Anyone here got the recent OSW SW7C+, SW10C+, SW12C+ ?

Cosimo

Premium
These motors are rated at 7/10/12Nm peak torque. I'm wondering if that's too little, or where's the sweet spot. If you got one of those, leave a comment below. Thanks,

I think it is time to make an introduction video if it is too early for a serious review. I am very interested in the 10+ Version.
I think that the 10 is the best offer, you will not be short on strength.
I have the 10+ and i think that you can save 100 euros with the encoder.
At 600+ this is the best deal on the market IMO.

Upvote 0
I understand.
I received the same mail, Ollie said than i need to swap my box in order to get the new firmware.
I'm waiting, i'm probably not the only one.

By the way it works like a charm with ACC, so now we have IRacing, AC, ACC, Heat 3 and PC2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some clarification of the info posted in this thread.

Ollie is releasing the firmware for new users staggered, so you only receive an early version when you first set up and then get the latest after initial testing/use. He does this to encourage first time users to tweak the settings themselves and establish a baseline before being given the latest and greatest, also the early firmware is sort of a control so they know any user issues are not due to changes introduced in the latest version. After you're ready or a week he will send you the latest version for your wheel. Different wheels have different firmware so probably also latest versions.

My software config session actually went for a full hour because i was asking questions, and my internet was a bit slow. Everything was set up fine though, all settings explained, tips for your main sim and walkthrough etc. Ollie is very helpful and explains everything in detail or relative terms depending on your questions.

The wheel feels very strong and responsive, coming from a t300rs. It does feel foreign having gotten used to that style of ffb but the detail, speed, strength and fidelity are way up there. i've never used a direct drive wheel before this. I do need to tweak more settings and still on the control firmware, but happy so far.

Upvote 0
The wheel feels very strong and responsive, coming from a t300rs. It does feel foreign having gotten used to that style of ffb but the detail, speed, strength and fidelity are way up there. i've never used a direct drive wheel before this. I do need to tweak more settings and still on the control firmware, but happy so far.
Forget to say which wheel you have.

Upvote 0
ykap1 said:

Can you please clarify what version of firmware and what sims did you successfully use?

Upvote 0
Some clarification of the info posted in this thread.

Ollie is releasing the firmware for new users staggered, so you only receive an early version when you first set up and then get the latest after initial testing/use. He does this to encourage first time users to tweak the settings themselves and establish a baseline before being given the latest and greatest, also the early firmware is sort of a control so they know any user issues are not due to changes introduced in the latest version. After you're ready or a week he will send you the latest version for your wheel. Different wheels have different firmware so probably also latest versions.

this is exactly why i wouldn't recommend these wheels to anyone

until you can freely go and get the latest updates and software yourself i'd avoid these like the plague,

if he wants ppl to alpha test his product he shouldn't be selling it at full price or should at least make it apparent when buying these that you are an alpha tester and it's not a finished product

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you please clarify what version of firmware and what sims did you successfully use?

I'm on the 18.09.02 firmware, ie. second version for september. Ollie mentioned the current latest is .04 and .05 is coming soon maybe next week. I've only used assetto corsa so far as that's my main sim. At some point i'll try it with RF2, Dirt Rally and ACC.

After spending a couple of hours tinkering with settings and hotlapping i can say the wheel feels very good. I've turned the torque down as i find it unrealistic and intrusive/overwhelming at 10nm, and the general ffb is very good. I've only tested on road cars so far but i find i can grip attack and drift and the ffb feels realistic.

this is exactly why i wouldn't recommend these wheels to anyone

until you can freely go and get the latest updates and software yourself i'd avoid these like the plague,

if he wants ppl to alpha test his product he shouldn't be selling it at full price or should at least make it apparent when buying these that you are an alpha tester and it's not a finished product

I agree, the situation is pretty much new product with unfinished software. Ollie is open about this in the setup call but it's not made apparent at all anywhere else when buying. The whole alpha testing with the new customer base thing can be seen as deceptive but i think the end goal is to improve the software and quickly make improvements early in the products life. Ollie said the software/firmware latest versions would be hosted on the website in due time.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back