Assetto Corsa Competizione: Build 1.06 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Update 1.06 Torcano.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released a new update for Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Working at a solid pace in order to address some of the more prominent issues that have occurred with Assetto Corsa Competizione since the simulation first hit V1 release status back at the end of May, Kunos Simulazioni have once again deployed the update magic - releasing build 1.06 to Steam a few short hours ago.

Full update notes from the new build can be seen below.

Build 1.06 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Fixed a potential crash when resuming career and championship.
  • Added first implementation of blue flags during qualifications.
  • Tweaked MP highlights to avoid unnecessary out-of-track highlights.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Sprint Race driver assignment now matches real-life rules. (Drivers are designated to Q1, Q2, R1, and R2 based on license).
UI:
  • Added chat window on Multiplayer menu screens.
  • Fixed a bug where the player could remain stuck in the podium animation sequence when using VR.
  • Fixed wrong default tyre set when opening MFD pitstop page without going to setup before the session.
  • Fixed MFD not updating in non-interactive phases.
  • Removed engine repair option from MFD.
  • Relocated "lock to horizon" setting from video settings to view/camera settings page.
  • Now possible to save driver profile with a blank nickname.
  • All setup strategies start from 0 litres of fuel instead of 2.
  • MFD now correctly shows 0 fuel to add from pit strategy.
  • Player now receives alert of pitlane speeding in real time, not at the end of the pitlane.
  • Disabled an obsolete PP effect that resulted in heavy GPU load in the user interface with ultra-high resolutions.
  • Pit window message now includes a timer with time left until it closes.
AUDIO:
  • Reworked audio bank loading logic.
  • Reworked pitlane audio listener priority.
  • Improved exterior and blow-off valve sounds for Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Volume level minor tweaks
RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
  • Server admins can assign a free formation lap (without limiter) via /manual start during the wait time.
  • Private servers can set up a full formation lap via "shortFormationLap": 0 in the settings.json.
  • "Setup" cannot be selected as Spectator.
  • Fixed Pit MFD page not always visible in driver swap scenarios.
  • Improved timing accuracy in driver swap scenarios.
  • Session overtime will now be skipped in more clever ways.
  • Fixed HUD disappearing under certain circumstances.
PHYSICS:
  • Fixed Mercedes-AMG GT3 excessive fuel consumption.
  • Fixed setup UI showing excessive blistering and graining values.
  • Fixed aggressive setup selection for Porsche GT3 at Nurburgring.
  • Fixed Mercedes GT3 brands hatch aggressive setup TC, ABS and ECU values.
  • Bentley 2018 ECU is not zero-based (starts from 1).
  • Porsche 991 GT3 R ECU maps between wet and aggressive setup corrected (now inverted).
Screenshot Credit: Torcano
Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Yeah no offence taken.
I don't know if this was from the start. I hardly touched it before the latest update.
If I play on 7680X1440 (3X2560X1440) I can't play with anything higher than low. A few settings I have set to High but the most are set to low. With this settings set that low, the cars seems to floating. But to be honest, it looks ok. far more sharp.
On the 5760X1080 resolution I can set all fairly high but as said, very blurry. Perhaps you're right and is the non-native resolution the game breaker here. :)
Thought so. Running the game with 11k pixels is insane. Therefore I presumed you'd have to scale down. Did you try running your triples also in Win10 in 5760x1080 and then running the game in the same resolution?
Maybe you can play with resolution scale in game. I have mine set to 100%, since I also have a rather blurry image with 1080p @ 100" ...This way it is a bit sharper. I also have reshade running with advanced sharpening. Not sure if the respective slider in-game does the same quality of sharpening using similar resources, didn't test yet.

[EDIT] Of course this will not bring back any pixels not rendered. ;-) But maybe worth a try.

Thought so. Running the game with 11k pixels is insane. Therefore I presumed you'd have to scale down. Did you try running your triples also in Win10 in 5760x1080 and then running the game in the same resolution?
Maybe you can play with resolution scale in game. I have mine set to 100%, since I also have a rather blurry image with 1080p @ 100" ...This way it is a bit sharper. I also have reshade running with advanced sharpening. Not sure if the respective slider in-game does the same quality of sharpening using similar resources, didn't test yet.

[EDIT] Of course this will not bring back any pixels not rendered. ;-) But maybe worth a try.
Well it makes a difference indeed. Still not razor sharp but a lot better. I can even run everything on EPIC. Resolution scale set to 110% and still get between the 70fps and 110fps. More than enough for me.
I hope the game will get some more sharpness in a later build but now I'm happier then before this change in resolution. (or do I get used to the lesser sharpness. LoL)
Anyway, I really like the the feeling of the game. Driving is great (FFB wise) and the sound and Helmet cam are top noch.

Can you explain why you banned me from the forums? At least an explanation as a paying customer to every Kunos release, i have asked for a reason & got no reply.
It takes a lot to get banned from the Kunos forum, there are quite a few that Kunos tolerate who I’d have kicked into touch a long time ago for insulting and trolling behaviour. Did you get a warning first? I suspect you can make a reasonable guess as to which of your posts were the cause.

It takes a lot to get banned from the Kunos forum, there are quite a few that Kunos tolerate who I’d have kicked into touch a long time ago for insulting and trolling behaviour. Did you get a warning first? I suspect you can make a reasonable guess as to which of your posts were the cause.

nah it turned out it was a mistake and he was banned for having a similar IP to some other banned member.
It has all been sorted out.

Sorry mate but this kind of racing is just possible against humans ;)

I'm sorry but the video and your comment made me cringe.
Indeed people breaking much earlier, making silly mistakes, divebombing, and with terrible ping is only possible against humans :whistling:
I understand ppl racing in a league (if you have the time and commitment for it) but I don't get the joy in random multiplayer sessions where skill level is all over the place. I'd take racing AI any day

I'd take racing AI any day
It's up to you :thumbsup: There's no reason to feel offended just because someone share a different opinion :cautious:

Multiplayer only here.
My personal opinion:
Racing against the AI it's just racing against the AI. It's not like race against humans. In absolute no way.
After about 25 years of sim racing on my side I can't enjoy the single player :redface:
I've had never anything close to this last lap for example in any race against the computer.
Especially not in AC/ACC.

So enjoy what you like :thumbsup:

Greets After_Midnight

Edit: Might be an interesting read about my thoughts about the AI in ACC:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...with-racing-idiots.59176/page-12#post-1078894

Well, after exclusively playing online for six or seven years, ACC is the first game which has convinced me that racing against AI can be fun. Once you set their aggression to over 90% races become less sterile and far more fun. Yes, unless you are fast enough to play them at 100% strength they always slow down in more or less the same place, but for 30 min races in-between, they're really brilliant. Fun fact: the player-driven Merc you are following in that vid actually slows down in the same places the AI slows down.

"Public Beta" 1.0.7 update OUT NOW!"
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/public-beta-1-0-7-update-out-now.59488/
Check it out guys :thumbsup:

Changelog:
GENERAL:
- CPU optimization on the game thread resulting in less CPU usage with AI.
- Added all cars' locations to shared memory.
- Added electronics channels to shared memory, in particular TC, TC Cut, ABS, fuel cons, engine map, exhaust temps, lights and wipers stages.
- Added initial TrackIR plugin implementation.
NOTE: a specific profile is required to be set up, please follow our forums for more information.

GAMEPLAY:
- Mid-session saving is re-enabled.
- Added ability to save multiple games and load then individually.
NOTE: Championship and Career can still only have a single saved instance.
- Now save games correctly handle car damage.
NOTE: it will only work with new saved games.
- Fixed a bug where restarting the engine was not possible in certain cameras.
- Fixed a bug with championship status when starting a new championship with another season in progress.
- Fixed wrong blue flag when only one car remains on the track.
- Reworked driver stint logic in Endurance game modes.
- Added driving time limit per driver in Endurance game modes.
- Added driver stint requirements per different Endurance modes as per real-life regualtions.
- Improved AI strategy in stint-based game modes.

AUDIO:
- Disabled possibility to trigger the Helicam audio during intro sequence.
- Stop&Go penalty engineer audio message.

CONTROLLERS:
- Mouse steering overhaul.
- Steering linearity added to controller settings.
- Race commands will not longer be intercepted for UI commands other than the directional pad (up, down, left and right).
- Fixed clutch limit bug when using maximum deadzone.

UI/HUD:
- Added Save Game window in the main menu to load saved games.
- Fixed chat window auto pop-in bug when receiving messages.
- Electronics and pitstop MFD page made more compact.
- HUD and car dash delta relinked to same source.
- Adjusted button alignment in the Replay menu.
- Fixed a bug where saving a setup with "/" in the file name would create a new folder.
- Fixed a bug where controller input was lost on the leaderboard page of the career and championship.
- Car previews now reliably load high-res textures in preview screens.
- Small car previews now reliably load on the Special Event pages.
- Added replay leaderboard and 'Toggle HUD' button in the replay HUD.
- Removed redundant "Driver" button on Player page.
- Updated UI background images and logos.
- Championship end-page logic review.
- Restyling of the championship and career pages.
- Added option to scale race HUD widgets.
NOTE: in this implementation it allows the player to resize the elements of the race HUD overall.
- Added "Continue" button for championship weather page.
- Added Save Replay and Save Highlights as configurable controls (the saving will have a 1-minute cooldown before allowing it again).
- Replay HUD now allows camera cycling during free camera.
- Disabled ideal line during replay.
- More reliable 'stop the engine' message during pitstops.
- Improved lapped information for realtime leaderboard when the cars are on the same lap.
- Improved filter for gap information in the realtime leaderboard.
- Added driver stint and remaining driving time information in the pit strategy page of the MFD.
- MFD now displays mandatory pit stop requirements in relevant game modes on the pit strategy page.
NOTE: it also displays whether the selected options meet the requirements and thus count towards a valid mandatory pit stop.
NOTE: maximum driving time is the key information to follow in endurance races.
- Added pit limiter popup display when entering the pit entry zone.
- Added helicam and onboard cameras to the broadcasting app.

GRAPHICS:
- LOD adjustments on various models.
- Wheel rim material adjustments for various cars.
- Update to Black Falcon team liveries.
- Potential fix for the random open-close car door animations during gameplay.
- Fix for brake lights of hidden cars visible when limited opponents visibility is used.

PHYSICS:
- New 5 collision points tyre model. Tyres now "climb gradually" over kerbs, sausages, bumps both in lateral and longitudinal motion.
Completely eliminates the "rail kerb" effect. Greatly improved behaviour over all kind of kerbs, improved precision, improved bumps absorption.
- Tyre model improvements to better handle high load peak situations and high rolling resistance peaks.
- Tyre model now simulates lowering of profile while the tyre flexes. Ride heights will be lower during turns.
- Tweaks to tyre model rolling resistance model. (Fixed and speed sensitive RR variations).
- New Traction Control operation. TC now simulates a two step operation, acting on the engine ignition timing (lowering power) and if that is not enough, cutting ignition all together as before.
This permits the TC to have a smoother operation at the start of a slide, permitting the driver to use the slide to turn the car without extreme vibrations or engine cut.
- New Traction Control logic. TC now takes into account the yaw acceleration, simulating gyroscope sensors as the real cars.
As a result, even if the slide or slip of the tyres is not enough, a sudden yaw acceleration (a fast rotation of the car) will activate the TC to save the car from spinning. It also works intelligently so that it can check if the yaw rotation is under control by the driver, allow him to use the power at will.

- Tweaks on the tyre pressure loss on rough surfaces (kerbs, off road etc).
- Car collider tweaks for various models.
- Fixed tyre core temps not properly saved and loaded.
- Fixed incorrect tyre wear when restarting race after loading a saved game.
- Tweaks to weather temperatures and sun phase.
- Tweaks to water dissipation rates.
- Fixed a setup bug with wet/dry setups on session changes.
- Fixed bugs related to setup naming.
- Fixed a bug with speed limiter status in neutral gear.

MULTIPLAYER & RATINGS:
- Automatic engines will start when the Pit Menu closes, so all engines should be on at the start of a formation lap.
- Rejoining a server while disqualified is now detected in all situations, locking down the car in the pitlane (instead of doing so on the straight after the first lap).
- "Speed up to 50kph" message will not trigger when starting in the pitlane.
- Pit menu selections now are more adaptive, also removing the "Setup" button as spectator.
- Entering an empty server as spectator will now properly start with the pitlane camera.
- Slightly increased the ping limit for CP servers.
- Fixed long formation lap to not allow waiting in the first sector. Doing so will ignore the first lap.
- Added server health diagonistics, usable in the UI for further client updates and as admin command.
- Added UI element (next to the tyre app) indicating server health stats, and colorful warnings for overloaded servers.
- Replaced "result" json outputs by a new structure containing more information like track, session data, all laps and all penalties.
- Json outputs now are also written when the session is advanced via /next command, or when the last player leaves and the server resets.
- Fixed the "rain" and "ambient" conditions setting having little to no influence on the dynamic weather.
- Reduced the rate of weather changes for high randomness settings.
- Activated the entryList setting "defaultGridPosition", allowing to resume a race any time (any Q session will overwrite the positions, but P->R would not).
- Added "dumpEntryList" flag, usable on non-public servers.
It will save all connected cars and drivers to a entrylist.json when a Q session is finished.
- Added admin command "/manual entrylist" to save an entrylist of the currently connected cars and drivers (on a non-public server).
- Fixed total race time having an offset in result jsons.
- Fixed playerIds not filled in the json results when defined by entry list.
- Fixed car category not being configurable in every scenario (using the entry list).
- Collisions during the race wait time won't affect the SA rating.
- Removed randomization from "wrong tyre" warnings.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 165 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 313 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 445 39.4%