Anyone here got the recent OSW SW7C+, SW10C+, SW12C+ ?

Cosimo

Premium
These motors are rated at 7/10/12Nm peak torque. I'm wondering if that's too little, or where's the sweet spot. If you got one of those, leave a comment below. Thanks,

Strange and hard to read that it is going the wrong way on this moment. My experience was totally different 3 months ago. Placed a order, found out that there was a currency problem. Withing 6 hours they cancelled my order so i could place a new one.
Also when my package was sent, i emailed them why dpd is not changed and within 8 hours i had a response. '
We use a 2 stage shipping process for international orders with a domestic courier picking up from us and handing over to the DPD International hub for export.'
Now the product is working fine and have a lot of fun with it.
To come back to all the bad messages at the moment. I cant place it why it's going wrong.
Only thing i could think about is that they are working with 3 employees, when one gets sick you have a big problem now. Normally they ship 4/5 units a week, now problably they need to do 30-40. Simracing exploded these days.
Also the shipping from China for the Mige motors would go slow now.
Eventually i think you will get your product, only you need to wait much much longer. Also they need to stop taking new orders at the website and place a news flash on the site of what is going on now.
If you cant wait? Put your Credit-card to work or PayPal
Yeah I think most of us would be understanding for shipment delays during these times but communication of that would need to be better (if the complaints are true). I guess I'll just wait until my supposed ship date of June 14th comes. I sent them a question 3 days ago but didn't get a response.

Upvote 0
Hi folks,
my SW8C+ finally arrived yesterday. I pre-ordered it in february for april 14th. The actual dispatch happened on may 1st – the circumstances have been discussed here extensively.
About an hour bevor the DPD guy rang our doorbell, an email from sim-plicity arrived, containing setup instructions and a link to the firmware.

Well then, time for Operation Madness™ – let's put that thing on a deck chair a.k.a. my Playseat Challenge!
Away goes the Thrustmaster TX, in comes the "Uhm, 8KGs weight a bit more than I anticipated" MiGE 110ST-M06030.
That started even better than expected. Though the MiGE is a chunky boi in comparison to the TX, it sits very nicely on the Playseat's mounting plate, with it's center of mass about in the middle.
Thanks to @GagarynGaribaldi 's hint I bought a pair of ankle weights (5 KGs in total) to act as a counterweight.

The software setup of the SW8C+ is pretty straightforward. Install base drivers, plug in the USB, install firmware, wait some 20 seconds for initialization, done.
From now on the base is ready to run within seconds after switching it on. I'll miss the loud and hefty startup routine of the Thrustmaster. Not.

Up to this moment, every decision was based on estimations and good hopes. Neither had I touched a DD wheel ever before, nor was I sure it would really work with my Playseat. Turns out my estimations and expectations were right! :)

Time for a test drive in ACC!
Wow. Just wow. I run the wheel with 80% ingame gain, so the average force does not feel much stronger than on the TX. The first thing I noticed were torque peaks in corners, where the TX was already clipping but the DD still has headroom.
Countersteering is so much better when you don't have to work against two belt pulleys! While the TX's play and notchiness never bothered me, there is a huge difference to the feeling.
Overall it feels like I've been listening to music on a boombox all the time and switched to a decent stereo now. It's not necessarily louder, but there's a mentionable difference in fidelity.

Some photos:

IMG_20200505_211936016.jpg

IMG_20200505_212004193.jpg
IMG_20200505_212014945.jpg

EDIT: I mounted the control box to the seat aswell:
IMG_20200513_171452610.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thinking about buying the Sim-Plicity SW13C+ device along with HE-Sprint pedals. How are your experiences after a while using this DD-Wheel? Mind sharing pics from the software?
Which buttonplate can I use?
So many questions :)
Kind regards and many thx in advance!

Upvote 0
I got my sw10c about a year ago(beside the motor and PSU the electronics should be similar). Up until now I do not regret the purchase. The unit is still going strong and is able to put a smile on my face whenever I catch slides I would never have been able to catch before. To be honest for the ffb sometimes could be stronger but this is just a personal preference. Don't get me wrong if I did not drive for some time and put in an extended session I can feel it the next day. There is enough power at least for me but in some situations I wish there was a bit more.
The wheel adapter is a standard(70mm bolt pattern, 6 holes) so you can fit a wide range of wheels/quick releases on the motor. I use two 3drap.it wheels(F1/Universal Hub) on it and quite like it.
The software does not look as fancy as the simucube/fanatec one but it does the job quite well. With other words most people will be able to change the ffb to their liking.
Sim-plicity DD's are still the best price to performance ratio in my opinion. You will get a nice industrial looking motor with all the DD benefits for less than 1000$/€. If you are willing to do some DIY stuff you can get yourself a solid DD and rim for about 1000$/€.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back