Anyone here got the recent OSW SW7C+, SW10C+, SW12C+ ?

Cosimo

Premium
These motors are rated at 7/10/12Nm peak torque. I'm wondering if that's too little, or where's the sweet spot. If you got one of those, leave a comment below. Thanks,

Its not easier than any other wheel. Its exactly the same. Install software, done

Its actually more difficult because there is nowhere to go and get the software yourself

Upvote 0
Update, I've removed all traces of the 3dconnexion driver but the LFS issue persists. Ollie did mention that he had it working on his end after some tweaking. Hopefully it will be resolved shortly.

Additionally, if anyone is concerned about the difficulty of setup for this compact line of DD wheels you can rest assured it is honestly easier to configure and set up than a Logitech G27. The software is much better, the calibration is simple, and firmware updates take less than a minute to complete.
Thank you!

Upvote 0
My advice right now would be to wait until all the games are supported and you can get and check for software updates yourself instead of relying on them to email you

Upvote 0
has anyone got any updates recently to the firmware? i was told last weekend there's be an update, someone on the iracing forum said the 5th would be update for support to the other games,

@JeffT417 what firmware do you have with your swc7+?

iv'e only had one update in the last 2 weeks now, and that was an immediate response to me saying i was going to refund

EDIT: ok somethings not right, i just seen he's given out firmware version v18.09.02 to people, which is 2 version higher than im on v18.08.09, Ollies made no attempt to contact me with an update in 2 weeks apart from the time i ask for a refund because of the disconnects

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what wheel is you have? 7, 10 or 12?

this is my whole point about this shitty way of distributing software, i know for a fact hes given firmware version out to new ppl 2 higher than we are running while we sit here waiting, to be honest i don't trust this guy anymore, from me having to ask for a refund to get 1 update in 2 weeks and others suddenly getting their tracking info immediately after asking for refunds after days of waiting

something isn't right here, there's literally no reason to distribute this way, it makes absolutely zero sense

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm so glad there are some user experiences by now....

i was told last sunday (after i emailed about poor linearity in the wheel) that later that day 18.09.01 would be released, never happened and now i see new customers are getting 18.09.02 while i wait here with a wheel that doesn't work in most games after 3 weeks of owning it,

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, it's easy for me to say, not owning the wheel, but that is a weird way of working with your customers.
Strange thing is, everybody seemed to be happy with Ollie and the SW20 wheels when they came out, but since these new Compact wheels with their own HW/SW, it has not been hosanna all the way down.

As for the FW. If you are eager to make it work, PM those new customers? Try the new firmware with a workaround, if you don't get it directly?
And about the refund, if you aren't happy, you should do it. There are guidelines for that which I don't know now, but there must be a way.

OT: http://www.simtechracing.co.uk/products/9nm-simforce-steering-system

How about this? A 9Nm wheel, with Simucube..

Upvote 0
Send it back and get a refund. You are boring!

Tip for Project Cars.
Project Cars is not supported actually, in fact it works but the ffb is small.

You can map buttons in order to increase or decrease ffb in game and it seems that you can go over the 100% and get a decent force.
My 2 cents.

Upvote 0
Send it back and get a refund. You are boring!

Tip for Project Cars.
Project Cars is not supported actually, in fact it works but the ffb is small.

You can map buttons in order to increase or decrease ffb in game and it seems that you can go over the 100% and get a decent force.
My 2 cents.

what wheel and firmware are you running?

and if you had the experience i've had with this you'd be annoyed too

Upvote 0
i am, i just emailed saying im sending it back for a refund, it's not functional enough as i've missed league races on raceroom because the wheel doesn't work with it

i really hope you guys ahve better luck than me, i have given them 3 weeks, 2 of them the wheel didn't work at all because the software kept crashing, the second week i had zero contact from them so essentially had a 500 pound ornament, then when i asked for a refund an update appeared in my inbox within 15 mins 2 versions higher than my current, like i've said they've made no attempt in 2 weeks to contact me with an update apart from that refund request

I think giving them 3 weeks is really quite generous and more than most ppl would give them for a wheel that essentially doesn't work with most games, i really hope your stories end up better than mine and sorry to repeat myself, i simply can't trust or be comfortable with this way of software distribution, nowhere when i bought it did it say i'd be a prototype or beta tester

i wish you all the best with your products but im letting this ship sail on without me

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what wheel is you have? 7, 10 or 12?

I have SW10C and have it for 10 days now. Received Ollie's reply just now saying that the next firmware update is ready but during testing they found out difficulty to update with our v18.08.09 so they're preparing updated controller boxes to be sent out in exchange with the old one.

Upvote 0
I have SW10C and have it for 10 days now. Received Ollie's reply just now saying that the next firmware update is ready but during testing they found out difficulty to update with our v18.08.09 so they're preparing updated controller boxes to be sent out in exchange with the old one.

Seems to be an excuse for everything, this hardly sounds promising. Ill just have to wait for a reply to my refund request

If there was a 28 day lead time and shipping doesnt appear to be a fast process then how are these new guys getting this updated firmware yet you cant?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back