oculus and SteamVR launch modes for external game start.
  • Fixed wrong physical pit entry zone at Silverstone that lead to confusing penalties.
MULTIPLAYER:
  • Fixed crash when drivers join under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed spectator mode slot assignment.
  • Fixed Silverstone short formation lap not triggering correctly.
RATINGS:
  • Fixed "too slow" (TR+CC) for tricky corners like Eau Rouge.
GRAPHICS:
  • Fixed endurance light emissive on the Lexus RC F GT3.
  • Fixed missing auxiliary lights on the Honda NSX GT3.
  • Fixed flipped mirror reflection in the Mclaren 650S GT3
  • Fixed car position offsets in the showroom.
UI:
  • Fixed preset for Fanatec Podium DD wheels.
  • Fixed various presets with wrong steer rotation values.
  • Fixed incorrect maximum opponent count in championship.
  • Removed incorrect texts mentioning early access from the user interface.
  • Fixed navigation in Setup page.
  • Fixed navigation in Main menu page.
AI
  • Increased AI minimum distance during formation laps.
AUDIO:
  • Fixed wrong audio message when the current penalty is worsen.
  • Added cut warning and drive through penalty audio messages.
  • Fixed bass frequencies/LFE not redirected/working properly for some cars.
  • Fixed gearbox compressor sound plays on some cars that don't have it.
  • Minor audio tweaks.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
The road is long to 1.99.

It's my first simulation with an wheel, i'm happy with all news about this game and the passion of the members for the better or the worse.

*I dont have triple screen, VR and i play to ACC on the cloud.

Last edited:
For all it's issues I am loving the sim. V1.01 has solved a few bugs I experienced.
Performance for me is good now with only mirrors dropped down from Epic.
1440p with 9700k & 2080ti is being put through its paces though.

Hope everyone get some issues fixed here as clearly reading the community voice there is a willingness for it to be a good release. "They don't boo nobody's" I guess....

Last edited:
Good to see the rating system now seems much more consistent for both Cornering and Consistency, I've increased quite a few points in both since v1.01 and I'm driving the same times and lines as before. Strangely the game told me I'd achieved a Gold driver rating as my scores increased, they increased further again and I got a message saying I had decreased to Silver. I've no idea how that works but it doesn't seem to impact enjoying the game.

Shame the career mode save didn't make it to this update. Career can wait until that is changed.

1440p with 9700k & 2080ti is being put through its paces though.
I'm running an i5 with a 970 and it's a struggle trying to find the sweet spot between frame rate and half decent graphics. I guess my PC is a dinosaur at this point.. begs the question if they're planning to port this to console, which I assume they are at some point, how would it run on original Xbox One/PS4?

I don't run triples but from the update the launch option for "no hmd" used for triples or so I thought, seems to have been removed?

YAY!!! Replay Silverstone fixed. I drive mainly for hot lapping and racing against AI, so for me, it is perfect. For anyone concerned about driving with a gamepad/controller; I use XBox One Controller and it drives like a dream on default settings, vibration, steering, its all there. I am a very happy chappie!

Crashed again, this time I could not use 'Ctrl + Alt + Delete' to end the task. I had to hard boot my system. I think I'll just stick with Race Room for another year. I highly doubt I will ever buy another game under the Kunos / 505 Games brand. And the kicker is, all I did was select a 'Quick Race'. The menu screen pops up and starts panning the camera at the cars and bam! Crash! I would uninstall the game but that won't fix anything. My glass is raised to those of you who aren't experiencing any problems. Either that or we have paid Kunos employees in here BOTing and lying.

Game settings on Medium with textures set to High. My PC specs are in my signature.

I havent had any crashing issues at all thank god, but I am one of the few that are having a issue with sub par vr performance. So this hotfix doesnt help me much. But I will say that vr aside this game feels fantastic behind the wheel. I cant wait till they ( if they) get the vr situation sorted out.

YAY!!! Replay Silverstone fixed. I drive mainly for hot lapping and racing against AI, so for me, it is perfect. For anyone concerned about driving with a gamepad/controller; I use XBox One Controller and it drives like a dream on default settings, vibration, steering, its all there. I am a very happy chappie!
i´m to driving with controller and as u say its damn good steering

Crashed again, this time I could not use 'Ctrl + Alt + Delete' to end the task. I had to hard boot my system. I think I'll just stick with Race Room for another year. I highly doubt I will ever buy another game under the Kunos / 505 Games brand. And the kicker is, all I did was select a 'Quick Race'. The menu screen pops up and starts panning the camera at the cars and bam! Crash! I would uninstall the game but that won't fix anything. My glass is raised to those of you who aren't experiencing any problems. Either that or we have paid Kunos employees in here BOTing and lying.

Game settings on Medium with textures set to High. My PC specs are in my signature.
if u had this normaly if u wait for 2 mins u came back on desk no need to kill your machine

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%