Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP

Assetto Corsa Competizione | GT4 Pack DLC Review (Video)

I know this is heresy, and I'll be castigated, but I just get bored playing ACC.
AC is awesome because of its diversity along with the sim related aspects.
ACC needs more to get me interested, adding more GT cars isn't going to do it.
I'll hope and pray GT1 OR LMP cars are added.

It's not heresy, its just off topic (in this specific thread).

...however it is to be noted that multi-class racing is not included in the offline single player portion of the simulation.

Why, Kunos?
You hereby made the concerned DLC-package an instant show stopper for me.
I simply don't get the point.

Kunos should read the recent RD Forum thread about tons of reasons for why not doing online racing and threads on why older sims like GTR2 and rF1 (and AC) are still very much alive.

Moreover I don't get the point of a 'fixed setup' in (online) mixed classes.

I smell Kunos going the SMS beaten path. I hope this is not true.

Pappa_G_27

AU Racing Club Staff
Staff
Premium
Looking forward to testing the new cars! Just wish we had more tracks to race on. Oh and please with the money you make from this, fix the damn netcode!!!

when license dictate what can and cant do with your game, irl sro gt3 and gt4 cars never race at the same time, this its like the "lock" from ferrari with the F1 cars in ac :whistling:

all guys complaint about multiclass pretty sure they prefer to watch futbol instead of a full race lenght :D

when license dictate what can and cant do with your game, irl sro gt3 and gt4 cars never race at the same time, this its like the "lock" from ferrari with the F1 cars in ac :whistling:

all guys complaint about multiclass pretty sure they prefer to watch futbol instead of a full race lenght :D

British GT is SRO run and is multiclass so I hope they'll add this when the British Pack comes

Pappa_G_27

AU Racing Club Staff
Staff
Premium
So whats wrong with the netcode ?
Not particularly bad if everyone has low ping, but as soon as ping even goes above 100ms cars start surging, going sideways around corners, its horrible, especially when compared to AMS and rfactor2. It makes racing properly against people from other continents nearly impossible (and certainly not enjoyable).
It would nearly be the perfect sim if this was fixed.

Not particularly bad if everyone has low ping, but as soon as ping even goes above 100ms cars start surging, going sideways around corners, its horrible, especially when compared to AMS and rfactor2. It makes racing properly against people from other continents nearly impossible (and certainly not enjoyable).
It would nearly be the perfect sim if this was fixed.
Ping is not the problem, back and forth happens with low ping as well, it's just bad netcode.

How am I to soften up the missus to spend cash on a DLC on launch day, when I don't know the price beforehand?
I was hoping to get at least 24hrs notice / grovelling / suck up time :(

So then why is multiclass allowed in multiplayer? Why doesn't the IGTC content allow multiclass when those events are multiclass in real life?

See you criticize people who play offline for wanting the same options as online racers. Not MORE options, but the same. When you do that and you make a personal insult about those of us not even watching motorsport when you yourself don't even seem to be aware of the actual cars on track in a series ACC is covering it just makes you look like an ass AND an idiot.

But yeah, the artificial limits placed on offline custom races is disappointing. Wish we had the freedom of AC1's custom grids back.

Maybe because AI is fine-tuned for GT3 now, and putting GT4 among them might break things? Or is it some weird licensing issue?

If licensing, why they are allowed in MP then. Would assume it's AI limitation

AC1 AI didn't handle multi-class well (or even single class, originally) in a very long time, still people bought and praised it. Dunno, I mean sure it would be nice but saying "I'll pass then" for otherwise great content with top notch 3D models and audio (and likely very affordable price), is hyperbole.

What's wrong with GT4-only races, there's plenty of grid variety here

At least people can race online against GT4, without owning them. That's step above what AC1 had, yet some people find the only reason to be negative about this

Last edited: