Assetto Corsa Competizione: Build 1.06 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Update 1.06 Torcano.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released a new update for Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Working at a solid pace in order to address some of the more prominent issues that have occurred with Assetto Corsa Competizione since the simulation first hit V1 release status back at the end of May, Kunos Simulazioni have once again deployed the update magic - releasing build 1.06 to Steam a few short hours ago.

Full update notes from the new build can be seen below.

Build 1.06 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Fixed a potential crash when resuming career and championship.
  • Added first implementation of blue flags during qualifications.
  • Tweaked MP highlights to avoid unnecessary out-of-track highlights.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Sprint Race driver assignment now matches real-life rules. (Drivers are designated to Q1, Q2, R1, and R2 based on license).
UI:
  • Added chat window on Multiplayer menu screens.
  • Fixed a bug where the player could remain stuck in the podium animation sequence when using VR.
  • Fixed wrong default tyre set when opening MFD pitstop page without going to setup before the session.
  • Fixed MFD not updating in non-interactive phases.
  • Removed engine repair option from MFD.
  • Relocated "lock to horizon" setting from video settings to view/camera settings page.
  • Now possible to save driver profile with a blank nickname.
  • All setup strategies start from 0 litres of fuel instead of 2.
  • MFD now correctly shows 0 fuel to add from pit strategy.
  • Player now receives alert of pitlane speeding in real time, not at the end of the pitlane.
  • Disabled an obsolete PP effect that resulted in heavy GPU load in the user interface with ultra-high resolutions.
  • Pit window message now includes a timer with time left until it closes.
AUDIO:
  • Reworked audio bank loading logic.
  • Reworked pitlane audio listener priority.
  • Improved exterior and blow-off valve sounds for Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Volume level minor tweaks
RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
  • Server admins can assign a free formation lap (without limiter) via /manual start during the wait time.
  • Private servers can set up a full formation lap via "shortFormationLap": 0 in the settings.json.
  • "Setup" cannot be selected as Spectator.
  • Fixed Pit MFD page not always visible in driver swap scenarios.
  • Improved timing accuracy in driver swap scenarios.
  • Session overtime will now be skipped in more clever ways.
  • Fixed HUD disappearing under certain circumstances.
PHYSICS:
  • Fixed Mercedes-AMG GT3 excessive fuel consumption.
  • Fixed setup UI showing excessive blistering and graining values.
  • Fixed aggressive setup selection for Porsche GT3 at Nurburgring.
  • Fixed Mercedes GT3 brands hatch aggressive setup TC, ABS and ECU values.
  • Bentley 2018 ECU is not zero-based (starts from 1).
  • Porsche 991 GT3 R ECU maps between wet and aggressive setup corrected (now inverted).
Screenshot Credit: Torcano
Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Liking the updated 'Controls' menu, nicely laid out in my opinion...although it would be nice to have an extra 'Shift Up' and Shift Down' mapping like rFactor2 has for mapping 2 separate shifters at the same time ie Paddles and a stand alone USB Sequential Shifter:D.
View attachment 314961
rFactor 2 has this additional mapping for an extra stand alone shifter...awesome
View attachment 314962

I drive with a X Box One controller/gamepad (don't laugh). I would dearly love to know how to use the bindings. Simple things like look right and left (default is fine but I would like to change it). I have tried but no luck. Any one out there have any ideas?

I drive with a X Box One controller/gamepad (don't laugh). I would dearly love to know how to use the bindings. Simple things like look right and left (default is fine but I would like to change it). I have tried but no luck. Any one out there have any ideas?
I just double clicked with my mouse on the binding I wanted to map, quickly move the mouse off that binding square and click the joystick / button that I wanted to bind....had to do it 2-3 times sometimes to get it to work.

If I could see the future I'd drop sim racing, place a couple of good bets and enjoy the rest of my life on a beach somewhere :p

After 6 months you'd be bored and fed up of Marco strutting up and down the beach in a just tiny speedo's and aviators.

That boredom might lead you to try and launch your own console. Some say you've already had a few thoughts about the CatBox (TM) and even had some initial designs drawn up.

cat-inside-opened-cardboard-package-box-flat-design-style-vector-art-illustrationcat-in-box-clipart-612_612.jpg

Added to that you'd just miss all of us, your 'fans', and our requests for more too much ;)

Neither could they bring the full grid to the track even when they were adamant in simulating the entire Blancpain GT3 Championship to the game they called ACC.

Seriously, running a Spa 24H with 24ish cars? Ridiculous when you know in a few weeks they'll have 72 participants.
Is racing against 71 opponents better than racing against 23 opponents? Sounds to me more like the subway at rush hour.

not really
It is primary something to do with the physics of the AI cars in SP which is something that also happened in AC.
Graphics and network bandwidth are also things to consider.

After a couple of years of Assetto Corsa with plenty of mods I really enjoy now and then to throw 60+ cars in a Nordschleife or Spa or Bathurst or Le Mans event and really like racing in the traffic.

It would be really nice if you could consider (once time permits to look into this) to allow an "EXPERIMENTAL USER SWITCH" where we could use certain deeper features at our own risk with the understanding that their function and performance is limited.
Some of us would be really happy to just try to run more than 30 cars in a grid.

What I love of ACC is the way it stimulates GT3 series so good...I will never race a GT3 on ACC as in real life!
Game still doesn't work for me, no matter how many hotfix they released since V1.0...:O_o:

Is racing against 71 opponents better than racing against 23 opponents? Sounds to me more like the subway at rush hour.
If you are at Spa (a relatively long track) and most of the competition is within a second or two of one another then 23 opponents makes for lonely racing once you get past the first couple of laps. Everyone is spaced out running their own clean race and it takes an hour or two before people start lapping the field.

There isn't a reason or better...I can't find one.
Before V1.0 I was able to race but now, no matter what (I tried everything) it freezes or crash....

You must have a corrupted file or something. Verify your game install files on steam. If that doesn't work delete it and reinstall.
The game works on my weak 1050ti, not great but that's on me and my hardware, not Kunos.

Hi guys,

today i continued my championship @Paul Ricard
It was an endurance race which i set for 1hour.
In the race i was forced to do a driver swap every 10 minutes (this IS a bug isn´t it ?) So i had 6 stints BUT the AI did not. I believe the AI was 3 or 4 times at the box..... WTF :confused:
This i definetly the next championship braker :mad: I just thrown away another hour of my time :laugh:
Kunos you made this fascinating game which makes so much fun to drive, but this game is NEVER at the status to be realeased as 1.0 version. No way..... we have already 1.6 and in someways the game is still beta :(
I am frustrated - next Assetto Game game i will buy 1 year later :devilish:

sorry for my english;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%