Assetto Corsa Competizione Update 1.01 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix Released.jpg

A new hotfix update has dropped for Assetto Corsa Competizione - addressing many of the issues found within the sim post V1 release last week.

Having come in for criticism from some corners of the community following the full 'Version 1' release of Assetto Corsa Competizione last week, Italian development team Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a substantial new update to the title in order to address some of the issues initially reported by the community.

Although very much a work-in-progress as far as further development tweaks are concerned, the new hotfix release is still a rather welcome patch to the game, and addresses several of the more pressing issues reported by the sim racing community to date.

Of the highlights from the new build, the fix for a multiplayer join crash has to be one of the most prominent notes within the change log - hopefully resolving an issue that has affected a considerable number of players to date.

Unfortunately, the troubled VR implementation within the title remains unaddressed within this latest update, and with many players who prefer using their VR headset of choice still having difficulties running the software at an acceptable performance level, one hopes Kunos will look at address this issue with a further hotfix release in the near future.

ACC V1.01 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Tweaked pit location message for accuracy.
  • Fixed wrong dynamic weather appearance during replays.
  • Enabled reverse button for the replay HUD.
  • Fixed a crash with a specific TV camera at Silverstone.
  • Fixed controller issues in Q2 and R2 sessions of Career events.
  • Fixed crash on Championship grid generation when circuit had too few pit boxes.
  • Fixed points not loading right away in Main Career page.
  • BAT shortcuts added for Oculus and SteamVR launch modes for external game start.
  • Fixed wrong physical pit entry zone at Silverstone that lead to confusing penalties.
MULTIPLAYER:
  • Fixed crash when drivers join under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed spectator mode slot assignment.
  • Fixed Silverstone short formation lap not triggering correctly.
RATINGS:
  • Fixed "too slow" (TR+CC) for tricky corners like Eau Rouge.
GRAPHICS:
  • Fixed endurance light emissive on the Lexus RC F GT3.
  • Fixed missing auxiliary lights on the Honda NSX GT3.
  • Fixed flipped mirror reflection in the Mclaren 650S GT3
  • Fixed car position offsets in the showroom.
UI:
  • Fixed preset for Fanatec Podium DD wheels.
  • Fixed various presets with wrong steer rotation values.
  • Fixed incorrect maximum opponent count in championship.
  • Removed incorrect texts mentioning early access from the user interface.
  • Fixed navigation in Setup page.
  • Fixed navigation in Main menu page.
AI
  • Increased AI minimum distance during formation laps.
AUDIO:
  • Fixed wrong audio message when the current penalty is worsen.
  • Added cut warning and drive through penalty audio messages.
  • Fixed bass frequencies/LFE not redirected/working properly for some cars.
  • Fixed gearbox compressor sound plays on some cars that don't have it.
  • Minor audio tweaks.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

just my 5 cents (from a offline, 1 scrren player)

the pros:
-is the driving himself is fun
- i have no issues with crashes or performance (ryzen 2700x, Gtx 1070 OC, T300)

the cons:
-the career mode is .... poor and for me sensless, because at medium level i am way to fast, but at the hard/fast level i have absolutly no chance. There is one difficulty between missing.

- i tried to start my own created championship: No matter if i choose 2 free practice sessions or not, i have to drive the second. ok no problem. But i drive the qualifing and after that i always start 1st ? WTF

The player car seems to have an advantage during pitstops, at Brands Hatch it works out at about 3 seconds in favour of the player car. The video is there for those who prefer that to the explanation below. entry line to pit exit line the player car gains 3.2 seconds during the pitstop. The AI cars are capped at 46.2kmh on the pit limiter where the player car is capped at 47.9kmh.

This was a Championship race vs 29 AI I was confused as to how I ended up winning this race so took a look at the replay. I had been evenly matched with the leading AI car which was running about 0.3s ahead of me before the pitstops. After the pitstop (AI pitted on Lap 3, me on Lap 4) I was well ahead and couldn't work out why - my in lap was no faster than before. All the time difference was made during the pitstop. This was also run with penalties set to on so really I should have had a penalty for crossing the pit entry line too quickly but currently the game seems to manage that. With pit entry matched as closely as possible, after the stop, I cross the pit speed limit sign at 57 seconds, the AI just after 1minute and the same 1.01 seconds for my car at the pit exit line vs the AI at 1.04.2.

Thought I'd share this here in case others encounter similar confusion. I appreciate the absolute attention to detail Kunos have added to the car steering feel and feedback, the in-cockpit graphics and awesome sound. It's a bit disappointing this simulation rigour doesn't seem to extend to the wider gameplay.

Other tracks may be different but at Brands Hatch there is a definite advantage for the player at this time.

Nothing wrong with my system mate, V1.0 ran pretty nice and smooth with good FPS, V1.01 doesn't run as nice. Going to do another fresh install.
I was not talking about your system mate cause it should be much more better perform than mine. Something most be going wrong with the update. I was joining the beta brunch after a full reinstall of the game and version 1.0.1 performs in the same way like version 1.0. Just without any UE4 crashes.

Greets After_Midnight

All settings on High if not higher on all the games I play

• iRacing @4K - no issues
  • Race Room @4K- only server issues, especially when using Crew Chief
  • IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban and Bodenplatte @4K - no issues
  • ArmA 3 @4K - server issues only on JSOC77.
  • Far Cry 4 and Primal @4K - no issues
  • DOOM @4K - no issues
  • Dishonored 2 @4K - no issues
  • The Witcher III @4K - no issues
  • Warframe @4K - server issues only at the end of matches.
  • ACC - crash on menu screen, crash in practice, crash in hot lap, crash on quick race, crash online, crash on title screen.

I'm sorry, but something must be wrong with your installation.
Mod Edit: offensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was not talking about your system mate cause it should be much more better perform than mine. Something most be going wrong with the update. I was joining the beta brunch after a full reinstall of the game and version 1.0.1 performs in the same way like version 1.0. Just without any UE4 crashes.

Greets After_Midnight
Ah, Ok mate, My apologies, Cheers.

I'm sorry, but something must be wrong with your installation.
Mod Edit:offensive.

Take a look around the official forum, you'll see multiple crash/freeze reports. Good for you if you're not having any issues but the game is a bug ridden mess and unplayable for me too at the moment with all these freezes

Last edited by a moderator:
Blancpain, its more like arsepain. It looks and sounds great but as for trying to play it without it crashing or some other anoying glitch, good luck. I was DQ for speeding in pits at 18mph in 1st gear during a half hour endurance race in career mode twice (started again). Wont be touching it for a while, its not worth the hassle.

[QUOTE = "ACHIM KAULHAUSEN, post: 2984189, member: 537017"] Why can not you suddenly select the Audi and the Nissan in career mode ??? **** ... [/ QUOTE]

One must change the category at the top of the screen. It defaults to either Sprint or Endurance

Well, that didn't work either. The problems have now worsened. For example, just moving the cursor around the menu is laggy. You cannot select 'Options'. You cannot even select 'Exit'. You cannot select 'Career' or 'Events'. All you can do is select the last mode you played. And then you cannot even select 'START SESSION'. Keep in mind, my specs in my signature and this is on an SSD drive now as opposed to my 'HDD'.

Very happy since this release, my problems are gone. Yesterday made several online races on public servers and zero crashes. Today the same. The use of CPU is less intensive too, big new. The fps are good as they were on 1.0. Please fix the other players problems but don`t mess with this release Kunos :) The only thing, a little one, sometimes I lost the HUD information going to race. It`s not frequent but it happens sometimes.

Otherwise is a bless to my eyes and emotions by now.

specs: i5-9600k RTX 2070 16gb 3000Mhz 1440p 32"

Restarted the PC, again, and got in to the game this time. I picked Practice > Start Session and of course *drum roll*

View attachment 309082
I'd say something on the official forums. Something in your log files must point towards some sort of combination of hardware or software that are causing you this many issues.
I'm not having any of this. And I have a lower spec PC...
As I said before, confusing you're having so many issues with better hardware, maybe it's time to ask for help from Kunos by sending in log files and advising them of the issues. Constantly telling us here isn't going to solve anything for you I'm afraid.

LOL that sound is so brutal. Had some fun in a random online race. I need a better CPU though, this game looks good. Can only cranck it open in replay (CPU= 4690k = bottleneck + Nvidia 1080GTX)

Maybe you could find a cheap, used 4790k to give yourself a decent upgrade?
Could even sell your old chip to fund it. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately with my board and CPU I'm at the top of my upgrade path, i7 3770k, but the CPU seems to be handling ACC ok with 19 AI, will try cranking it up later but I mainly race online so it's not being taxed as much as single player.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back