Anyone here got the recent OSW SW7C+, SW10C+, SW12C+ ?

Cosimo

Premium
These motors are rated at 7/10/12Nm peak torque. I'm wondering if that's too little, or where's the sweet spot. If you got one of those, leave a comment below. Thanks,

I am thinking to buy a 7+ or 10. My main sim is rf2 and now look as is work properly with it. What do You thik?
I have a sw10+ and it works great with AC. Ollie said it works with RF2 but I can not personally confirm this (RF2 can be finicky , for some OSW wheels you need to modify some files inRF2 for it to work).

I would go with the 10. Many of the big wheels (20 or more) run at a gain of 30% in AC which gives you about 6 to 8Nm. I am running at 70% gain which gives me the same (and it is plenty) with some room to spare.
I ended up with a 10+, I would go for a plain 10..

Upvote 0
I heard the difference between 10 and 10+ is the electronics and better encoder. Is that the case? Simplicity website leaves a lot to be desired...

Upvote 0
I heard the difference between 10 and 10+ is the electronics and better encoder. Is that the case? Simplicity website leaves a lot to be desired...

It's in the description, the + versions have the better encoder 8m cpr vs 20k cpr, i think thats the only difference.

After putting a few hours into AC i can say it's very good, i'm running my 10+ at 8nm at the moment, the torque is definitely strong enough at that level and i think the 20% headroom is kinder to the heat. When i ran it at 10nm for 30-40 mins it got very hot.

While the software/firmware is good you do have to find the sweet spot in the settings. The sliders have a very granular scale so it's easy to completely change the feel of the ffb. I wasn't able to get it recognised in Dirt Rally or ACC yet, but Ollie has given me instructions on how to remedy that.

Upvote 0
It works really well in ACC. You probably didn't find the way to configure it though it is recognized.

If i had to buy it again i would save the 100 euros for the encoder.

By the way i'm always using the same parameters in the configuration tool, no need to tweak for me.

Upvote 0
For the plus versions, are there any real difference between them and the normal versions with standard encoders?
Jannet Simpson, ofice administrator of Simplicity anwser me:
"The high resolution encoder allows further optimisation of motor controller performance which reflects in improved FFB. Whether the improvement justifies the price increase is subjective and is down to each individual."
And said me that rf2 have suport, so tomorrow I will buy a sw10c, follow Edr and GP20 recomendation.

Upvote 0
Please could a kind soul upload some pictures or unboxing video of what people get if they buy a SW7C+, SW10C+ or SW12C+.

The only picture on the website is just a screenshot of the software. Am I supposed to buy a 700€ wheel without knowing what's in there? :)

In particular I am interested in the brackets and plates to mount the motor but anything will do.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Well uh, it looks exactly like the pictures on the website (I think the 7c has a bunch of pictures on the site).

My 10c is about 25 cm long, 9-10 cm square. It comes with a base plate and bracket (non adjustable, the unit sits parallel to whatever you mount it to).

Control box is aluminum, about the size of a small shoebox (kidsize shoes box). Cables are well made (not stiff and cumbersome) and shielded.

Shipped in one cardboard box, MIGE in styrofoam enclosure all neatly cushioned with padding.

I am not home for another week so I can’t snap a picture

Upvote 0
I have the SW10C+ and am struggling through some of the same issues as most. My latest issue was with mapping the wheel in Project Cars 2. Something fixed my issue. Probably the new firmware or just struggling to get things mapped, maybe both.
I'm successfully using PC2, Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa.
I think most people are in the same boat. Why comment until you even get some solid hours behind the wheel? Plus I'm busy with other parts of my rig. That said, here are some things I can say.
I asked Ollie how many of the compact series are out in the world being used. He paused and guessed about 30 off the top of his head. I assume this means SW7C, SW10C & SW12C, but I'm not certain. Point is that there are not many out there.
The hour config session was a lot of info to digest and a bit of a blur.
The SW10C+ feels great, but I'm still dialing things in. I like it. If I were you I'd wait a month or so and see what else you hear.
About the bracket, it flexes a bit more than I'd like. I added some supports and it's better.
Here are some older progress photos, I don't have anything new right now. I'm in the middle of a custom wheel build.
I have the + encoder but I've never tried another DD wheel, let alone the other version. I have no frame of reference. I can barely drag my fingernail across the top of the wheel and get it to register movement without visually noticing movement. So, yeah, enough.
One pics is of everything in the box, Motor, bracket, Silver case with computer stuff inside, cables.
One pic is with the wheel on but not attached to my rig.
Wheelparts.jpg
WheelAssembled.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
About the bracket, it flexes a bit more than I'd like. I added some supports and it's better.

I can barely drag my fingernail across the top of the wheel and get it to register movement without visually noticing movement. So, yeah, enough..
View attachment 271312 View attachment 271313

I also did the finger test, copied gamermuscle in his OSW video and it registers the lightest of feather touches with loads of input, pretty impressive.

That should translate to very fine ffb details but the mount worries me a little as well. i'm not sure if there's any better alternatives out there tbh, i've ordered a simlabs GT1 evo so i'm curious to see if there's any flex once mounted to a rock solid frame. But simlabs own mige adapters are the same style, face and base plate in a L shaped bracket altho theirs is single piece and looks like a smaller footprint.

Upvote 0
I've never recevied an answer from Simplicity. I've asked so many infos about their products, but never an answer. I'm not the guy who want to spend + €800 without any proper info or review about the product itself. The only info that i know are the one i read in this topic, which are not completely enough. That's why, at the end, i decided to spend other €400 and get a full kit from Simracing Bay.

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for uploading that review. On the face of it the 7nm wheel ticked all my boxes (looking to replace my T500RS with a quicker, more responsive wheel), but having watched your video it's clear that this is not the wheel for me.

If I was to spend that much cash on a piece of equipment I would:
A) expect it to work straight away
B)expect any issues to be resolved immediately, not weeks later

I completely understand you asking for a refund and I am sure that I would have done the same in your position. It's such a shame that a wheel that appears (on the surface) to be a great deal and one that really fills a gap in the market has turned out to be such a letdown :(

Upvote 0
I feel always strange when someone always repeat the same bad things and especially when he is the only one to have this bad experiences.
But when he makes a video spitting again the same things after returning his wheel...It looks like bashing.

More and more i think that there are people here who tries to do advertising for other brands.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back