Assetto Corsa Competizione: Build 1.06 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Update 1.06 Torcano.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released a new update for Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Working at a solid pace in order to address some of the more prominent issues that have occurred with Assetto Corsa Competizione since the simulation first hit V1 release status back at the end of May, Kunos Simulazioni have once again deployed the update magic - releasing build 1.06 to Steam a few short hours ago.

Full update notes from the new build can be seen below.

Build 1.06 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Fixed a potential crash when resuming career and championship.
  • Added first implementation of blue flags during qualifications.
  • Tweaked MP highlights to avoid unnecessary out-of-track highlights.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Sprint Race driver assignment now matches real-life rules. (Drivers are designated to Q1, Q2, R1, and R2 based on license).
UI:
  • Added chat window on Multiplayer menu screens.
  • Fixed a bug where the player could remain stuck in the podium animation sequence when using VR.
  • Fixed wrong default tyre set when opening MFD pitstop page without going to setup before the session.
  • Fixed MFD not updating in non-interactive phases.
  • Removed engine repair option from MFD.
  • Relocated "lock to horizon" setting from video settings to view/camera settings page.
  • Now possible to save driver profile with a blank nickname.
  • All setup strategies start from 0 litres of fuel instead of 2.
  • MFD now correctly shows 0 fuel to add from pit strategy.
  • Player now receives alert of pitlane speeding in real time, not at the end of the pitlane.
  • Disabled an obsolete PP effect that resulted in heavy GPU load in the user interface with ultra-high resolutions.
  • Pit window message now includes a timer with time left until it closes.
AUDIO:
  • Reworked audio bank loading logic.
  • Reworked pitlane audio listener priority.
  • Improved exterior and blow-off valve sounds for Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Volume level minor tweaks
RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
  • Server admins can assign a free formation lap (without limiter) via /manual start during the wait time.
  • Private servers can set up a full formation lap via "shortFormationLap": 0 in the settings.json.
  • "Setup" cannot be selected as Spectator.
  • Fixed Pit MFD page not always visible in driver swap scenarios.
  • Improved timing accuracy in driver swap scenarios.
  • Session overtime will now be skipped in more clever ways.
  • Fixed HUD disappearing under certain circumstances.
PHYSICS:
  • Fixed Mercedes-AMG GT3 excessive fuel consumption.
  • Fixed setup UI showing excessive blistering and graining values.
  • Fixed aggressive setup selection for Porsche GT3 at Nurburgring.
  • Fixed Mercedes GT3 brands hatch aggressive setup TC, ABS and ECU values.
  • Bentley 2018 ECU is not zero-based (starts from 1).
  • Porsche 991 GT3 R ECU maps between wet and aggressive setup corrected (now inverted).
Screenshot Credit: Torcano
Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Its probably just a friendly advice but you can consider the Xeon x56xx series as an uber i7-9xx series.
They run both much cooler has 6/12 cores and can be overclocked much higher.
I have an x5670 I have overclocked and undervoltaged at the same time - and its running very stable and cool;)
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/911755-i7-920-upgrade-or-bust/

I use an old server PC - a Xeon W3550 3.0GHz CPU that came with tennis ball-sized lumps of dust and hair clogged in the fans and had had no software updates in years (hence the £190 price...) - and it manages most sims OK although I haven't yet tortured it with ACC. The BIOS is locked so there is no overclocking but the addition of a 1050Ti GPU has just about kept its head above water. Automobilista 2 and later sims will probably mean buying something better.

Sorry to derail the thread. :)

guys, AI really starts being fun once you have set them to min. 90%, I have yet to explore the mid-90s, though. They actually start to race each other which in turn creates chances for you. I have found them to be unyielding only in the first lap (also they seem to have optimum grip in l1 compared to me sliding around, lol) but once the dust has settled they are soooo brilliant to race. For the first time since buying into iRacing seven years ago, I am tempted to proclaim an AI experience about the same fun as racing online against other players.
@Zolder: in real life, just as at Zandvoort this week, there is basically no overtaking unless the guy in front makes a big mistake. GT3 racing in real life seems to be very much about the team, i.e. driver pairing, pit strategy and execution, race preparation. The top 25 drivers seem to be very evenly matched so it is down to which car on which set works better at which track on which weekend, overtakes are rare indeed (which for me does not make the racing less interesting, I love the harrying of the chap in front, the feints etc.)

Yes, pretty much.

There are only 10 tracks in the game so it should take just a couple of races in each track to find the optimum AI level for each one.....and by optimum I mean challenging.
For example, I race Monza at 96 always. I did a 1Hr race yesterday with one pitstop in the old 2015 Bentley.
Qualified 6th, gained 2 places during the first lap and stayed 4th until pit stops. Came out of pits still in 4th but gained a couple of secs vs 3rd. Kept gaining little by little and got in a battle for 3rd during the last 5 laps but wasn't able to pass him so I ended 4th.
Only gained 2 places after being on top of my game during the whole hour but it was so much fun.

Next time I race at Monza it will be at the same 96 AI level but in a different car and see how that goes. That's the fun part of having different cars with different strengths but all very well balanced.

This is what I find in ACC so immersive and true to the real Blancpain series.

Now we need mid-session save function and blue flags to work properly for the AI to overtake backmarkers so I can start doing longer races.

guys, AI really starts being fun once you have set them to min. 90%, I have yet to explore the mid-90s, though. They actually start to race each other which in turn creates chances for you. I have found them to be unyielding only in the first lap (also they seem to have optimum grip in l1 compared to me sliding around, lol) but once the dust has settled they are soooo brilliant to race. For the first time since buying into iRacing seven years ago, I am tempted to proclaim an AI experience about the same fun as racing online against other players.
@Zolder: in real life, just as at Zandvoort this week, there is basically no overtaking unless the guy in front makes a big mistake. GT3 racing in real life seems to be very much about the team, i.e. driver pairing, pit strategy and execution, race preparation. The top 25 drivers seem to be very evenly matched so it is down to which car on which set works better at which track on which weekend, overtakes are rare indeed (which for me does not make the racing less interesting, I love the harrying of the chap in front, the feints etc.)
Is that both AI settings on 90? Aggressive as well?

I use an old server PC - a Xeon W3550 3.0GHz CPU that came with tennis ball-sized lumps of dust and hair clogged in the fans and had had no software updates in years (hence the £190 price...) - and it manages most sims OK although I haven't yet tortured it with ACC. The BIOS is locked so there is no overclocking but the addition of a 1050Ti GPU has just about kept its head above water. Automobilista 2 and later sims will probably mean buying something better.
Sorry to derail the thread. :)
OK
But then my advice is GET A Xeon x56xx AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to your old 1366 MB.
I got my (2nd hand) x5670 allmost for free from China(Ebay).:roflmao:
And slightly oc´ed it runs all the racing games I have.
STOP derailing the thread:laugh:

I've seen opinions way way way harder than yours in our forum without problems.
Simply word them without insulting anybody and you should be fine.

As for your wish.. all I can say is that there are 2 kinds of people in this world.. those who can learn to enjoy what they have and what can be done, and those who'll remain permanently disappointed.. some would simply phrase this as: are you an half full glass guy or an half empty one?

Is the fact that you can't have 70 cars in one race enough to stop you from enjoying the entire game? Only you have the answer to this question, and you won't find it on a forum.

Can you explain why you banned me from the forums? At least an explanation as a paying customer to every Kunos release, i have asked for a reason & got no reply.

I have given up on ACC. What a mess.

My rig is an overclocked i8700k with 1080ti that runs every other racing sim on high/ultra settings at 90+ fps in VR and at triple digit fps on 1440 pancake. No such luck with ACC. I've spend days(!) trying to make it work. I've tried every single build, trying suggested configs, wiping everything clean, reinstalling, ad nauseam. The fps is pathetic. It stutters, freezes, and hangs my PC. I give up.

I guess I am not the only one:

https://steamcharts.com/cmp/805550,244210

I'm in love with AC1 + CSP + Sol in VR. Beautiful, smooth, immersive.

ACC is a huge disappointment.

Sorry, had to vent.

Ah..the old "game is rubbish I give up because its not running on my machine"

Havent seen you in a while...
Not exactly a hard concept to understand, though, surely? It's kinda implied that if something doesn't work for you, you likely won't be thinking very highly of it. I'd find something along the lines "the game is absolutely brilliant even though I can't get it to run reliably at all" more of a controversial opinion tbh.

I have given up on ACC. What a mess.

My rig is an overclocked i8700k with 1080ti that runs every other racing sim on high/ultra settings at 90+ fps in VR and at triple digit fps on 1440 pancake. No such luck with ACC. I've spend days(!) trying to make it work. I've tried every single build, trying suggested configs, wiping everything clean, reinstalling, ad nauseam. The fps is pathetic. It stutters, freezes, and hangs my PC. I give up.

My CPU is on stock clock speeds, but otherwise we've got the same machine specs. I can run close to max settings on everything (save mirrors and reflections) and the game looks and plays smooth in VR, just at 45fps. If you're hung up on maxing everything at 90fps, no you won't be satisfied with the game as it is now. But the devs are presently working on VR, so I expect at least some notable improvements in the near future.

I'm not trashing the game. Not at all. I really, really, REALLY want it to run well. I've just run out of ideas what else to try... Seriously though, even their own (Kunos-made) promotional videos show microstutter in turns. Not very encouraging.

Maybe it will get better in future builds. Really hoping for a decent ACC performance in VR eventually. I cannot run 45fps (it's a horror show in Odyssey). I'm too spoiled by the original Assetto Corsa at constant 90 :)

So I am running 95 on both settings for AI and it's a lot of fun.
Thing is, I have been using rF2 a lot lately and that is currently running at 120fps without v-sync and it runs very smoothly.
I went back to ACC and wondered what the issue was... now I realise that to get it to run nicely visually speaking, I've had to use v-sync. It's not been such a big problem before. But with this latest release I cant seem to run the game without horrendous stuttering without v-sync on...

I see a lot disagreeing on my GFX/sharpness statement. People who disagree should take a look at somebody with a triple setup. It is really blurry. Yesterday I tried it on a single screen 2560x1440 and then it looks really good and sharp.
I presume those who disagreed all play on a single screen setup.

I see a lot disagreeing on my GFX/sharpness statement. People who disagree should take a look at somebody with a triple setup. It is really blurry. Yesterday I tried it on a single screen 2560x1440 and then it looks really good and sharp.
I presume those who disagreed all play on a single screen setup.
I wasn't one of those rating your post, just trying to understand your problem. Personally I'm on single screen and have never seen ACC on triples.

- Is this a new problem due to later revisions of the game or from the beginning (EA)?
- Do you use 3x2560x1440 for the triples then (native resolution)? If non-native resolutions are used, e.g. 1080 vertical, you will maybe see blurriness due to scaling issues.
- Or maybe the non-optimized support for triple screens is the culprit for the blurriness? Then others could confirm this, right?

So I am running 95 on both settings for AI and it's a lot of fun.
Thing is, I have been using rF2 a lot lately and that is currently running at 120fps without v-sync and it runs very smoothly.
I went back to ACC and wondered what the issue was... now I realise that to get it to run nicely visually speaking, I've had to use v-sync. It's not been such a big problem before. But with this latest release I cant seem to run the game without horrendous stuttering without v-sync on...
I should have said what the main issue is, I'm getting really bad input lag with v-sync on...
I need help to get this set up to eliminate stutters and tearing but without using v-sync...

I wasn't one of those rating your post, just trying to understand your problem. Personally I'm on single screen and have never seen ACC on triples.

- Is this a new problem due to later revisions of the game or from the beginning (EA)?
- Do you use 3x2560x1440 for the triples then (native resolution)? If non-native resolutions are used, e.g. 1080 vertical, you will maybe see blurriness due to scaling issues.
- Or maybe the non-optimized support for triple screens is the culprit for the blurriness? Then others could confirm this, right?
Yeah no offence taken.
I don't know if this was from the start. I hardly touched it before the latest update.
If I play on 7680X1440 (3X2560X1440) I can't play with anything higher than low. A few settings I have set to High but the most are set to low. With this settings set that low, the cars seems to floating. But to be honest, it looks ok. far more sharp.
On the 5760X1080 resolution I can set all fairly high but as said, very blurry. Perhaps you're right and is the non-native resolution the game breaker here. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back