Assetto Corsa Competizione: Build 1.06 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Update 1.06 Torcano.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released a new update for Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Working at a solid pace in order to address some of the more prominent issues that have occurred with Assetto Corsa Competizione since the simulation first hit V1 release status back at the end of May, Kunos Simulazioni have once again deployed the update magic - releasing build 1.06 to Steam a few short hours ago.

Full update notes from the new build can be seen below.

Build 1.06 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Fixed a potential crash when resuming career and championship.
  • Added first implementation of blue flags during qualifications.
  • Tweaked MP highlights to avoid unnecessary out-of-track highlights.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Sprint Race driver assignment now matches real-life rules. (Drivers are designated to Q1, Q2, R1, and R2 based on license).
UI:
  • Added chat window on Multiplayer menu screens.
  • Fixed a bug where the player could remain stuck in the podium animation sequence when using VR.
  • Fixed wrong default tyre set when opening MFD pitstop page without going to setup before the session.
  • Fixed MFD not updating in non-interactive phases.
  • Removed engine repair option from MFD.
  • Relocated "lock to horizon" setting from video settings to view/camera settings page.
  • Now possible to save driver profile with a blank nickname.
  • All setup strategies start from 0 litres of fuel instead of 2.
  • MFD now correctly shows 0 fuel to add from pit strategy.
  • Player now receives alert of pitlane speeding in real time, not at the end of the pitlane.
  • Disabled an obsolete PP effect that resulted in heavy GPU load in the user interface with ultra-high resolutions.
  • Pit window message now includes a timer with time left until it closes.
AUDIO:
  • Reworked audio bank loading logic.
  • Reworked pitlane audio listener priority.
  • Improved exterior and blow-off valve sounds for Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Volume level minor tweaks
RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
  • Server admins can assign a free formation lap (without limiter) via /manual start during the wait time.
  • Private servers can set up a full formation lap via "shortFormationLap": 0 in the settings.json.
  • "Setup" cannot be selected as Spectator.
  • Fixed Pit MFD page not always visible in driver swap scenarios.
  • Improved timing accuracy in driver swap scenarios.
  • Session overtime will now be skipped in more clever ways.
  • Fixed HUD disappearing under certain circumstances.
PHYSICS:
  • Fixed Mercedes-AMG GT3 excessive fuel consumption.
  • Fixed setup UI showing excessive blistering and graining values.
  • Fixed aggressive setup selection for Porsche GT3 at Nurburgring.
  • Fixed Mercedes GT3 brands hatch aggressive setup TC, ABS and ECU values.
  • Bentley 2018 ECU is not zero-based (starts from 1).
  • Porsche 991 GT3 R ECU maps between wet and aggressive setup corrected (now inverted).
Screenshot Credit: Torcano
Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Yep, tried some ancient voodoo techniques too
To be honest I am sitting and waiting now, happened the same with some other Unreal based games after a dozen of patches they started to work again...
Is that a server CPU in your signature...Xeon x5680...gaming on a server CPU is that possible...I remember reading something years ago when I was getting a new PC build....not to Game on Server CPU's....just another avenue of thought:D:D

There isn't a reason or better...I can't find one.
Before V1.0 I was able to race but now, no matter what (I tried everything) it freezes or crash....

You use some rather unorthodox hardware. I remember in some of the latest beta builds even small bugs could make their way into one of the beta builds that caused crashes for people who were on slightly older Intel i5 CPUs.
Those crashes were immediately addressed within the beta development and were released with the full release.

If you run a Xeon x5680 CPU, make sure to zip up your log files and open a proper support ticket on the Kunos forum.

You may not get a response on it but at the very least you will make the devs aware of any potential problem with such hardware and with luck (if the crashes are related to this of course) in due course you may get a fix.

Although the Kunos devs have all their hands full they sure take notice and if possible fix such issues (I have seen very few game dev studios over the years with such a hands on work attitude, even working on beta releases through Steam and responding on the official forum on WEEKENDS and during the general holiday season in central Europe).

I hope you can get ACC running again soon, it is very much worth spending time with.

Hi guys,

today i continued my championship @Paul Ricard
It was an endurance race which i set for 1hour.
In the race i was forced to do a driver swap every 10 minutes (this IS a bug isn´t it ?) So i had 6 stints BUT the AI did not. I believe the AI was 3 or 4 times at the box..... WTF :confused:
This i definetly the next championship braker :mad: I just thrown away another hour of my time :laugh:
Kunos you made this fascinating game which makes so much fun to drive, but this game is NEVER at the status to be realeased as 1.0 version. No way..... we have already 1.6 and in someways the game is still beta :(
I am frustrated - next Assetto Game game i will buy 1 year later :devilish:

sorry for my english;)

Time to … smoke a cigarette … watch an episode of Matlock

… have a cup of tee … and then head to the Kunos forum and open a support ticket (if this is not already known).

Is that a server CPU in your signature...Xeon x5680...gaming on a server CPU is that possible...I remember reading something years ago when I was getting a new PC build....not to Game on Server CPU's....just another avenue of thought:D:D
You use some rather unorthodox hardware. I remember in some of the latest beta builds even small bugs could make their way into one of the beta builds that caused crashes for people who were on slightly older Intel i5 CPUs.
Those crashes were immediately addressed within the beta development and were released with the full release.

If you run a Xeon x5680 CPU, make sure to zip up your log files and open a proper support ticket on the Kunos forum.

You may not get a response on it but at the very least you will make the devs aware of any potential problem with such hardware and with luck (if the crashes are related to this of course) in due course you may get a fix.

Although the Kunos devs have all their hands full they sure take notice and if possible fix such issues (I have seen very few game dev studios over the years with such a hands on work attitude, even working on beta releases through Steam and responding on the official forum on WEEKENDS and during the general holiday season in central Europe).

I hope you can get ACC running again soon, it is very much worth spending time with.

Hehe that Xeon is a beast and still kicking hard, perfect for gaming, 6 cores and running at 3.5-4,5 :D proud of it!
You guys should see it in action with ArmA3 or other titles very CPU intensive.
Btw, thanks for the advices, I haven't much time for racing so I can wait for a reply by Kunos without hurry ;)

Last edited:
Don’t all of the cars in this series use paddles anyway? Usually I agree that I like to be able to move without remapping from paddles to sequential Shifter in other sims that cover a wider range of cars. But ACC only simulates GT3s so it doesn’t seem necessary to me.
Oh, thanks for the information:redface::redface:...as I was not really thinking that all the GT3 cars used Paddles only....but I have my Sequential Shifter -TSS set up as I like the feel and immersion it gives me, even though it's not legitimate.:)

• Deleted member 205301

blablabla
(yep, a strange comment, but honestly talkin' in a fanboys/haters thread is it better ?)
@++

Hehe that Xeon is a beast and still kicking hard, perfect for gaming, 6 cores and running at 3.5-4,5 :D proud of it!
You guys should see it in action with ArmA3 or other titles very CPU intensive.
Btw, thanks for the advices, I haven't much time for racing so I can wait for a reply by Kunos without hurry ;)
I'm also a proud owner of Xeon X5660 clocked at 4.4 ghz and i have to say its a monster.

Hi guys,

today i continued my championship @Paul Ricard
It was an endurance race which i set for 1hour.
In the race i was forced to do a driver swap every 10 minutes (this IS a bug isn´t it ?) So i had 6 stints BUT the AI did not. I believe the AI was 3 or 4 times at the box.....
This i definetly the next championship braker

You are correct Kevin, the driver stint time is 10 minutes regardless of the race length there is no time scaling with race length and it makes little sense. I posted this up in another thread but there are so many ACC threads the information gets lost. 20-minute race = 1 stop), 30 minutes race = 3 stops, 1 hour = 6 stops, the final 3-hour race which I started but gave up on requires 18 stops (probably 17 with the added time of the pit stops) and there is no flow to the race.

Unfortunately, the Career mode isn't really worth playing at the moment. A few things I noticed:

- The AI does not seem to follow the same stint length rules or the timing screen get confused.
- The race timing screen are often wrong - cars that were running last were recorded as first later in the race (especially a problem if lapped)
- The race results recorded me as last despite the fact I lapped the entire field (I was stuck with normal difficulty which is unchangeable). My driver was shown as the winner on the podium screen and recorded as last in the timing screen and no driver points were awarded.
- The AI makes strange pit stop decisions such as stopping on the last lap. I don't think AI strategy has been enabled in any meaningful way for longer races.
- The player car travels faster down the pitlane than the AI cars on the pit limiter. The player car can pas through ghosted AI cars at any point in the pit entry, pit lane and pit exit (before the track entry white line).
- the Career AI is woefully slow in the wet races (walking pace).

The kindest thing I can say is that not much effort has been applied to career mode.

On the other hand, single races are satisfying and a good race experience can be created with a bit of effort - finding out the right AI strength to give you a good race etc.

I find It's better to focus on the quality of the ACC GT3 driving experience at this stage.
If you want a great single-player career mode I suggest F1 2019 which is utterly brilliant, of course the driving model isn't a match for ACC, but the racing is good, the AI battle well, wet/dry transition is surprisingly good and the car development throughout the season is the best I've seen in a racing game (only Motorsport Manager is more detailed).

The best thing about current racing games is that we have so many choices. ACC for GT3 technical driving excellence, F1 2017-19 for career mode, Forza Horizon for fun etc.

I too hope ACC career mode improves but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for that!

On the other hand, single races are satisfying and a good race experience can be created with a bit of effort - finding out the right AI strength to give you a good race etc.
+1
I'm slowly approaching the point where the gaming experience in single races is perfect for me, atm 88% strength and 90% aggressiveness, but i'll probably up that still a little in weeks to come. AI is absolutely fun to play once you've dialled in your personal level / preferences and keep out the surprising stuff (i.e. weather changes) to keep them from making stupid moves, like the 2nd Nürburg GP race in season mode where the forecast says heavy rain and all the AI still pick slicks at start, so once they pit (three laps) you (having picked wets and nursed them through three semi-wet laps) are all alone at the front :)
I wonder at which point of aggressiveness the AI start crashing each other out so one might actually come across a genuine safety car or FCY situation. Anyone know?

+1
I'm slowly approaching the point where the gaming experience in single races is perfect for me, atm 88% strength and 90% aggressiveness, but i'll probably up that still a little in weeks to come. AI is absolutely fun to play once you've dialled in your personal level / preferences and keep out the surprising stuff (i.e. weather changes) to keep them from making stupid moves, like the 2nd Nürburg GP race in season mode where the forecast says heavy rain and all the AI still pick slicks at start, so once they pit (three laps) you (having picked wets and nursed them through three semi-wet laps) are all alone at the front :)
I wonder at which point of aggressiveness the AI start crashing each other out so one might actually come across a genuine safety car or FCY situation. Anyone know?
I suspect it's not even implemented; anyone ever seen a DNF for the AI?

@thepharcyde : Since "crashing" does not mean "out of the race"....no. But I've seen them run out of fuel and therefore DNF.

For the most part I would second @Eckhart von Glan s view. The problem I had with the AI is that the level of strength is not transported to other tracks or other sessions even.

On one race weekends practice and qualy I struggled to keep up with a 90% AI and qualified third last. I think it was Monza. In the following race I nearly lapped the whole field. Is AI behaviour different in those two situations? I mean, I also behave differently on a one lap shootout than an endurance race, but I found the difference quite drastic.

Secondly 88% or 90% AI strength does not necessarily translate in the same AI strength on different tracks. At least this is my perception. Therefore it is sometimes difficult to set appropriate AI strength for different tracks and I needed some trial and error. Maybe a part of that is also me being stronger or weaker on different tracks, who knows.

Third: No matter how I set Aggression in the AI settings, the following AI car tends to divebomb at chicane. Tried from 15% to 90% to the same result. Stefano pointed me towards changing lines during braking. I have to review this in my replays. I found it hard though to take a tight line through Zolders first chicane without cluttering over the high kerbs and losing the place anyway.

@DrRob I agree, the AI strength level problem between sessions is also part of the career mode. In career mode, the AI cars are fastest in free practice, 2-3 seconds slower in all qualifying sessions and then slightly slower again during the race. As you say this makes finding the right difficulty level tricky and a track to track experiment.

I know track familiarity plays a big part in difficulty settings for me. In F1 19 I have to change the AI ability by as much as 5% for tracks I'm most/least familiar with to get consistent racing. It's good that F1 allows the difficulty change between individual sessions to help with this.

In the wet the ACC difficulty level is even more difficult to balance. They are either way too slow or impossibly fast. I realise this isn't something unique to ACC, I also tend to find the same issue with most racing games once there is a wet/dry transition on the track I either win easily or can get nowhere near the AI.

I agree on some AI behaviours and they can definitely be 'dissuaded' from overtaking by track positioning but it does feel a bit like cheating to me. If I block the centre of the track or a corner entry I notice the AI car will drop back significantly and usually does not recover the ground. I notice if I make an overtake and the nose of my car is clearly ahead the AI (90 aggro) give space. Equally, if the AI car gets ahead just before the corner entry they leave space. The problem seems to be if the AI is directly alongside or slightly behind at the turn-in point, then it's as if my car doesn't exist and they just take their usual line with no consideration that the player car is there. 95% of the time the AI are good to race against but it is noticeable when they misbehave a bit.

On the plus side I like the fact I seem to be able to hassle the AI into mistakes by following closely. I say seem to because that's how it feels though I'm not sure if that is actually the case or if I'm just seeing that story!

@MarkR cheers for the insight. Interesting to read similar experiences, so it's not just my mind playing tricks.

So far I have not raced in the rain too much, still trying to up my consistency on a dry track on some venues. ;) (side note: Still cannot wrap my head around driving the Audi up Eau rouge without spinning and gave up on it eventually).
I can imagine though, that AI setting i rain sessions is not easy.

I also have the impression, that following AI cars can be influenced by placing your car. I do that of course, where possible. I do not feel that this is cheating though. ;)
My example of Zolders first chicane is a tough one though. I either compromise entry to block and will have a problems at the exit or the following chicane, or I choose a wider line with the danger of getting divebombed.
I have yet to analyse some Blancpain racing vids of Zolder to see, if overtaking at this very chicane is actually on (without taking cars out of the race). If both parties play their role it might be possible, but spacial awareness is key then.

Not seen the AI being pushed into errors though. Especially not by me so far! :roflmao: But have seen AI taking each other out of the race though. Couldn't properly see what was going on though. Next time I have to look at the replay.

@MarkR cheers for the insight. Interesting to read similar experiences, so it's not just my mind playing tricks.

So far I have not raced in the rain too much, still trying to up my consistency on a dry track on some venues. ;) (side note: Still cannot wrap my head around driving the Audi up Eau rouge without spinning and gave up on it eventually).
I can imagine though, that AI setting i rain sessions is not easy.

I also have the impression, that following AI cars can be influenced by placing your car. I do that of course, where possible. I do not feel that this is cheating though. ;)
My example of Zolders first chicane is a tough one though. I either compromise entry to block and will have a problems at the exit or the following chicane, or I choose a wider line with the danger of getting divebombed.
I have yet to analyse some Blancpain racing vids of Zolder to see, if overtaking at this very chicane is actually on (without taking cars out of the race). If both parties play their role it might be possible, but spacial awareness is key then.

Not seen the AI being pushed into errors though. Especially not by me so far! :roflmao: But have seen AI taking each other out of the race though. Couldn't properly see what was going on though. Next time I have to look at the replay.
Eau Rouge + Raidillon was one of my major headaches as well and it took me a long while until I understood it.

Here is a few small tips that I found are key make it through alive and actually after a while of practice make this one of the most enjoyable sections around.

- Watch the track guide from driver61 - it is absolutely superb and a great help for anyone struggling at Spa.
- when entering Eau Rouge - start all the way close to the old pit lane wall to the right
- swing over smoothly to the left, using as much curb on the left as possible
- turn into the right hand turn (with most cars and a race setup with full fuel I definitely slightly lift to turn in, with a light car in Q trim and aggressive setup + perfect line you may be able to not lift but I do)
- in ACC DO NOT TOUCH THE RIGHT CURB here !!! (you touch that curb, you die!)
- focus your vision not yet fully on the left hand turn over the tip onto Kemmel but actually follow with your eyes a little longer the right hand turn and CONSCIOUSLY KEEP TURNING RIGHT (this is the key to making Eau Rouge and NOT going wide and off track through Radillon) - turn a little longer into this right hand up hill turn as you would think you should
- the immediately turn left, clip the curb over the tip nicely with the full width of your car and then make sure you do not wash wide off track on the right towards the pit exit lane (touch or even ride the right curb but try to stay clear of it as it can upset the car and is a little bit like that last zombie hand in a horror movie to reach out of the grave to GET you - the last attempt on your life ;-)
You should carry well over 200km/h out of Radillon (in the Porsche I usually run out of there at ~225 - 230km/h but I am on the slow side with my lap times in the high 2:19.xxx to low 2:20.xxx)

I needed the longest time of ~ 2 weeks to finally "get it" and stay safe and reasonably quick through the sector without holding anyone up behind me much or worse - spin or crash.

- watch your ride height (too low and you will bottom out in the compression, loosing control in the worst moment, too high and you might run into issues when lifting your throttle or breaking at high speeds elsewhere)
- run stiffer spring rates then you think you should (you need to keep your ride height amplitudes compressed as of the drastic ride height changes around this track)
- make good use of your bump stops (especially up front)
- do not think because of the high speed and long straight Spa is an all out low downforce track! use that rear wing and maybe a little more to be safe through places (your aero balance really is mostly dictated by being able to carry high speeds without understeering through Eau Rouge / Radillon, Pouhon and Blanchimont - if you cannot do Blanchimont full throttle without lifting and understeer going wide you run too much aero balance to the rear)
- make good use of your slow bump (F) slow rebound (R) dampers to minimize excessive chassis pitch when lifting throttle and braking

Spa really is the ultimate track to get challenged by the new much more complex aero and suspension physics ACC has to offer.
Don't give up!

I forgot:
It is absolutely essential in ACC currently (even you have tire warmers and drivers like Nicki This and David Perel have with critically mentioned this behavior) to warm up the tires a little longer than real Blancpain GT3 drivers comment on.
You need to make sure your tires have the correct pressure and are properly on temperature.
It needs usually approximately 2-3 laps to have them on well working temperature but they will not be just yet at peak performance (that usually happens for me in the Porsche at lap 4 or 5 in a qualifying).

David Perel for example mentioned that he can bring tires up to proper conditions within his outlap and attack for a qualifying lap already on his first timed lap - this is currently not the case with ACC.
Nicki Thiim was a bit more unquotable with his reaction on this ;-)

So, be careful on cold tires, they tend to be treacherous, especially on curbs ;-)

Last edited:
Its probably just a friendly advice but you can consider the Xeon x56xx series as an uber i7-9xx series.
They run both much cooler has 6/12 cores and can be overclocked much higher.
I have an x5670 I have overclocked and undervoltaged at the same time - and its running very stable and cool;)
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/911755-i7-920-upgrade-or-bust/

Cheers @Dirk Steffen for the very detailed explanation. I had less problems with Eau Rouge in AC and R3E. Maybe because of less elaborate physics and aero as you said. Had a quick look at Georg Ortner's attempt to qualify for 2.4h Spa yesterday and was stunned by the ease of how he nailed this section of Spa every time.

As you mentioned the right kerb up the hill has to be avoided at all cost. And as you said I tend to run wide at Radillion or I have to go nearly straight up when I miss the apex. The prob with the Audi was, that I tend to bottom out near the top of the hill and then spin (aggressive setup). Tried to get ride height adjusted, but made other things worse instead. ;) Also speed was an issue. And of course lifting the gas while going up is a big no-no as lift-off oversteer will end my lap prematurely (in almost any mid-engined car).

I will defo look into the tips and try again. :thumbsup: So far was successful with the Nissan and the AMG and to some extent also with the Porker.

I'm on a T500 with Sparco 383mod wheel and missing a bit the correct amount of force/torque to give me feedback on the limits of the tyres. Wish I had a DD to understand and explore the limits there. So, steering input might be a factor there too. :cautious:

[EDIT] Is there a way of checking FFB clipping in the same fashion as it was in AC? Or additional tool/mod/app?

guys, AI really starts being fun once you have set them to min. 90%, I have yet to explore the mid-90s, though. They actually start to race each other which in turn creates chances for you. I have found them to be unyielding only in the first lap (also they seem to have optimum grip in l1 compared to me sliding around, lol) but once the dust has settled they are soooo brilliant to race. For the first time since buying into iRacing seven years ago, I am tempted to proclaim an AI experience about the same fun as racing online against other players.
@Zolder: in real life, just as at Zandvoort this week, there is basically no overtaking unless the guy in front makes a big mistake. GT3 racing in real life seems to be very much about the team, i.e. driver pairing, pit strategy and execution, race preparation. The top 25 drivers seem to be very evenly matched so it is down to which car on which set works better at which track on which weekend, overtakes are rare indeed (which for me does not make the racing less interesting, I love the harrying of the chap in front, the feints etc.)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back